[2.4] Yalani's Buildcompendium

2.4 Builds
Low Life Righteous Fire - Trickster/Occulist/Scion/Guardian/Hierophant/Inquisitor

The Scourge Vortex + Zombie Necromancer

Gameplay Video

T13 Tropical Island: https://youtu.be/tgj300wpGD0
The character was level 86 at the time of the video, but I still have 2 points to spent, since I am running around with 2 useless Bandit rewards.

How to
7 Auras + 48% Auraeffect = 103% Damage and 52% Attack/Castspeed for you and your Zombies due to Commander of Darkness. The Scourge allows your 250% Minion damage to apply to your skills. Flesh Offering + Vaal Haste add a lot of attack and castpeed aswell. The result is a pretty neat attacktime on Whirling Blades + decent damage for your Vortex, since the added damage from The Scourge/Commander of Darkness doubledip on your Burning Damage.

Avatar of Fire + Cold to Fire for 100% Cold>Fire conversion.
Vortex' damage is enough for packs, but not really good against tougher rares and bosses, so we let our Zombies deal with them.

Gear

Swap out Firepen for Lifeleech if you feel like you need some sustain - respec Ghost Reaver if you don't.
You neither need a level 4 Enlighten, nor a level 21 Bloodmagic.

2.3 Builds

Herald of Thunder Fire Prolif - Elementalist

Not working anymore due to the Elementalist changes in 2.4!

Gear

-Use Belly or Lightning Coil as your Body Armour
-Call of the Brotherhood for 100% conversion to Fire
-Daresso's for Whirling Blades
-Doryanis for the Elemental Damage
-Ngamahu Tiki is the best Amulet for this build - I just don't have access to it in Standard League
-Use Vinktar to Shock enemies, so your Herald doesn't stop running
-Use Shock Nova + Innervate + Writhing Jar if you don't have Vinktar's

Generic Herald of Ash + Vaal RF builds

Theose builds are all based on the same mechanic, just different Skills and Ascendancies:
-Convert damage to Fire
-Stack tons of Fire/Elementaldamage to scale Herald and your Mainskill
-Stack AoE
-Kill 1 mob and Herald of Ash clears most of the screen
-Vaal RF for boss oneshots

You want to have 100% chance to ignite for Vaal RF. Keep in mind, that bosses do have 60% Curse Resistance, so your Flammability only adds 6-7%.

The new fated Unique Ngamahu Tiki is very good for those builds, as the Firedamage increases your Initial hit and any burning damage you do - I just don't have access to it in standard league.

Use the Worm Flask to get your Herald going if you are doing harder maps/tougher Enemies with extra Life etc. This also works great against bosses if your Vaal RF is down for some reason.

Enlighten is not needed - you can always drop Increased Burning damage on your HoF.

Melee - Shield Charge, Leap Slam, Earthquake etc - Elementalist

Gear

You can also use Doryanis Catalyst (Or any physical weapon) and use Physical to Lightning instead of Firepen, so you don't need 4 offcolours on your Carcass.
Oros, Disfavour or any physical twohander works aswell for anything but Shieldcharge.
Facebreaker is also an option.
Maligaros Lens is used for the AoE - you can go with something else if you can't handle the -50% Resistances though.

Ranged - Burning Arrow - Deadeye

Gear

This is not a crit build, so the Harbinger base is kind of a waste - just get a bow with high physical damage. Attackspeed doesnt really matter aswell, as we want to oneshot mobs and not do sustained damage. Reach of the Council is probably the best option for even higher AoE coverage. Lioneyes or Chinsol works aswell if you want to keep it cheap.

You can also try a good Elementalbow with full conversion via Call of the Brotherhood and Cold to Fire.
Signal Flare instead of Avatar of Fire is fine aswell.

Weaponswap to reach 100% chance to ignite for Vaal RF

Vinktar's Shock double dips your ignite damage, so it is a very nice option against harder bosses aswell.

2.2 Builds

Max Block Aegis Abyssal Cry + Essence Drain - Berserker/Gladiator/Scion/Trickster

Elemental Hit + Orb of Storms + Herald of Ice - Elementalist

Not working anymore due to the Elementalist changes in 2.4!
How to
Not gonna lie here – the build struggles with a lot of map mods. Less Reg/Vulnerability kinda sucks for Bloodrage, Cold Resistance is bad for Herald of Ice, Fire Resistance reduces your Singletarget damage by a lot, since most of the damage comes from Burning and Elemental Equilibrium basically reduces all your damage.

Clearspeed is still okish in higher maps, but Enfeeble + tougher enemies like Golems will prevent your Herald of Ice to go off, since the damage isnt high enough to freeze. Video was done with 2 5-Links though, so this problem might be solved later.

