Mathvil vlog : Chaos damage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLUw7F7NHHs

Hes basically just saying reflect is fucking stupid.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last bumped on May 24, 2016, 6:32:09 AM
The fix is simple, remove reflect overall, or add chaos resist / chaos reflect.
"
MowBow wrote:
The fix is simple, remove reflect overall, or add chaos resist / chaos reflect.

Chaos reflect = everyone goes CI.

As I've said before, reflect is an outdated mechanic and should be removed completely.
"
MowBow wrote:
The fix is simple, remove Mathil

Fixed that for ya
Oblivious
Every time you play the game the way it is intended you get fked over. Managed to 6L pledge of hands on 2wk flash back had life leech as my 7th link for non crit arc. Everytime I came across a reflect mob my character would drop to 25% life or less. Like I thought Arc had shit single target. Then you remember that Voltaxic Arc has no issues. The character wasn't even SHIT. Had 5k life, 10k armour, +ve chaos res, 4% regen, 5 endurance and artic armour as a fucking caster. Like I didnt want to die to dumb shit. You mean to tell me I have to carry around a 54/60 charges used flask to not die to reflect??? (vinktar)

I played a templar early perandus and it felt unnatural how I was destroying bosses but then I remembered thats what chaos builds do without an ascension and do not get gutted by reflect.

"If I don't kill mobs fast enough I might die, if I am able to kill them too quickly (reflect) I might die"

It needs to go. Introduce mob life and give these Rares 50%block (to counter attack builds)/Spell block(to counter spell builds) if you want to challenge players and slow down the game.

If reflect was not in the game (atziri mirror split phase should remain!, ITS PERFECTLY FINE) then this "chaos meta" would not be a thing. It's like mathil said, could replace reflect with thorns. Any build with high cast speed/attack speed will be equally punished regardless of damage type.
Last edited by JusJev on May 18, 2016, 11:52:54 AM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 7:18:27 PM

the toned down version of reflect we have now is totaly fine.

the only problem is the ability of players to avoid reflect by converting to chaos damage with not only no drawback but the ability to double dip when buffing elemental and chaos damage.

###

my solution would be to make chaos damage unreliably by giving it a implicit chance to apply it's damage which can't be negated.

"chaotic damage", it's already in the name.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on May 18, 2016, 12:19:30 PM
They should at least give reflect and lightning thorns an effective range so you can't offscreen yourself to death. It's different if you can preflask but offscreen rips are... discouraging. Making thorns more visible would also be great, it's next to impossible to see it in a dense pack of mobs.

Happened to me in the 2-week PHC flashback on day 3 or 4, I didn't even reroll. Completely removed my desire to play.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on May 18, 2016, 12:28:37 PM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 7:18:45 PM
"
Bars wrote:
Making thorns more visible would also be great, it's next to impossible to see it in a dense pack of mobs.

Yeah, it's one of those things we have a fair deal of complaints about lately, too many monsters, too much effects, total visual overload on screen. Whenever they want to make a point they have to hang a neon sign around the monster's neck or we miss it entirely.

By the way, what's this doing in Gameplay Help? They surely aren't messing with our dear I_NO?
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on May 18, 2016, 12:44:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info