What Am I Doing Wrong WRT Helmet Enchantments For Challenge

I've run the lab 100's of times, I absolutely CANNOT get the aura or trap enchants for the stupid challenge.
Is there some trick to it? Like try on Mondays? Or try a certain helm? I don't even care about the stupid roll, I just want the challenge.
Tantalo was another stupid challenge, found him like a week ago. I play a lot, mind you.

Takes me like 15min to clear lab with my toons, i try a few times each day then get pissed off and go do some maps or some shit.

Last bumped on Apr 30, 2016, 6:54:57 AM
As far as we know, there's no trick, no weighting, no nothing. Pure, sweet, unadulterated RNG. :(
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
gah, ok, thanks for confirming

man this stinks. I almost prefer the stupid ID-this-unique challenges.
At least from the time I've been playing this league I've been able to afford a shavs, shavs ring, pariah, steppan eard, void battery, 2X ylfebans, taming, 6link quill rain, CoE, kaoms heart, shadows and dust, valako's sign, the harvest, heretic's veil, just to name a few things...but no stupid helmet challenges. Seems really unfair that I'm not 40/40 when some people got this a few days into league. The challenges have nothing to do with game knowledge, just shit on with shit RNG :(
Assuming no weights on the enchantments, 100 runs should overall give you a very good chance to complete the helmet enchantments.

The rarest of the 6 categories (aura and trap, both 13 enchantments as I could count) have an average of 3.68 returns in 100 runs, statistically that should be around about 1.8-5.5 with 95% probability (if memory serves me right). With the rest being significantly easier to get, it seems fair to assume that it's very likely to get them all within 100 attempts.

To the challenge not requiring any game knowledge, I disagree, you can technically copy a working build and spam a single key all the way to at least mid tier maps without have any in depth knowledge of game mechanics, just follow some basic guidelines you find somewhere and it will carry you far enough so that you can pay your way through all the massively rng gated drop challenges and high tier gated challenges within the three months.
To compare in the labyrinth you actually have to be able to do it yourself, Izaro becomes a non issue if you have enough damage and/or survivability as he is not scaling with you.
How you handle the traps depend highly on your timing and/or how well your build and setup is suited, as of now it heavily favours passive sustain characters and punish you for having high combined life pool with no passive sustain. Besides that, there are huge individual differences between how easy you find it to get smoothly through a trap gauntlet.

Claiming that there's no game prowess involved in farming the labyrinth is just being ignorant. (Not saying you have to be great at the game to do lab to a satisfactory level, nor claiming that I myself is a particularly skilled gamer).

As with everything else in the game you can be very lucky or unlucky, that's just how it is. This particular challenge is not different in that aspect.
Last edited by q7bee on Apr 30, 2016, 6:56:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info