PewPewPews Cheap Blocking Blade Vortex Guide

Quick guide for a guildy, if there is a lot of interest, I'll expand it to a proper guide as you're used from me :)

----

Gems(in order of importance):

- Blade Vortex / Spell Echo / Controlled destruction / Increased Area of Effect / Increased Duration / Added Fire damage(Faster Casting is nice for leveling)(4 link is good enough to clear rare tier 10 maps with ease)
- Aura's: Haste / Hatred / level 1 Clarity
- Cast when Damage Taken(max level): Bone offering / Summon Chaos Golem / Immortal Call
- lvl 1 Cast when Damage Taken(In empire's Grasp!): lvl 8 firestorm(or lower) / Level 4 Ball Lightning(Or lower) / Greater Multiple Projectiles(max level)
- level 1 Cast when Damage Taken: level 7 desecrate
- Whirling Blades + Faster attacks + Fortify
- Flame dash(if higher than the 38 level requirement, can be linked with the lvl 7 desecreate setup)

Tree:

Final

- Grab Blast Radius and Cruel Preparation First
- Head down to Potency of Will and Shaper
- Head to the Templar side for Retribution/Amplify and Discipline and Training
- Head down to Exceptional Performance
- Head to the Shadow side for Written in Blood and Force Shaper
- Head to the Templar side for Sovereignty and Purity of Flesh
- Grab the left over points in the shadow tree
- Grab the big life nodes you've skipped
- Grab the last few nodes

Core gear(Prices are as they are in the SC Perandus League):

2x Cybil's Paw (One alch each)
1x Empire's Grasp (1 - 3 chaos)
Rest should be rares, focused on life and resistances

Important for end game maps(T11+)
1x Rumi's Concoction(~12 chaos)

Enchants(not necessary):
Head: Blade vortex related or Bone Offering offers more block
Gloves: Whatever you like
Boots: Leech after kill

Upgrade gear:
6 linked Carcass Jack
Double Corruped Cybil's Paw with (3 to 6)% additional Chance to Block while Dual Wielding
Rainbow Strides

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKr_xla5EGU

njoy!
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Last bumped on May 27, 2016, 9:09:24 AM
Seems quite funny !

Price of cybil's paw is going to skyrocket now (or not).

How good is it at melting low-end PC ? I'm playing your firestorm build with a friend right now, but had to switch to flameblast due to his PC not liking it at all.
It should be much better, since it does not have too many graphical effects. Don't use it with extra gore though, it will massively lag him if you do.
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
How much block can the build achieve? Also, I'd like to see a full guide.
Once you trigger Bone offering(with rainbow strides):
Without Rumi's
With Rumi's

Also, this is with two normal Cybil Paw's. If you get the right corruption, it could get up to 75/75(or close to anyways). You could also use the Anvil to hit that 78 block cap, but I dislike the movement and cast speed debuff, so I personally wouldn't recommend it.
I am a nice guy.
Last edited by Appels_Zijn_Gezond on Apr 30, 2016, 4:08:07 AM
Is the level 1 clarity worth it ? (I guess it's just for the 2% cast speed from ascendancy)

How does the spell damage buff works on cybil ? Is it just attack block or attack + spell or best of attack / spell ?
HArDCORE viable?
as
Might be depending on your stuff : 203% life (not a lot of strength thought, so life on gear dependant), ok block, not a lot of uniques so you have the possibility to stack defensive stuff. But you'll only have 50~% block until you get a rumi's.

You can also switch hatred to a more defensive aura (you lose 25ish% dps but gain a grace, an enfeeble or whatever).

I'll try to level-up this from a tabula until I can find better.
how do you sustain the mana cost? only via leech after kill from the lab enchant?

lvling this in garena atm and i can only sustain the mana cost while i have my vaal clarity up, which is kinda ok, because it lasts like 20 seconds without inc duration. do mana on hit jewels work? dont have one so i cant test atm :/
The lvl 1 clarity is totally worth it. I still haven't used all my slots yet, so you can get that aura for the quick cast speed boost!

I say this is pretty Hardcore viable. The only thing that can kill this build are big hits. And I mean really big hits. Run Arctic Armour to reduce some of the bigger hits, or get a lightning coil + ToH. Just get that Rumi's asap. The sooner the better. For me it's my panic flask, and it works like a charm. Plus the boost in damage helps ;P

Endgame, yes. You sustain mana by the leech enchant. But before endgame, I just sustained everything with mana flasks and clarity(I leveled one as I played, got the level 1 clarity one later on in the game).

I'll probably slowly transform this scetch into a proper build. Doing things one by one. Anything you guys would like to see expanded first? Maybe more about the skills themselves? The Tree? Gear?
I am a nice guy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info