Melee End Game

Are melee characters still getting there asses kicked in end game like in previous patches or has it been tweaked so they are holding there own? one of my work mates who has been playing a lot longer then me advised against me going marauder as he said monsters do to much damage to handle in melee range.
I like to Party.
I tried my legacy character last night, Duelist in early 50's. Still dying and to be honest not having as much fun as I am on my ranger. Donno how Templar and Marauders are going...
69+ default frenzy ranger
Hardcore Ladder 3/5 of the Top 20 are 'Melee' classes.
Default Ladder 3/5 of the Top 20 are 'Melee' classes.

What do you think? Whether or not some of the people use bows or spells is quetionable. Or whether or not they're using AoF or a max health/regen Blood Magic is also questionable. But judging by numbers alone, I'd say melee is just fine.
Last edited by FaceLicker on Jan 11, 2012, 11:04:09 PM
I was waiting for someone to mention the ladder, i had already checked it but i heard that they were using bows etc that's why i made this thread to see if someone could confirm
I like to Party.
My late 50's marauder does fine, despite having a terrible weapon.

As long as I'm careful, I can handle same level areas easily. Keeping 5 endurance charges up is a must to get 75% mitigation and elemental resistances. Also, enfeebling is important.

With these buffs and debuffs, along with my blood rage and lots of other life steal, I can very easily sit in the middle of packs of champion or rare/aura'd groups and sweep away without having to heal at all.

I definitely have to be more alert than with my shock nova/zombie witch though
They do fine, but they are outperformed and have much more risk than a caster/ranged character.
i remember back in the good old days in D2 when they hadn't capped the barbs whirlwind and he was the most destructive character in the game, bring back the over powered melee character!
I like to Party.
Melee characters always involve more risk, but as such they tend to be better built to survive tricky situations. By contrast casters/ranged tend to have higher DPS/alpha damage but are alot more squishy if caught unawares.

I see nothing wrong with this dynamic, its how most games work tbh
"
FaceLicker wrote:

¿maybe helped by ranger or witch? of course
marauder need more power, people!!
when PATH OF EXILE reset all.
Im gonna think if choose ranger or witch.
tired to die with my marauder 69.
dissapointed
Last edited by draud on Jan 12, 2012, 8:28:51 PM
"
draud wrote:
"
FaceLicker wrote:

¿maybe helped by ranger or witch? of course
marauder need more power, people!!
when PATH OF EXILE reset all.
Im gonna think if choose ranger or witch.
tired to die with my marauder 69.
dissapointed

I truly hope you are joking here. Melee right now are easily eclipsing witch/ranger. Perhaps you built yours incorrectly, but a well built one easily outsurvives and outdamages a witch/ranger.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info