For a hybrid ES/life build, how much %increase do I need from passives?

My google-fu has failed me on this one. Messing around with the tree planner, and I can't really get more than +130% each. Assuming a ranged build and no expensive gear, would that be enough?
Last bumped on May 21, 2016, 5:04:14 PM
130% life is passable, but you'll want more ES than that. I tend to have closer to 200% ES (including contributions from intelligence) on my life/ev/es characters, and i don't even go nearly as overboard as most forum-goers seem to advise on defenses. So if you're doing life-es without the evasion i'm using, i'd definitely expect over 200% (again, including intelligence, so like at least 150% w/o int).

It's usually not too hard to pull, just grab the two life+es clusters, the notable in the scion ES wheel, and run through the witch's ES starting path and the small ES cluster just above it. That'll put you up around 150%, intelligence can push you up over 200%, and there's still some decent minor nodes available in the scion wheel if you find you need more. And if you're in the shadow starting area you can grab the life-ev-es notable; even if you don't care about evasion, it's still a couple points for 15% ES, 5% life, and some all resist. And there's always jewels.
Last edited by Shppy on May 20, 2016, 8:48:25 PM
On my hybrid arc build apparently I have 154% life + 188% es + 62% es from int. This is including ascendancy, Vile Bastion Occultist, its lvl94 atm.

The gear is a bit intense, theres 44% es from jewellery and weve got 5k life, 5k es, 5k armour, a little over on all 3. Its a crit arc build, so theres a fair bit of damage specced but the tree felt stretched very thin, and theres an intuitive leap jewel in there somewhere.

you could get maybe 4k life + 3k es with average gear givne the numbers you have atm? I dunno, Id want a bit more tbh.
May I hijack this for a second?
If one plans to use Spirit offering for ES based of life, are the ES/Life clusters still worth traveling?
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
My Life / ES "combo" facebreaker Witch has 195% inc ES ( without int ) and 115% inc life ( about 55% of the life is being reserved ).
Lvl 84, so planning to get more ES in the next lvls, but I will change the tree with Prophecy a bit anyway :p.
6k+ ES and 3k2 life or so.

Need to be careful of freeze/shock sometimes, because the life is not that high ( and harder to get on gear ).
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
May I hijack this for a second?
If one plans to use Spirit offering for ES based of life, are the ES/Life clusters still worth traveling?

If we go the same logic as Hierophant passive, then the calculation for added ES would be:

(sum of all life before % life) * (sum of all life + es increase modifiers).

For example, a level 90 character will have:
38+90*12 = 1118 base life without items
Lets say at least 400 life from items, at least 50 life from STR
So base life is now at 1568

With 150% life and 200% ES and 2% of life added as ES per corpse you would be looking at:
(1568) * (1.0 + 1.5 + 2.0) * 0.02 = 141 ES / per corpse consumed

How far can this be scaled and is it too clunky to use or not is another question.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
key to life/ES combo is a good shield and 'increased defences from shield' passives. 300ES shield can give 2000+ ES easily

and people sell such items for peanuts. all my hybrid builds start their gearing from a shield and shield passives as these make or break the build
I'm sitting at 79% increased life and 240% increased ES (including int bonus) on my elementalist. Those bring me to about 2.4k life and 4.8k ES. It's been enough for all the maps I've done so far, although I haven't done anything past tier 10.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info