Proliferation and burn

Does a proliferated burn stack?
E.g. I have two monsters near each other. I ignite both of them for 50 damage/sec.
Will each one burn for it's own 50 dmg and additionally proliferate that for a total of 100 dmg/sec on them? Or will they only burn for 50 dmg/sec?

Intuitively I would guess it is the latter, however recently I read otherwise on a random reddit post and considering how popular burn+proliferate was, it makes me wonder if that post was true.
Last bumped on May 20, 2016, 12:51:47 PM
It's the latter. Burns don't stack unless you have Emberwake ring, only the strongest burn is active.
Burn prolif was popular cause Ele Prolif gem gained base AoE with levels which made it proliferate to enormous ranges with some scaling, it also didn't have damage penalty.
ya its a 3 year old post on reddit. Theres a chance it once worked like that and Ive simply forgotten, I know burn has had a few alterations over the years. More likely the guy is just wrong, none of is knew anything 3 years ago, I couldnt have told you if burns stacked or not back then.

I can say with a fair bit of certainty that they dont now though.
Ignites never stacked.

(Burns do; Ignite deals Burning Damage, but not all Burning Damage is Ignite :P )
For those who are curious. You can stack different burn sources, as:

1) Normal Ignite
2) Righteous Fire
3) Searing Bond
4) Burning Ground (like the one that fire trap does)

And I think there are no other burn sources.
ignite + proliferate can still be very strong, but it requires much more effort than before. It is not that popular any more, proliferation got nerfed and broken poison mechanics introduced:)
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info