Anyways, this is how the build works: Orb of Storms triggers everytime you use a lightning Skill, and we want to trigger it as much as possible. This is why we are using Quill Rain, which is the Weapon with the highest Attackspeed in the game. There are only 2 ranged Lightning Attacks – Elemental Hit and Lightning Arrow. Since Elemental Hit does more Singletarget damage, we stick to that.
Orb of Storms than kills+freezes a random Enemy, which will proc Herald of Ice. This ignites every Enemy due to Conflux, which also proliferates to other Enemies. Herald of Ice + lots of Elemental Damage and Aoe is enough to kill every white pack on its own.

For singletarget, we utilize Emberwake + The Taming. Emberwake allows Ignites to Stack and Taming increases the damage for each Ignite on the Enemy. Since we are attacking so fast and Orb of Storms also procs everytime we attack, we quickly stack a ton of ignites for pretty decent singletarget damage.

The build also works without the Taming, but the bossclear is much lower.
Vinktar isn't needed - Atziri's Promise is pretty decent for leech aswell.
Reflect is not that much of an issue, because most of the Singletargetdamage comes from Ignite.
Defense is okish due to ~45% chance to Evade, Acrobatics and a decent Lifepool.

Gear

Cast on drinking potion - Inquisitor

How to
This is my variation of the CwdP build, which is almost 100% immune to physical Damage (Immortal Call lasts 4 second and has a 3 second Cooldown - it automatically gets casted via CwDT).
Reflect is not an issue due to Vinktar + Boots Enchantment.

How it works: Press Vinktar + Flask of grounding for massive lifeleech and use your Writhing Jar + Doedres at the same time. Doedre's deals damage to yourself, which procs all the CwDT gems.
The CwDT is set up to activate all smaller Spells by 1 use of Doedre's, which creates all the Power + Endurance Charges.
The second time you press the Flask, Discharge and Immortal Call will activate for tons of Damage and immunity to physical Damage.

Discharge has capped critchance and deals ~110k damage if you factor in the 10% more damage of Augury of Penitence and the Critmulti of Righteous Providence. With Vinktar + Assassins Mark(which is both up all the time) the damage goes up to 200k per use.
The smaller Spells also deal a little bit of damage and since you can use Doedre's more than 1 time per second, the total damage is somewhere between 500k and 1 Million DPS.
Due to the Inquisitor Ascendancy, we also penetrate enemies Elemental Resistance, so the damage is actually the true DPS you deal against every Enemy.

Which level of CWDT to use?
Multiply your current Life by 0,16 (10% damage from Doedre's at -60% Chaos Resistance).
Now go to The Wiki and use the CwDT level that matches this number.
This is the level of CwDT for the smaller Gems. Multiply this number by 2 to get the required level for Discharge and Immortal Call.

Gameplay Video

Twinned T15 Core
https://youtu.be/EJjcoNomxrY
1 death right at the start of the Bossfight due to lagg + unluck :(

Gear

Stack as much Life as possible, since more Life = higher level of CwDT = more Damage
If you can't get your hands on a legacy Vinktar, you either have to skill Vaal Pact or equip Atziri's Acuity.
If you don't have a legacy Doedre's Elixier, swap the Writhing Jar or the Quicksilverflask for another Doedre's.
The Writhing Jar is only used to prevent myself from suiciding, since i tend to press Doedre's more often than needed :P, so this Flask is actually not needed at all.
A Belt with +1 to Endurance Charges is not necessary - you want to have reduced Flask charges used on it though.

If you cannot afford Vinktar's, I advise you to play another CwDP build, since this one is pretty prone to reflect without Vinktar's.

Vaal Burning Arrow - Deadeye

The main idea behind this was actually to create a Bow Character with less boring visuals - it turned out pretty good in terms of clearspeed aswell though.

The AoE explosions are able to shotgun, which results in a pretty retarded singletarget damage and it also oneshots pretty much every boss up to T12 maps. The skill also leaves an explosion after hitting an enemy with the projectile, so chance to pierce is pretty important here - the more enemies you hit, the more damage you deal.

I also choose Increased Critical Strikes over Physical Projectile damage etc, because consistancy is more important here than tooltip damage - you want your VBA to oneshot bosses, and it has to crit to do so.
VBA also works pretty well in combination with Frostwall, since they count as a unit and will leave an explosion if you hit them.
Gameplay Video

Some random Bosses + a bit of mapping
https://youtu.be/_3mFYAHq6U8

Gear

Yes, thats an Amulet with legacy Critroll + legacy Maligaros - You don't need that stuff though, since the Amulet is kinda suboptimal due to missing flat Damage/WED and my Quiver + Rings/Belt are pretty bad damagewise aswell, so you are probably able to get even more damage than me even without legacy stuff.
You also don't need a Vinktar or Taste of Hate - this is a build with a pretty generic Skilltree + Equipment, so just use whatever you would use on another bow character.

