First to strike last to fall

Does low life (remove status ailments when reach low life) make you immune to status ailments or they are removed ONLY when low life is reached.
Last bumped on May 5, 2016, 5:03:32 PM
based on the wording, it does exactly what it says it does: removes ailments when you reach low life

wording in PoE is precise, it says nothing about immunity, and I think there is a reason why it says what it says
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Ludvator wrote:
based on the wording, it does exactly what it says it does: removes ailments when you reach low life

wording in PoE is precise, it says nothing about immunity, and I think there is a reason why it says what it says

Let me carry on an arugment from the amulet ES thred: if wording in PoE is so precise, what can you say about the words 'increased critical strike chance'?

You can get this as a local modifier which increases base weapon crit chance. You can also get it as a passive tree skill (i.e. Assassinate) but there it's actually global. The same words, vastly different effects.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
alright. let me introduce you some other PoE mechanics rules

1) when a modifier can apply locally, it applies locally (unless specifically stated it is GLOBAL).. like the crit on weapons or defences on chest, etc

2) when there is only one way how the modifier can apply, wording does not specify it (as it is not needed.. otherwise it could create very long specifications of some modifiers). for example, crit on amulet cant obviously apply locally to the amulet -> it is global. the same with passive tree. there is no such modifier on passive tree that would apply locally to the item
Last edited by Ludvator on May 5, 2016, 10:53:01 AM
I know this but still thanks for demonstrating my point by writing a somewhat confusing explanation with examples and variations :P
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on May 5, 2016, 11:52:52 AM
knowing something and understanding something is not the same thing

I just wanted to help you understand how things work in PoE. I obviously failed at it, perhaps someone else with better skills in explaining things will manage to do that
I suppose the issue here is that "when x is reached" is a fairly rare mechanic, and I think it is new, so there is less precedent to point to.

But I think if you think about it it wouldn't make sense for it to work any other way.
1. If it gave immunity, why not just say immunity?
2. If you were sitting in a chair would you say you're continuously reaching your chair? If you're standing in France, would you ever think, "I'm reaching France right now, and I'm continuing to reach France"?

Gives reasonable doubt that "removed when x is reached" = "immunity to x"
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
Ludvator wrote:
1) when a modifier can apply locally, it applies locally (unless specifically stated it is GLOBAL).. like the crit on weapons or defences on chest, etc

This is an OK rule of thumb, but it breaks down in a lot of places, especially with unique items. It's like "i before e except after c" - ok to help you learn but in the end you are better off not using it since it is wrong a lot of the time.
I think it is best just to learn which mods are global and which ones are local.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
There is a way to constantly trigger it if you build around it, it just requires something like:

1. reserve all but 36% of your life
2. Use an attack with BM which has LGOH with enough mana cost to bring you down to 35%
3. refresh the buff with the mentioned BM attack to keep it up

That being said that would mean you can't use pain attunement reliably.

[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info