I feel like D3 ROS is actually now better than POE

Poe is indeed only for the unemployed and students. There should be a server for working adults only, where droprates and crafting chances are much, much more sensible.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
Well, problem is if you want really play a game without a minimum of effort.

I'm really a newbie. Started play again at this game this April.
I have something as 1-2 hours for to play in a day. This is my anti-stress game, i don't need to win something, or to be the best on a ladder.

I've taken a build, a ranger, tried to follow it pedissequally, pushed it to level 64, bored and frustrated.
Taken another build, more satisfying, with duelist and earthquake. Moving up a new character is very faster the second time you try, obviusly. Also, you have some gadgets you found in the previous "life" that would be useful leveling. At some points, I've decided to don't follow the guide, and changed lot of nodes: follow a different idea. I'm 74 now, and i'm enjoying playing. Well, probably my character will not survive at bigger maps. I'm now trying different strategies, because the standard ones don't fit well with my changes. I die often.

Point is: game is fun because it opens at lot of different ideas. You can play harder, or tanky. You can follow a cheap build and obtain something fun to play and well, perhaps you will not be able to do Always, but you don't need unique items. You don't need to acquire quickly your best set, you cannot acquire quickly your best set. Well it is an end-game goal, so it is right you cannot do quickly, or the game effectively ends quickly..

"
Hyskoa wrote:
Poe is indeed only for the unemployed and students. There should be a server for working adults only, where droprates and crafting chances are much, much more sensible.

I have a full time, 8 hour job. Your argument is invalid. With enough knowledge about the game, you can get all you want, without spending too much time.

Heck, I spent a lot of time getting my 40/40 - played a lot of hours in those months of Perandus League. There is still quite some time before league ends. Also, not everyone NEED to have 40/40, too.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
TriniGamer wrote:
I reached level 32 and still does not have the slightest clue whats going on in this game.
I don't know whats going on because everything is overwhelming.

If I try to create my own build I can't reset my character unless there is some kind of major patch to this game. So i am forced to follow a guide someone else has except I could never find those items and actually obtain those builds.

I feel like POE is for people who don't have a job maybe kids who come home from school and have all the time in the world.

In D3 I could actually understand the game understand whats going on in a reasonable amount of time. The effort needed in POE is not what you call anything normal for an adult, the effort to understand whats happening in POE or understand the posts for these builds on this forum is on the level of master basement dweller.

Maybe its time I went back to D3 and stop fooling myself thinking that POE is better and that I can play it or have builds like what i see in videos here.

How bad could D3 be anyways? I hear the end game is better than POE.

What? I work full-time (read PoE-info/forums during lunchbreak), have gf, play other stuff and still figured out how to reach lvl 32 in 3-4 hours after a bit of having fun with different chars.
Never looked into the build-forum too, much more fun to figure out stuff on your own.
And i'm only playing hardcore, ripped some chars (all deleted except one if you look at my profile) but except first try of Malformation Piety it was just because i was acting lazy/stupid/hasty.

In D3 we actually got to endgame without the need to understand what's going on...
if you enjoy that more go play it, glhf.

"
TriniGamer wrote:
"
Necromael wrote:
I guess you didn't put much effort into anything in life. If you like being served play d3 and have fun. Poe is not for you if you can't break these walls.

Good point been playing POE for 3 years now and have yet to even understand what the heck is going on.

Maybe in another life I might figure it out.

Any hints what you have problems with in normal difficulty?
Just saying i don't understand anything doesn't really help anyone and really seems pretty pointless.
Last edited by Antaiseito on Apr 29, 2016, 6:42:42 AM
If you don't learn from your mistakes, don't expect PoE to be a game you will enjoy.

You will make mistakes

You will fail

And unless you have the aptitude to get back up and go again, its not going to be much fun.

On the other hand, getting back up and not making the same mistakes again can be quite rewarding.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
You certainly don't play PoE, so you may as well go not play D3 instead.
You have been playing for 3 years and you didn't get past lvl 32? Is hard to believe... What's your accumulated /played ? 12h?

Have you thought that maybe, just maybe, the problem is on your end? A lot of people seem to be doing fine.

In this league I've averaged 2h a day (hardly 'no-lifing') of /played (including some idling and afk'ing), and got almost lvl 95 and are on lvl 92 on other character. And the people who plays "competitively" or "try hard" does much better. This is relevant because I've been playing slightly longer than you (how long has been CB now? 4 years?), so my experience differs a lot from yours.

You are not even trying, if this is the case, sure PoE is not the game and D3 may be better for you.

This may be a troll thread, in that case, I give it a 6/10
Low effort troll thread sparks somewhat genuine discussion... interdasting.

(yes this is technically spam)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
D3??

no, i already have played that for 2 weeks in this year..

Instead i just installed Unreal with the latest high-res patches and i'm having a blast :D
d:-D*
Mindless labyrinth farming aside, the only real problem I have with POE is the server lag issues I experienced. Right now I am having 2000ms spikes and the game is unplayable and I am forced to logged out. Nothing wrong with the connection on my end.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info