Help with AR/EV chest

(@mods: sorry if wrong forum, couldn't figure out a better one)

this recently dropped in PHC, and as I took a quick look at it I thought " nice,not the best base but it has T1 flat armor, T1 flat ES, T2 (old T1) Str ... and the worst possible %AR/ES roll D-:"

Is it possible - and worth - to do something? I was thinking about crafting some res and maybe yolo exalt, is there another way? The mod "prefixes cannot be changed" wouldn't help 'cause the hybrid roll is a prefix too, right?

Thx for your help, GL exiles!
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Last bumped on May 4, 2016, 2:28:38 AM
nah its vendor food, theres simply no coming back from the base item and the non existent % roll sadly mate.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
nah its vendor food, theres simply no coming back from the base item and the non existent % roll sadly mate.

Well it's not going to the vendor, I'm sure it'll come in handy eventually for a future build...
Maybe won't use an exalt on it, but I'll def use it (and craft some res on it I guess).
PoE 2013-2018
this is vendor food. the issue is not the base (top base gives just some more armor that while noticeable does not matter that much. ES difference between Saintly and this is very small. this actually is a good thing as it makes gearing a bit easier when you can consider top 5 bases instead of only one. this ofc applies to 'reasonable' gear range, not min-max for nolifers with unlimited funds)

issue is lack of life and horrid % roll. you can get unique AR/ES chest with guaranteed rolls for 1 c instead. or buy a solid AR/ES hybrid with rolls you need for 10c

"
sidtherat wrote:

issue is lack of life and horrid % roll.
I know :-( even though Str does provide some life, but the % roll sucks hard...
"
sidtherat wrote:
you can get unique AR/ES chest with guaranteed rolls for 1 c instead.
which one? Can't remember any with the equivalent amount of AR/ES atm...

EDIT: you mean Incandescent Heart? But that "25% of ele dmg taken as chaos dmg" is not too appealing...
PoE 2013-2018
Last edited by Wazz72 on May 3, 2016, 11:16:37 AM
geofris sanctuary or kingsguard

both have life and ar/es values comparable to your chest.

try to ignore tgese t1 rolls. it is the item as a whole that matter and your ches piece is junk without any potential.

with life, Ive vendored a number of these unique chests already. Actually theyre quite nice, certainly usable, but easy surpassed. Life is optional, u dont need life on an ar/es, but if you dont have it its ci, and u need proper es for ci.

Theres 3 mod combos that rly make sense on a hybrid armour like this, and they all require 3 strong prefixes

80+ life with 1200+ armour

400+ es with 1200+ armour

80+ life with 400+ armour with 400+ es

that chest is the mod combo for 400+es with 1200+ armour, yet it has neither of these things. Suffixes dont matter, youve got your chest, hat and shield to get the vast majority of your armour + es, you cant skimp on these things even if it means you dont have a single good suffix on any of those slots. You can get resist and core stats on white jewellery.

Im not talking about insane standard billionaire gears, if you have an exalted orb and you are willing to part with it you can get a chest with those stats, easy, you can probably get one for single digit chaos on a good day. A single stat blue saintly chainmail that has t1% would have 246 es and 720 armour, thats almost as much as your chest with 1 single stat.

If I search for 1200 armour + 400 es in perandus first result is a chain hauberk like yours...

+13 to Strength
+377 to Armour
102% increased Armour and Energy Shield
+133 to maximum Energy Shield
+25% to Fire Resistance
+31% to Cold Resistance

1281 total armour, 426 total energy shield, its listed for 2 chaos and theres a good chance it will stay in his stash, get transfered to standard and some day he will eventually vendor it. In hardcore its a bit more pricey, they start at 12 chaos but I feel like thats because its the dead end of the league and hardcore always dies that extra bit when it comes to gear for sale.

It was close, the sort of item I would have let out an audible sigh upon seeing then linked in guild chat for pity, but whats missing is essential and cannot be added. My guild leader found this in perandus, this is worth exalting and linking I feel

the difference is 1 prefix + 1 higher base tier, and its all the difference in the world unfortunately mate when it comes to chest armours. Theres a chest almost identical to this listed in hc perandus for 40 chaos.
Thx for your reply and your time.
I've checked poe.trade too, and for an ex or less I can get better chest than mine, so def won't use one on it... Still, looking at my hc stash it's the best AR/ES I have so far (I do not trade much if at all) so it'll stay.

Cya
PoE 2013-2018

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info