Why even bother playing hardcore temp leagues anymore? They're the same now

I thought people play HC for the hardcore-ness and bragging right (even tho PoE allow auto logout cheese), not to get better drops.

Did D3 give out better loot to hardcore or something? I am little confused why the complains.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on May 20, 2016, 11:35:08 PM
not sure how people can enjoy soft core leagues the game is about grinding monsters whats the point if you have infinite lives

the only reason people played standard in D2 was because of PvP and PvP is non existent in poe
"
Sojs wrote:
not sure how people can enjoy soft core leagues the game is about grinding monsters whats the point if you have infinite lives

the only reason people played standard in D2 was because of PvP and PvP is non existent in poe

Dying to stupid shit is fucking stupid. People have preferences like why are saying not sure? What the fuck lol and it's like you know the entire D2 database or some shit my god we should give you a medal.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on May 20, 2016, 11:47:31 PM
"
Sojs wrote:

Oh? I am surprised!! Is it that difficult for you to figure out? I would have took a wildly profound guess that a supreme being such as yourself, capable of discerning the absolute, and only reason why an entire generation of alien gamers played "standard in D2;" would be able to identify their simultaneous cause of enjoyment.

Mind if I help you out a quick sec? Alright, picture this absolutely inconceivable scenario, and try to maintain focus long enough to understand what might be enjoyable about it.

Hypothetically speaking, maybe Jesus likes to slam beers, periodically fuck with his cat, and not really give two flying fucks about what's happening when he's stoned as shit, and the pizza man just knocked on the door.

I mean, it's compellingly unlikely that the aforementioned would ever happen though.

SUPPORT TAGS LIMIT REACHED!!?? - Fine then....
twitch.tv/amity13
Last edited by AmityXIII on May 21, 2016, 12:13:30 AM
Some people like Vanilla
Some people like Chocolate.

Everything else is just, like, totally your opinion man.
next league will be hc for me.....no other way.

have fun dudes
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
"
SierraT wrote:
TLDR:0 incentive to play on hardcore-temp when its no longer any different than softcore and I could just self impose the 1 death restriction.

First they stopped making two different temp leagues.

Then they removed hardcore/softcore specific challenges.

Then they stopped making hardcore/softcore specific uniques

So what now? My char moves to std now when it dies is the only difference? Hardly worth missing out on the majority of the player base for something I could just self impose.

Playing HC is an end in itself. Of course, when they did 2 different leagues each time there was also that, and some HC specific (or rather league specific) items.
However, when I play HC it is because it's more of a challenge. Of course you can delete your char at 1 death in SC, too. But you don't have to. You can (and perhaps will "Oh, this was just because of lag") just cheat yourself. In HC, you can't. You die, you go to SC. Personally, I'd prefer the Diablo II(III, too?) style of HC death → your char is lost.

I stopped playing HC, though, because my system isn't optimal. I do get lags and stutter, which is normally survivable, but mostly only up until Cruel Malachai. I would play HC again in a second if I had lag and especially stutter free system.
Very excited about the overhaul mentioned in the news post.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Last edited by Mikrotherion on May 21, 2016, 1:50:15 AM
"

That was a weird reading.

I get the impression that English is not your primary language. To clarify a little, death in Hardcore is a punishment for "-Not having enough health" for example. You can get by in Standard with 3k health throughout the entire endgame. This is not the case in Hardcore. In other words, Hardcore players are imposing penalties on themselves for no other reason than they feel like it. That is why there are glass-cannon builds in Standard and not many glass-cannon builds at any level in Hardcore.

Again, I am not saying Standard players don't play the game. I am saying they don't have the same penalty for not paying attention to every aspect of the game. In Hardcore, if you log on your L90 character while drunk, and you die, you "lose everything" because you played casually just once. In Standard, you can do whatever and it doesn't penalize you for it beyond experience loss.

I am specifically not acting like Hardcore is elite. It is not. It is probably dumb. There is less you can do, less flexibility in play styles, and less flexibility in how you can enjoy the game. I can't test out weird things/builds in Hardcore like I imagine I could in Standard. Hardcore players can't enjoy the game for the game, they need some stupid mechanic to add some risk into how they approach the game. They play carefully, yet realize they could remake a character to L75 in just a few hours if they wanted.

The biggest thing I can explain to you why Hardcore is different is that when you die, you cannot play with your friends anymore unless you make a new character. So you did all this work, playing with all your friends, and then you die - you lose out on playing with your friends again for quite some time until you catch back up. That is not the case in Standard where you just re-enter the area/map and continue on like nothing happened. This doesn't make Hardcore players elite, it makes them dumb. But it is more fun I think, to have that risk - any risk - versus Standard's zero-risk play. There is a large difference between promising yourself that you will delete a Standard character if you die once, and having that situation almost forced on you like it is when you choose Hardcore.

It comes down to preference.

(Oh and playing off what someone said, an easy way to fix the economy is to make Hardcore characters get deleted on death and not moved to Standard where I and many others just donate top gear to anyone we see in town, which skews the economy somewhat. Just make a HC death a permanent delete.)
Last edited by VexusOnTwitch on May 21, 2016, 1:54:58 AM
"
"
Sojs wrote:

Dying to stupid shit is fucking stupid. People have preferences like why are saying not sure? What the fuck lol and it's like you know the entire D2 database or some shit my god we should give you a medal.

[Removed by support]

IT IS A FACT that softcore is a joke

when there is no risk of losing your character just endlessly grinding mobs playing loloololol xd crit build lolollololo omg i do so much dps loolloololol lets farm atziri hehe xd i am such good player

you're terrible, keep donating thousands of $$$$ to play your farming simulator
Last edited by Eben_GGG on May 21, 2016, 6:44:09 AM
Oh my I seem to have triggered someone and he says it's a fact man we really should give you a medal.

1) He uses the basic you play in SC therefor you're terrible

2) He seems to be very prideful and has a bigger ego then I do holy shit.

Man this is why people don't like some of you HC players because of this guy hes very upset.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on May 21, 2016, 6:50:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info