Im not understanding current talk of coc/chaos nerfs...

First off, yes there are some very powerful builds out there, I do realize that.

CoC? Why are people complaining about wanting this nerfed? It takes a lot of investment (time/currency in most cases) to actually have a CoC worth 2 shits that can function on the offence and defence side of things. STOP complaining, especially these people who have NEVER played this type of build! How can you sit here and say it needs to be nerfed when you've never even played nor spent the time to make one. Anyways I really think you would have to completely remove the skill to nerf it. You cant nerf the internal time and it has been nerfed a few times already. Leave it alone.

Chaos meta... There are plenty of other builds that are very strong and also remember there are also only a handful of builds who can actually do uber. I think its great now that there actually more then 5 (estimating) builds that can do most of the endgame stuff. I really think the only reason half the shit gets nerfed is become people complain way too much about shit they have no clue about. Is it jealousy? Haters? I don't know but I am getting tired of Constant nerfs to things that really are just strong, but not overpowering.

So how about this GGG... Why cant you guys buff monsters? More HP or more attack/speed. Something other then the same old shit of nerfing everything the players enjoy... and that is finding and crafting the most elite builds with a lot of time and thought invested. Please people, stop complaining over shit you don't know about and definitely do not complain if you are jealous or whatever you may be going through... or just don't say anything at all and I would imagine some things would stay the same and the player base would be ALOT happier/

Now I get it, don't get me wrong, changes are great and they need to be done. I get that and I totally agree with it. But sometimes it seems everything fun gets fucked and thrown out the window. Its sad and disheartening.

Thanks for the reading my frustrations!
Last bumped on May 29, 2016, 3:56:42 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"leave my OP toys alone"
Will all these nerfs incomming , I'm kind of glad that I only play temp leagues :D
R.I.P 4.B.
"
Colonelnut wrote:

CoC? Why are people complaining about wanting this nerfed? It takes a lot of investment (time/currency in most cases) to actually have a CoC worth 2 shits that can function on the offence and defence side of things. STOP complaining, especially these people who have NEVER played this type of build! How can you sit here and say it needs to be nerfed when you've never even played nor spent the time to make one. Anyways I really think you would have to completely remove the skill to nerf it. You cant nerf the internal time and it has been nerfed a few times already. Leave it alone.

CoC dose not really take much investment, and i say that as a self found solo player. my CoC character managed to sail through merc lab easily enough(more easily that more def oriented chars)

You also have

Linked with a shadow trickster giving you far more points to put into damage and defence/life
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
I probably lack competetive spirit to understand most OP-complaints at all. There is just a silly ladder. It's not that there is any PvP here ;) If it is about races, fine then you'll have some builds that are most likely to win. But it's unlikely someone will find a 6L-Voltaxic in a two hour race, is it? Just don't play those builds if they underwhelm you with their gameplay.Be creative. There's millions of builds to be invented (most of them deadly underpowered).
I came here to drink milk and kick ass...and I've just finished my milk.
COC does not require investment, its also grossly overpowered for how cheap it is to run (you literally only need a Tabula to get decent COC going).

Also i find it quite funny how your characters are literally built as the most broken builds weve seen. You play Voltaxic LA and you play Low Life Spectral Throw (LLST was literally the King of all builds for the longest damn time too).
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
COC does not require investment, its also grossly overpowered for how cheap it is to run (you literally only need a Tabula to get decent COC going).

Also i find it quite funny how your characters are literally built as the most broken builds weve seen. You play Voltaxic LA and you play Low Life Spectral Throw (LLST was literally the King of all builds for the longest damn time too).

I just came back after a 2 year break a month ago and found out a lot has changed but I did play ST back when atziri first came out. Been awhile. Broken? What is broken about the Voltaxic LA? Isnt the point of the game to have a build and gear that clears quickly and to minimize deaths? That's what I'm not understanding and what my post is about. People complain because a build is strong? Because it achieves what I would have to believe most people would want in the endgame. I don't see anywhere where that chaos build is broken but it seems everyone is talking about how it is broken.. Now yes 2 years ago the LLST build was broken and I see in 2 years they've made changes to where it is not as popular as it once was.
"
Colonelnut wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

I just came back after a 2 year break a month ago and found out a lot has changed but I did play ST back when atziri first came out. Been awhile. Broken? What is broken about the Voltaxic LA? Isnt the point of the game to have a build and gear that clears quickly and to minimize deaths? That's what I'm not understanding and what my post is about. People complain because a build is strong? Because it achieves what I would have to believe most people would want in the endgame. I don't see anywhere where that chaos build is broken but it seems everyone is talking about how it is broken.. Now yes 2 years ago the LLST build was broken and I see in 2 years they've made changes to where it is not as popular as it once was.
Coversion double dipping in addition to frost wall. If you dont understand what that means look up Mathils video on KB frost wall and Voltaxic LA with frost wall, youll get the gist of it.

Basically you multiply your damage with double dipping and with frost wall piercing.

COC has always been rather inexpensive, it just wasnt as easy to stay alive before while playing it budget as it is now, im sure you can find red map/atziri tabula COC quill runs on youtube, or the like.

Voltaxic LA pierce frost wall LA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qvJBFTUBxs

COC Blast Rain on a Tabula doing Red Maps and T10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkdr0E6gTcg

there linked some for ya

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on May 22, 2016, 5:52:10 AM
CoC and chaos should stay as niche builds (smth like enchant sorc in d2). If u think its not OP replace it with cleave or other "great" skill.
The game seemed more balanced before those autoatack skills (CoC, CwDT and such) were introduced.
Last edited by Rakiii on May 22, 2016, 5:57:33 AM
No one said they are nerfing coc.

As for chaos meta, they are nerfing conversion.

On a side note, frost wall and pierce are kinda fucked up at the moment. Not sure what they will do about it tho.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info