Huge bug with monsters being untargetable and invisible yet damaging you

These double precinct bosses appeared to be bugged where their models were just standing there frozen and not attacking, but in reality they were both damaging me even though I couldn't see either of them. I killed the two real (invisible) bosses by placing blind traps where I thought they were until they died.

Happens extremely often.

image 1

I killed them a few screens away, and where they died they (obviously) left no corpse. Here is an image of the loot pile where they died:

image 2

image 3

ign: flumie
/357218 -- Store
/1195032 -- <ZZZ> Sleepless Guild Thread -- 90+ AUS players in STD recruiting!
Last edited by flume04 on Apr 30, 2016, 10:29:48 AM
Last bumped on May 3, 2016, 12:16:51 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I was wondering when someone would report an invisible boss here :P Took a long time.

I wrote a lengthy wall of text on this subject in another bug report topic... I've also mentioned that invisible bosses are BAD like months ago, when this first started happening. No one just seemed to take me seriously.

Whatever enabled this bug was added with the 2.0 patch. And to this day it still remains unfixed. The weird thing is that GGG fixed Dominus' T-pose bug in some patch (I remember reading some random patch note about it long ago), so unless his T-pose was somehow different from regular mobs/bosses (an actual freeze instead of becoming invisible), GGG should be very well aware of this happening.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
Last edited by mynameisonlyforthegods on Apr 30, 2016, 10:39:01 AM
"
I was wondering when someone would report an invisible boss here :P Took a long time.

I wrote a lengthy wall of text on this subject in another bug report topic... I've also mentioned that invisible bosses are BAD like months ago, when this first started happening. No one just seemed to take me seriously.

Whatever enabled this bug was added with the 2.0 patch. And to this day it still remains unfixed. The weird thing is that GGG fixed Dominus' T-pose bug in some patch (I remember reading some random patch note about it long ago), so unless his T-pose was somehow different from regular mobs/bosses (an actual freeze instead of becoming invisible), GGG should be very well aware of this happening.

Yeah I've been experiencing this bug (frequent minor cases) for months now, but when this happened with bosses that nearly 1 shot me without me being able to see anything on my screen at all, I felt I just had to speak up.

I would be EXTREMELY surprised if a bug as huge as this that has been around for so long is still unbeknownst to GGG.
/357218 -- Store
Last edited by flume04 on Apr 30, 2016, 10:46:33 AM
I've actually been hoping that some well-known streamer would die to an invisible boss... Maybe then this problem would be addressed properly ^^
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
Screenshot from the very next map

image 4
/357218 -- Store
"
I've actually been hoping that some well-known streamer would die to an invisible boss... Maybe then this problem would be addressed properly ^^

I am saddened to say that I completely agree with you. If Kripp died to this bug in front of 8k viewers, the bug would be hotfixed within 48 hours.
/357218 -- Store
bump
/357218 -- Store
bump
/357218 -- Store
and anotha one
/357218 -- Store
and anotha one
/357218 -- Store

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info