2.2 Crit Shockwave Totem Assassin - 625k+ DPS - Ez Atziri/All Maps - UBER DOWN!!

"
oochie wrote:
I'm playing this build in the 2 week and I'm kind of struggling. I'm in Act 4 Cruel and I'm still using Bladefall because my shockwave totems don't do enough damage and they get 1-shot to top it off. I also feel like the build has no real defenses to speak of. Either I'm really squishy or my gear is really bad, but I'm getting 1-shot repeatedly. Any tips?

I also leveled with bladefall but switched to 4L SWT at around cruel act 3. I made sure i got Ambush and Shaman's Dominion nodes before going SWT. Because with these nodes + dual daggers, you are getting %50+ critical chance easily and you pretty much 1 shot everything after.

You can try buying a dagger like mine to cap critical chance. I bought it for 3 chaoses.

Maybe you can also try to buy a glove like facebreaker to increase critical multiplier.
Edit: Also make sure your gems are highest level possible.

Simplesim will give better answers for sure but these are what i did and didn't get any problems.
Last edited by akinunal1337 on May 8, 2016, 12:29:16 PM
"
akinunal1337 wrote:
"
oochie wrote:
I'm playing this build in the 2 week and I'm kind of struggling. I'm in Act 4 Cruel and I'm still using Bladefall because my shockwave totems don't do enough damage and they get 1-shot to top it off. I also feel like the build has no real defenses to speak of. Either I'm really squishy or my gear is really bad, but I'm getting 1-shot repeatedly. Any tips?

I also leveled with bladefall but switched to 4L SWT at around cruel act 3. I made sure i got Ambush and Shaman's Dominion nodes before going SWT. Because with these nodes + dual daggers, you are getting %50+ critical chance easily and you pretty much 1 shot everything after.

You can try buying a dagger like mine to cap critical chance. I bought it for 3 chaoses.

Maybe you can also try to buy a glove like facebreaker to increase critical multiplier.
Edit: Also make sure your gems are highest level possible.

Simplesim will give better answers for sure but these are what i did and didn't get any problems.

Actually you pretty much nailed it.

This is a build that you transition into rather than level with.

As stated in the original post, this build revolves around the ascendancy points and crit multiplier. Your totems have no survivability because they're supposed to 1 shot packs before they can land a hit.

As for your own survivability, I don't really know what you're talking about. I have 6.6k effective HP with the ES, nothing 1 shots me unless I'm rolling vulnerability + 5 different damage mods on a map and I just sit there tanking stuff. Overall tho, it IS a totem build so there is no real sustain other than your flasks and your own player movement to avoid getting hit. Once things die or freeze instantly tho, it feels a million times smoother.

"
akinunal1337 wrote:
Thank you for this great build. It is going great so far in 2 week league. Just got to merciless act 3 and pretty much one shotting white and blue packs with 10k dps with increased aoe gem. Switching increased aoe with conc. effect on bosses. They just get destroyed in seconds. And I believe it will be much better after i get Assassinate node. I only got Ambush atm.

My only problem right now is mana. How much mana/mana regen do we need to sustain SWT? Because of my 600 mana pool, i can't even run hatred + clarity. Because SWT costs around 150 mana.

I am also using dual daggers to get easy %50 critical chance for now. Do you think dual divinarius would be okay choice for more aoe and some damage later on?

Divinarius is fine for a bit, but eventually you do want to get crit multiplier on daggers/wands.

My totems cost me about 179 per cast so I try to have about twice that unreserved. Your mana nodes on tree and mana/mana regen on gear are important here.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Last edited by Simplesim45 on May 8, 2016, 4:32:28 PM
I got along using this two daggers I had in my inventory:

I'm sitting at around 25K per totem with subpar gear at level 82 and gems between lvl 18-19. I'm pretty sure that when the gems get to quality and I finish my ascendancy (Izaro one shotted me ;) ), things will start to look like explained in the opening post.
Actually, scratch that...by being careful Izaro melted easy ;)
hi there

im very curious to see your screenshots of your defensive stats - would that be possible?
"
anikma1 wrote:
hi there

im very curious to see your screenshots of your defensive stats - would that be possible?

Sure I can take a screenshot when I get home.

There really isn't much to it tho, capped resists, a little bit of chaos res from my boots, whatever armor and evasion I get from my gear which is next to none.

------------------

!!!!!In other news, uber down!!!!!

Took a few tries because I'm so used to things dying faster so I had to get in the groove of kiting properly. I gotta say tho, if you're gonna uber with this build, you might need some more totem placement speed so you don't get stuck tanking something during the split phase.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
"
Simplesim45 wrote:

If I wanted DPS, I'd be getting power charges (having to use a secondary skill to slow me down), I'd change the crit gem to faster casting, etc. There's a miriam of ways to build SWT. You can go full ele, hybrid, full phys, non crit, crit, ... I chose this because from playing with it, it does exactly what I want it to on bosses and while clearing a map; The laziest possible playstyle. Hell I even put my golem on CWDT cause I don't wanna be bothered to recast him lol.

You drop a totem, run AT the monsters because they're gonna die or freeze and move on. Pop flasks when needed. There's literally no micro management.

I have exact same philosophy for SWT... Focusing only on tooltip dps is plain wrong anyway.
IGN TylordRampage
Bump
I plan on doing one of my totem characters, but I find it annoying fire totem.

Have you changed any of the items or they remain the same? Do you think you could improve it somehow?

What level that is solid to use only the totem? And until then which option best in your opinion to get to him?
Last edited by brunopoke on May 23, 2016, 1:32:54 PM
Can you add in DPS section a screenshot of SWT DPS in town (not in ho), without any buff/flask ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info