Finish this build:

The only absolute things that are a must as main attack are:

GEMS

-Dominating blow
-Cast on melee kill
-Animate weapon

I started one char already, going for guardian templar.
Not really going to be able to afford a 6L shavs to go low life with max auras,
but I'll just see how far I get with other gear.
As final support I go for:

-Splash
-Multistrike, and if I get a 6L somehow testing between minion speed/dmg/duration/ipd.

TREE

Defence, life, res, some minion dmg and effect duration nodes.
Early 2h easier to link,
later maybe switching over to a shield.

My other choice is a Ci necromancer with mistress of sacrifice, nice speed/block buffs.

The only real question I have regarding this build is, would AW be just overkill?
Would it be better to just drop AW and go for speed/dmg/res/life instead?
"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
Last bumped on May 2, 2016, 11:57:01 AM
Maybe ditch splash for culling strike to get more kills, and let animated weapons/mobs do most of the work. It would be good idea to 4-link (or more if 2h) a single target.

Or instead get raging spirits... shit you kind of need 6link of some sort, if not hc go for tabula for sure.

Also would be good idea to get high reach weapon and fortify on movement skill since you will be using that a lot.

Fun idea, keep us posted
splash is the most important support..

similar setups require 6L in my opinion, because you would otherwise be left with 2 damage supports only. I would try to find supports that all the entities benefit from: you, dominated minions and AWs. Id go with splash, multistrike and mpd/fa (in case you have both duration clusters, otherwise Id consider ID). I think you should take both duration clusters and use third damage support, otherwise your melee damage would be too low

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on May 1, 2016, 11:07:50 AM
This build (imo) has to deliver as many killing strikes as possible, not get as most dmg as possible, i dont think splash will do that better than culling strike... unless you get cull from a weapon.

I can see how splash works with animated weapons, however, but in this case i think quantity>quality

For new instance you can summon some weapons/minions manually or use whriting jar but that you should figure out yourself since you can try things.

Take things i say with some distance, I never played a summoner.
splash is crucial for your damage and damage of your whole army. against packs it equals hundreds of %more damage

other than that, you are not the only one to deal damage, and you have to apply dom blow debuff on as many enemies as possible to build up your army. doing in one by one would be terrible

culling strike on a weapon would be nice sure. not sure if it would be good to give cull to AWs, they would steal your kills. Also would be interesting to see if the dominated minions can trigger AWs on kill
Sorry i misunderstood how dominating blow works, since it doesnt require you to kill then no, culling is not optional support. Sorry for causing meaningless confusion.

Then again raging spirits may work better than multistrike in this case with enough attack speed, and would still allow inc duration for 6 link.
Reasoning behind swaping multistrike is that with splash you (optimally) hit whole, or most of the pack, and with inc dutarion gem and from tree you get more time to land another hit to ensure getting "domination" (hatever "Shorlty" means an if it can scale whatsoever) and adding alternative damage source would mitigate dmg loss.

May be worth checking, and would feel smoother if you could ditch multistrike.

Gave up on the AW + COMK, not effective enough.
Low dmg, low chance of weapons even dropping, usually have 30+ minions up, and only 3-5 weapons which won't get fast enough to targets before I already convert them.

Sounded fun but sucks.
Fortify + faster attacks feels ten times better and more efficient.
Hatred + warlord blasphemy, nice dmg, covers all mana costs, no problems.

I think AW needs a to remove the time limit and add a quantity that grows per lvl, since you can't really use it properly other than self casting, and the whole rushed playstyle of that build currently feels so bad. Maybe lvl/weapon quantity 1=1, 2=2, 3=2... 18=9, 19=9, 20=10, and no life time limit.
"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
"
Quantume wrote:

Gave up on the AW + COMK, not effective enough.
Low dmg, low chance of weapons even dropping, usually have 30+ minions up, and only 3-5 weapons which won't get fast enough to targets before I already convert them.

when playing my last (and only) AW build, item quantity mods helped me with that. Also, item rarity is actually negative stat you want to avoid. Which is kinda bad

agreed that AW would need some love. item filters helped it sure.. Something I suggested long time ago was allowing us to animate white and (unid) magic weapons without the need of targeting them, just like summoning zombies
Last edited by Ludvator on May 2, 2016, 11:14:15 AM
dont like dom build, but you can do Movespeed Cyclone CoC SRS/animated weapons with the poormans coc weapon

i found one, starting the build some time in near future, going juggernaut for slow immunity+accuracy.

Cyclone - CastOnCrit - SRS - Animated weapon/Faster Attacks(for boss) - Melee Physical Dmg - MinionDamage
Last edited by SIQI on May 2, 2016, 11:57:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info