Passives

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAICAABeAdwFLQW1CC4RLxGBE9oUdRmKGY4hdiPTI_Yk_SaVKgsqWysKLlMwfDH6MpQ1kjY9N9Q51DrhQzFDNkd-TP9Nkk3jTipRR1LsU7tTz1VLVvpbr13yYeJirGOnZU1l02lObIxvO2_ycFJxQ3Ttdct293fXd-N4DXn2eu99dX8CfyuEb4TZhs6J04w2jX2Nfo2_j2CQCpUFlwabjZ2qoJ-kwqZXpuCpbrEBtMW1SLXyt7a74702vqe_1cAawTPC7MSi02_TftQj1ELYvdnG2sHdRudU6mLrY-0_7YPuDu96-wn-j_66_9722hqPAAAAAA==
Pretty generic Bowtree, so nothing really special. The only difference to other crit Bow builds is point Blank + the 3 Vaal Jewels.
You also don't really need attackspeed, so we ignore Deadly Draw.
You can also save 7 points by not skilling Charisma - I only took it for Herald of Ash, because it looks pretty neat together with VBA :P
If you spent those 7 points into other damage nodes, you'll have more damage overall + 2 more gemsockets for other utility Skills.
You probably still have to path to Vaalpact though if you don't have Acuities or legacy Vinktar.

Last edited by Yalani on Oct 2, 2016, 11:34:11 AM
Last bumped on Sep 28, 2016, 11:05:06 PM
Added Cast on drinking potion.
Added Vaal Burning Arrow
pretty shure i wud use a trap. seems more effective, and less dangerous. but ure on std. so what ever.
"
DUKE_OF_SNUFF wrote:
pretty shure i wud use a trap. seems more effective, and less dangerous. but ure on std. so what ever.

Jup, Traps are probably more efficient for this - I hate Trap builds though :P
Last edited by Yalani on May 12, 2016, 2:23:41 PM
Sorry, but I don't understand the Cold to Fire in HoI. Your burning just gets started as soon as Conflux is triggered anyway, so why bother converting? Just because it is a strong damage increasing gem anyway and gets your ignite started before Conflux?

Awesome build though, I'll reroll it right now.
IGN: Scordalia_
Last edited by Caliginosus on May 13, 2016, 1:29:50 AM
"
Caliginosus wrote:
Sorry, but I don't understand the Cold to Fire in HoI. Your burning just gets started as soon as Conflux is triggered anyway, so why bother converting? Just because it is a strong damage increasing gem anyway and gets your ignite started before Conflux?

Awesome build though, I'll reroll it right now.

Purely for damage - Cold to Fire is just the best damage supportgem with a low manamultiplier for HoI. A high leveled Empower might work aswell though.
Last edited by Yalani on May 13, 2016, 5:59:11 AM
Just a quick question about your VBA build.

Always loved VBA and started a build on my own and came across yours so i nicked some tips.

Only question is how to keep 100% uptime on VBA? Even with 60% crit before power charges and AssMark and Chill of Corruption with 2 Sacrificial Harvests, I can't seem to keep 100% uptime on VBA. Any suggestions?
"

Always loved VBA and started a build on my own and came across yours so i nicked some tips.

Only question is how to keep 100% uptime on VBA? Even with 60% crit before power charges and AssMark and Chill of Corruption with 2 Sacrificial Harvests, I can't seem to keep 100% uptime on VBA. Any suggestions?

Avoid maps with bad layouts, or at least roll packsize on them. Also try to aim at the end of the screen + use an AoE Gem to maximize the reach of the skill (The AoE Gem also increases your damage by a lot, since the explosions will overlap) - Other than that, more critchance or another Sacrificial Harvest, there is unfortunately nothing else you could do. This is sadly the nature of Vaal Skills without duration.

On a really bad map with tough enemies, which usually have less monster in pack (like centaurs/golems) I am also not able to fully sustain VBA, and have to kill a few mobs with Lightning Arrow.
"
Yalani wrote:
"

Avoid maps with bad layouts, or at least roll packsize on them. Also try to aim at the end of the screen + use an AoE Gem to maximize the reach of the skill (The AoE Gem also increases your damage by a lot, since the explosions will overlap) - Other than that, more critchance or another Sacrificial Harvest, there is unfortunately nothing else you could do. This is sadly the nature of Vaal Skills without duration.

On a really bad map with tough enemies, which usually have less monster in pack (like centaurs/golems) I am also not able to fully sustain VBA, and have to kill a few mobs with Lightning Arrow.

I see. Ive only got 60% pierce chance with Drillneck so the AoE overlap might not be super amazing. Not sure if its just me but it feels like the explosions caused by pierce don't do as much damage as the explosion at the mouse cursor. Guess I'll try a third Sacrificial Harvests since I dont have Legacy Chill of Corruption.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info