Question on Cast-On-Death and Blasphemy

If I have the following set-up

1) Blasphemy + Flammability
2) Cast on Death + Discharge

will the Discharge benefit from the Flammability?

a) yes, it is all simultaneous
b) no, you die, your Blasphemy aura disappears and then the Dischargge goes off
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last bumped on May 13, 2016, 3:42:07 AM
Anyone (bump)?
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
My guess is no, unless there's something weird about the way CoD works.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Discharge will benefit, as it calculates it's damage immediately, as you die. This would not be true for, say, a projectile skill, which is fired when you die, but won't calculated damage until it hits something, some time after you died (and thus lost the aura). So it depends on the skill, but for this example, yes.
i also would have thought that the "damage packet" sent from the player to the destination contains all the damage's properties at the time the shot is fired.

which would include a projectile arriving after the player's death.

nevermind.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I think it does contain all "damage properties" but these are the properties propagating from player. And before the damage is applied to monster it also have to take all monster properties in consideration. And in the case of projectile, aura will not be affecting monster at the time they collide.
edit: what I meant is if you had Anger and Blas-Flammability, then Anger will affect resulting damage but Flammability will not.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Last edited by silumit on May 12, 2016, 2:24:01 AM
"
silumit wrote:
edit: what I meant is if you had Anger and Blas-Flammability, then Anger will affect resulting damage but Flammability will not.
That is not correct.
Damage cannot be calculated until you know what you're hitting, which for a projectile, is when it actually hits something. At that point, it is able to calculate damage, and does so.
I've always wondered, does this mean that Enfeeble has no effect on Porcupine death-spines? I guess that's so, since the spines have some travel time after the porks are dead (and therefore no longer enfeebled).
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
silumit wrote:
That is not correct.
Damage cannot be calculated until you know what you're hitting, which for a projectile, is when it actually hits something. At that point, it is able to calculate damage, and does so.
so the only data left after character's death is active skill and its linked supports? What about items that were equipped on character? Do their effects count? I'm still asking about projectile(="not immediate") case.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
I would assume that items affecting the damage should work, I mean, if it's +% spell damage, is it really that different from passive tree % spell damage?
In which case, could a mod theoretically modify only either?
I assume no, but you never know. Well, until someone tells us.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info