Give some love to Claw and Dual-wield please

Firstly sorry for my bad English and my unfocused writing style.

As title said... I mean, yeah some people already rant, rambling this matter.
But, what I saw was a lag of skill to use with dual-wielding...

Now we only got 2 of them (as far as I know) Dual Strike and Cleave.

And what's the most badass Weapon to go dual wield???

A f*cking Claw! \m/

Isn't it weird to have a claw in one hand and shield on the off-handed because that better?

Let's look of ascendancy class's artwork. A Trickster wasn't use them with shield.(But that wasn't dual claw either, haha)

Why I'm so obsess with claw?
Spoiler
I'm a big fan of claw in most of the game I've played. (If they're available)
but I always failed to create a build for dual-wield claw in poe. (Maybe I'm just that bad)

On RPG game I more likely to create a character in Role-play manner. (not the most efficient character in that game, but be the one I've feel immersive with it)

Which I can't on poe... sometime I can't finish Cruel with that play style.

So, in the end I've end up with a character that both efficient enough to mapping and in the way I want.

Most of the time, yes I can done that. Lets say 5 out of 10.
But when they come with a claw. It's always "no"

My problem with claw in poe.
Spoiler
- While Claw have a really good implicit on them.
They're bad to go with element-damage attack-skill or even a roll on them, since claw can leech only on phys damage.
That made even harder to get a good enough weapon.
That made me thought of a build like Facebeaker+Abyssus+Meginord's Girdle. which you need some fixed item to be a build enabler... but now with a wide-range of rare RNG system, not with an unique item roll

- While some have on hit life, mana gain effect implicit, that's seem to fall apart in end-game content. I know that molten strike really good for on-hit effect, but that wasn't the Dual-wield way. (be honest, I don't know if it worked or not, I doesn't have any claw character that can made that far)

- While Cleave can only use with dual-wield swords or axes.
There is no skill that can use with dual-wield a claws without "Melee Splash"
Which pretty much a meh to clear a mob.

Of course I can southpaw Reave or other skill, but that not a dual-wielding skill, they just end up used one weapon or alternated a one-handed skill and not dps wise.

So, please GGG, add some skill that work like cleave, that build for other weapon too.

Sincere.

ps. On the other way, how dual-wield work in the middle between two-handed and one-handed with shield I was satisfied with them, I feel they don't need to fix or anything. :)
Last bumped on May 1, 2016, 4:15:11 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
All they need to do is make the leech/LGOH/MGOH from it global instead of local to the weapon, problem solved.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
global leech would turn them into stat sticks..
^global would be overkill, however "attack leech" would not.

And would probably provoke split element builds to utilize them.

Not sure if that's all that claws need to get though, they have been underwhelming for a very long time simply because they lack identity.

And the one interesting claw node being dependent on enemy mob attributes is "weak" to say the least.
(steal charge x% "if" mob has charge = ok, but no)

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
^global would be overkill, however "attack leech" would not.

And would probably provoke split element builds to utilize them.

Not sure if that's all that claws need to get though, they have been underwhelming for a very long time simply because they lack identity.

And the one interesting claw node being dependent on enemy mob attributes is "weak" to say the least.
(steal charge x% "if" mob has charge = ok, but no)

Peace,

-Boem-
Thats why i said global, make them super strong for a bit to compensate, then nerf down the global amount.

I dont think theyd be used as stat sticks because the current stat stick options are just god tier, global leech is nice but its global leech vs something like Deaths Hand, Relentless Fury, Soul Taker. Those arent easy to beat for what they can give.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Apr 30, 2016, 11:17:52 AM
^Sid is talking about spells i think.

Which global leach would apply to and would shift the balance given the current low value attainable for them.

If you make it "attack leach" specific, then all elements/physical apply, but spells do not count. Which would be a "buff" compared to now, but not push spells to sudden 6% leech rates.

Above all else, claws need an identity, which they currently lack.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Global leech won't be so bad, since claws does not have mods that benefits spells (+% spell dmg, +elemental dmg to spells, inc spell casting speed etc.), so I think it's not a bad idea.

But most importantly, we need some GG unique claws, daggers got Bino, Bow's got Voltaxic, what does claws have? Essentia Sanguis? does anyone even use it?
Last edited by lugaluga on Apr 30, 2016, 11:13:31 PM
IMO, global leech or even be an attack global leech would made claw be only a poor-man offhanded choice. (same as Sid said)
Since every other weapon were better in term of damage.
Other god-tier offhand choice would be pricey for a new build, self-found or be a league starter.

And that not going to help dual-wield a claw. (or dagger)
Except we get a claw-exclusive skill (Which I think its not going to happen)

Anyway, I understand Tin_foil and Luga's point.
For me leech was something made claw different from other weapon, if made them global that also made them stronger, may get some more interest to use them... as an offhand choice.

Spoiler
A bit off discuss here,but if thinking about dual-wield dagger,scepter and Cybil's paw on spammy spell build.
That made Cybil's a good offhand for survivability. (but Cybil was a good choice for high block shield too)

On GG unique Claw perspective. I feel they too much conflicting modifier, or "no one care" roll.
That made unique claw lag of end game.

But if look at "unique modifier".
Again, most of them are going to be a good offhander like

Spoiler
- (10 to 20)% of Physical Damage Converted to Chaos Damage + Poisonous Hit (Mortem Morsu)
- Hits can't be Evaded (Ornament of the East)
- Life Leech from Hits with this Weapon applies instantly(Bloodseeker)

I'm agree with lugaluga on this matter.
If they made some GG claw. Atleast thats fix some RNG problem on finding a good rare claw

-----------

But local attack leech. Yeah, that might work well. Since now claw can go with ele skill too. So I'm totally agree with Boem idea.

On "Claw of magpie" stealing charge thingy.
I've try some and that was fun... when mobs got a charge but I feel there not enough mobs that can generate charge.

When looked back, I remember I can steal only frenzy, rarely got power charge, none end charge.
And claw can only steal 3 type of them.

I've read on reddit sometime ago, that claw should able to steal all charge that mod can gen.
Increase chance to steal charge.
Chance to steal random charge without mobs to gen it first.
Or over cap a charge limited in some period of time.

Anyway, Thanks for all of you to share your idea and discussion with me.
I still hope GGG still listen to player and make a move.

Sincere

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info