What happened to Charan?

How come he's not on probation? Just musing aloud.
Censored.
"
Bars wrote:
"
Crocodarrel wrote:
The duration of probations escalates with each incidence. I don't know how many times it's been for him now, but I'd expect him to be gone for at least a month.

I'm accustomed to heavily moderated forums where anyone who isn't trying to meaningfully contribute to discussion is quickly shown the door. I think the fact that GGG allows people to go through multiple probations like this is actually way too lenient.
I'm all for anarchy myself :) Or at least different rules in different subsections. A bit uptight in build and gameplay discussion, much more relaxed in general/offtopic perhaps.
I think it depends on what you want to get out a forum. Unfiltered chaos can be fun, but it really ruins it for the people who want information and conversation. I can think of some posters, who've been here since the original beta, who want the forum to forever stay as their personal clubhouse, and left in a tiff when it finally (somehow, it took *years*) became clear that's not how this works.

Web forums aren't places where you can expect to treat everyone with the same casual banter that is appropriate for close friends. Anyone I've ever seen probated has forgotten this, and they are entirely too quick to respond to perceived slight with intentional rudeness. There are some forums where you can let loose and post whatever you want. The official forums for a business are not that.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I briefly saw the post which got him probated. Should have copied to clipboard. The short story is that he really wanted to be extremely rude to TriniGamer, and even ended his post with a "you can probate me now" utterance of some form. Entire post got deleted.

Whether or not such rudeness was deserved or not is left as an exercise for the reader.

I guess GGG is trying to make it so Charan doesn't make the same choice again.

Why am i not surprised that trini elicited such a response.
Sometimes though things need to be said good or bad, i just hope the target saw it before it's deletion
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on May 21, 2016, 5:51:55 PM
Can't argue with that, just saying I'm personally more relaxed. From GGG's standpoint it's much more different, of course.

When I was in highschool we made a school forum and it was total unbridled chaos... at some point we made a forum backup and made the 3 worst trolls and haters global moderators with next-to-admin powers for a week (including tinkering with other users' profiles).

It was beautiful.

If you're a teenager and you like it rough XD
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
When I was in high school there were no cell phones or internet and people took typewriter as an elective (I took woodworking instead).

I think he probably Ascended to a better place, away from here. At least for a while :)
FWIW, I was a total jackass in a lot of my earlier posts here. It wasn't until relatively recently that the idea of respecting other people even occurred to me. Then there was a period of sanctimonious superiority when I couldn't figure out why not everyone evolved at the same time as I did.

But really, you can't expect that. That's why it's on the tough love of the moderation team to make it clear what is and is not acceptable. Even though, in hindsight, it looks really obvious.

I'm sure if I had been in highschool at the time I found this forum, I'd have gotten myself banned multiple times over.
Maybe I'm thinking of somebody else, but hasn't Charan taken leaves of absence before as voluntary probations? Maybe he wanted a break.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on May 21, 2016, 6:24:53 PM
"
mark1030 wrote:
Maybe I'm thinking of somebody else, but hasn't Charan taken leaves of absence before as voluntary probations? Maybe he wanted a break.

I thought it was someone else, but yeah...could also be a voluntary probation
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
What's the forum moderation equivalent of suicide by cop?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I would think calling someone autistic because they don't play HC would be considered offensive but apparently I'm mistaken.
Censored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info