Cabinet of history.

"
gwarlek wrote:
"
zzang wrote:

Ur build is better than some mirror gear builds out there plus its the ultimate budget.

Can you give as an estimation how much hidden potential adds to damage? Im currently trying out mings heart and scolds birdle instead of it but it doesnt feel like its a lot of dps like you do maybe because my bladevortex is lvl 15? Whats your tooltip dps with bladevortex unbuffed in hideout?

Edit: And ist low life Pathfinder Bladevortex still viable - no one in the forums seem to speak about it so i guess its still viable with flask refill?

Added Chaos level is more important than BV level. Ming's Heart has a too steep of a penalty for life builds and Scold's spell damage doesn't double deep. You can use those to impress a girlfriend with girth of your tooltip, but practical applicability just isn't there. You need all HP available to not get one shot as a berserker with no other forms of defense.

For a Pathfinder build look here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1795223

Thanks for answer although it sounded a bit douchbag'ish. So i guess most of ur dps comes from poison double dipped by hidden potential? I was trying out mings as i have 6k life with zerker but i also will try hidden potential.

is there any special reason you use devoto's devotion over any other helm?
Last edited by zzang on Dec 16, 2016, 2:45:35 PM
So I just got my hands on a Cospri's, and was looking for viable builds with it - if I can only manage to 5L it, is it still possible to follow this build (at a much lower dps level?) What would the links be?

Edit: In regards to the BV build
Last edited by waslo on Dec 16, 2016, 2:54:54 PM
Looks like the insane damage of this build is due to how GGG changed Blade Vortex's 20% more at full stacks mechanics in the last patch. Someone on Reddit did the math and made a thread and now the general consensus is that it's OP broken due to a bug. Really unfortunate because I just got to Merciless with my character, I just thought the build was really strong, not literally broken.
"
zzang wrote:

Thanks for answer although it sounded a bit douchbag'ish. So i guess most of ur dps comes from poison double dipped by hidden potential? I was trying out mings as i have 6k life with zerker but i also will try hidden potential.

is there any special reason you use devoto's devotion over any other helm?

Thank you. I tried to be as douchebaggy as possible.
Devoto's is BiS and here is why. Saves you at least one passive point one dexterity to fill Cospri's Will requirements. 20% movement speed is huge when you don't have movement skills. Easy to buy with required enchant. Some evasion to help Stibnite flask.

"
So I just got my hands on a Cospri's, and was looking for viable builds with it - if I can only manage to 5L it, is it still possible to follow this build (at a much lower dps level?) What would the links be?

Edit: In regards to the BV build

Pull out Void Manip.

"
coleipoo wrote:
Looks like the insane damage of this build is due to how GGG changed Blade Vortex's 20% more at full stacks mechanics in the last patch. Someone on Reddit did the math and made a thread and now the general consensus is that it's OP broken due to a bug. Really unfortunate because I just got to Merciless with my character, I just thought the build was really strong, not literally broken.

GGG really failed to communicate in this case. They should have announced that they are investigating or something, because many people might be leveling new toons for nothing right now.
Last edited by gwarlek on Dec 16, 2016, 4:20:12 PM
"
gwarlek wrote:
"
zzang wrote:

investigating or something, because many people might be leveling new toons for nothing right now.

not really. if ggg decides to nerf (and they will only do it after this weekends so theres quite a bit of time), one can easily switch over to cwc bladefall (not as OP good but still strong)
Last edited by forthelulz123 on Dec 16, 2016, 6:29:00 PM
Nice cheese catch, I like the use of hidden potential. What do you think of assassin ascendancy for poison damage?

EDIT: Sorry, someone already talked about assassin. Nice build anyway!
Last edited by Solonyx on Dec 16, 2016, 11:02:48 PM
just melted shaper and uber with the bv zerker. good stuff.
I have been trying your Poison Berserker, too.

Gear

Been sitting at 6250 life with overcapped resists, keeping up mana was no problem with the zerk leech. Damage is insane, Path of Building shows 7K for average hit plus 12K Poison per stack; times 20 stacks and poison stacks lasting 8 seconds thanks to Temp Chains.

To admit though, playstyle is kinda boring, even though it's insanely powerful against Shaper so I sold my stuff.

Pretty great idea especially for this budget!
IGN: @JanusHuntress

Thanks GGG for caring so much about your players: https://redd.it/57wexj
Last edited by Janus171 on Dec 17, 2016, 9:00:03 AM
"
gwarlek wrote:
This takes as a base a very known Berseker build which uses Obliteration wands together with Blade Vortex. However, nobody seem thought to add double dipping sauce in the form of Hidden Potential jewel, which provides me with 125% increased general double dippable damage for the price of one jewel socket. Cospri's Will instead of Carcass Jack allows better passive tree pathing as well as essentially a 7-link setup and makes Obliteration's explosions poison on hit.
I've been testing this combination right before 2.5 in Standard and it was good, but in 2.5 it jumped up a notch. My assumption is that "More damage for each blade" in reworked BV also affects poison for some mechanical reason or due to a bug.

Anyway, you can watch videos and figure out the rest. Enjoy the cheese.
Shaper: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXcPXhlJtaw
Minotaurus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXEP_GkAt3k
Chayula: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4O06QXEbHE
Uber Atziri: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2CMmaIRqVY

Breach BV Obliteration Berserker @lvl93

Why do you use the gripped gloves? I thought bv doesn't scale with proj. Damage? Or is it just because of the Rolls?
Do you think that The Retch would be a good belt for this build? Would sacrifice 25% of damage, but 200% of Life Leech applied as Chaos Damage, with Cospri's converting that into a poison DoT.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info