The reason I probally won't play the next xpac

First off, I want to say that this is a great game. I have recommended, and will continue to recommend it to friends.

With that in mind, I have a problem with one thing in this game that limits builds, and honestly eliminates the possibility of playing the game the way I want to.

Reflect.

I play HC only, and have been doing so since onslaught. I enjoyed the game immensely, and tried all the builds under the sun, I've probably ripped more characters than Jesus, but that was never really a problem for me.

This game became awesome to me when I discovered crit. I love crit in all it's forms. The challenge of building a squishy character that can kill extremely fast if you possess the skill to not get hit, it's basically an entirely different game. The fear of death is real, and you need to balance speed with caution, which isn't easy. I can do that.

Arc
Frost blades
Sunder
Fireball
Ground slam
Lightning arrow
etc..

I can make em crit, I can have a hell of a lot of fun with them, until I 1 shot myself. I literally 1shot a level 75 character with leap slam in perandus. I'v offscreen killed myself more times than I can count, yet I always make more characters under the belief that I will gain enough skill to avoid reflect. (Avoid not negate, avoid avoid avoid avoid)

I want to do crazy damage, I want to be free, I hate those cookie cutter RT boring as all hell builds. They drive me crazy. I want to be free to make up whatever wonky build I want to play without having to convert it all to chaos damage. Sure you are toning down chaos conversion, that's cool... no really... no... its not. The reason people had to convert was because of reflect anyways. All you are doing is making more builds unplayable.

If you remove reflect, people with the skills to do so, can play anything. All reflect does is throttle the game. Throttle the fun, throttle the players, throttle the creativity, throttle the number of playable builds.

Reflect has ended this game for me.

Last bumped on Apr 9, 2018, 11:57:26 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Mathil and bakedchicken stated reflect was literally the stupidest mechanic ever well not exactly stupid but outdated.

Unfortunate because it is stupid and outdated honestly all it does is please the whole THE GAME MUST BE SLOWER man fuck that you want shit slower give me more hp mobs / damage not myself being obliterated granted the reflect right now isn't THAT bad unless it's the map mod version. Why do you think people used chaos in the first place before it got buffed?

Reflect.

Reflect has always been a stupid and retarded mechanic yet some of these people enjoy it they think it's ''challenging''
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on May 20, 2016, 1:55:22 PM
I once hit a tree off the tee with a golfball and the ball came right back at me. Fuckin reflect. Stupid mechanic. Why can't trees be made out of sponges so I can hit them all I want and not have to worry about getting hit back?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
+1

Reflect is stupid and unfair. A huge part of the chaos conversion's popularity was not the chaos damage itself but getting rid of reflect. And now it's getting nerfed.

Get rid of reflect or add some new ways to defend against it. Ripping to something off-screen before you can even see it is totally stupid.
I agree.Reflect is a negative thing for me in this game. I hate it.
IGN : Sir_Big
The problem with reflect is there aren't many good ways to build for it besides bypassing it completely with shit like traps, totems, and chaos conversion. If we had better damage type specific defensive mechanics then we could tailor them to match our offensive abilities and reflect would force you into a reasonable balance of offense and defense.
"
The problem with reflect is there aren't many good ways to build for it besides bypassing it completely with shit like traps, totems, and chaos conversion. If we had better damage type specific defensive mechanics then we could tailor them to match our offensive abilities and reflect would force you into a reasonable balance of offense and defense.

First off, thanks for all the responses, I really laced that post with everything I honestly felt. More alternatives to negate reflect is also a possibility that would make me revisit my opinions.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 7:31:13 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
We used to tell attack builds not to stack too much accuracy so they could evade their own reflects, people consider that loss of DPS unacceptable now.

This is an extreme case of reliance on RNG. Multiple hits in a row can kill your character since you are evasion based, rather than reducing your reflected damage with armor. I don't find this to be viable for a physical HC build.
Last edited by Insticator on May 20, 2016, 4:12:45 PM
"
Insticator wrote:
...I hate those cookie cutter RT boring as all hell builds...

did this just come from someone who plays crit builds?

really?

REALLY?

congratulations for winning the 'hypocrite of the millenia' prize.

crits are the number fucking one cookie cutter function in the entire game.

oh and reflect only hurts glass cannons. l2make better builds lelelel
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info