Can't run game after power failure

I was mid-game when the power went out for a minute. Restarted the computer twice. Try to open POE and the launch screen flashed briefly, then closes and I get a small error box. All the box says "Error opening file: ". Suggestions on what to do. (limited computer skill set).
Last bumped on Apr 30, 2016, 4:02:23 PM
Is there any more information with that error, like perhaps WHICH file it is having difficulty opening?

Do you use the Steam client or the Stand-alone client?

If Steam, try verifying the cache/installation for Path of Exile.

If Stand-alone, try right-clicking the PackCheck.exe file in the Path of Exile folder and selecting "Run as Administrator". Report back if this reports any issues. If it reports issues, you might need to Restore a backup of the Content.ggpk file, or delete it and re-download it.
"Exception Error opening file: OK" that's it. Doesn't say what file.

Running stand alone. Tried the PackCheck.exe file in Admin mode. What was that supposed to do? The screen flickered for 1/2 a nanosecond and nothing. Tried opening the game again and no different.

Where would I find the Content.ggpk file to download it?
Locate the Content.ggpk file in the Path of Exile folder and then rename it to something else (or delete it).

Right-click the PathOfExile.exe and click "Run as Administrator" and the patcher will launch and re-download the file for you (might take a while).

Alternatively, if you're on Win7+ and have System Restore enabled, you can right-click the Content.ggpk file and there might be a "Restore previous version" option, or it might be in the Properties if you right-click and select "Properties" and look at the tabs in there.

If there is no backup however, then likely the only solution is to delete/rename it and download it again through the launcher.
Renaming the file seems to be working. I tried the System restore option, but there were no files listed. I must not have the OS system restore settings enabled. I will have to figure that out another time. Thank you for the assistance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info