Should WED gem be changed to AED

Weapon Elemental Damage to Attack Elemental Damage?

I am asking because half the unarmed attack skills have a 50% phys to elemental conversion and we all know that WED is a terrific support gem for such skills. Why does it require a weapon?

Here are the skills that would benefit from the change :

Elemental Hit
Ice Crash inventory
Infernal Blow

Also i wish there was much more skills usable while unarmed... Obvious one would be earthquake but it could be too strong considering the synergy with slow unarmed speed. Other ones that comes to mind is Ground slam and Heavy strike. Both have stun threshold mechanics that would make sense while fighting unarmed right? I mean the whole point of boxing is to stun/knock down (knock back) your opponent?

I don't think those two would be overpowered but it would give more choice for us unarmed lovers out there.

Last bumped on May 1, 2016, 3:31:06 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
+1
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
+1 to this, definitely a good suggestion.
Long overdue is an understatement.
um. Elemental Focus.

Furthermore, the two options for unarmed don't really need WED, their damage is roughly balanced around not needing them.

Even prior to Ele Focus being added to offer (amongst many other things) WED-like utility to unarmed skills (which btw is better for IB than WED), facebreaker has been one of the cheapest, easiest ways to get a potent lategame melee built up.

And Doryani's Fist? Well, as a user myself, I can tell you from personal experience that it doesn't need WED, and that its damage is balanced around NOT having access to it... it has upwards of 700+ base elemental dps (720 max iirc, even a 710 roll costs like 1c); a well-rolled Hyaon's *with* WED doesn't have the ele dps of a decent Dory's Fist *without* it (seriously, a Hyaon's base dps + lvl 21 WED is ~672 dps, and you won't find a better ele dps weapon than Hyaon's in a temp league without spending a small fortune). With that base damage, using Dory's is like having a better-than-free WED gem linked into every attack. Even a top-rolled Oro's barely outdoes Dory's, and Oro's also precludes the use of a shield, in addition to making you take increased damage.

It was actually quite sexy back before 2.2, but now with Ele Focus being added in (and Ele Overload, if you can manage not going RT and proccing crits with something), it's pretty amazing with the right setup.

So, I know it won't make me popular, but... -1 to the idea. It'd just result in the unarmed duo getting nerfed some other way to balance things out, while obliging users to spend an extra link to get the same power they already have.
Last edited by Shppy on May 1, 2016, 12:38:13 AM
1. Summon Raging Spirit would need a complete rebalance

2. ItsYoji's build guides would be nerfed considerably
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
EAD
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
it doesnt need that. FB/DF builds are already pretty strong and one more 'more' multiplier will just make them broken

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info