Trials are great.

It's interesting for the first time. But I sure dislike having to repeat a tutorial 3x6 times for each and every new toon I create.
Last edited by dyneol on Apr 28, 2016, 11:06:44 PM
NeroNoah wrote
"
Why not give better hints to where to go, as in many places while levelling?

Yeah its a valid suggestion i think ultimately i prefer the unlock for all difficulties after doing once suggestion that was posted a few days ago.
"
Fhark wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:
Why not give better hints to where to go, as in many places while levelling?

Yeah its a valid suggestion i think ultimately i prefer the unlock for all difficulties after doing once suggestion that was posted a few days ago.

It pretty much comes to how much tutorial like the trials will remain. If it doesn't change, I guess it makes sense to allow to skip tutorials, else, I'd rather make it easy to get to them. We'll see.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Yeah I like them, it's nice that the layout gets gradually more complex over the three difficulties, though I don't recall feeling much of an increase in their challenge between Normal and Cruel. Nonetheless, there's good potential for extension of that in a similar manner to, say, Master missions (ie. deeper than just 3 difficulty levels) - where in the game, I don't know.

I mean sure, I can understand not wanting to do them again over and over, but only in the same way I can understand not wanting to do any level over and over. I'd like it changed, but that's not a concern specific to the trials.

And yeah, they are tutorials, but in many ways every level that isn't the absolute hardest level in the game is a tutorial for the next, harder, challenge. You're always learning about what your character can handle and how best to approach things.
Look at them as quest areas to unlock the labyrinth instead of a tutorial to traps and suddenly the trials have a purpose.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
"
Char1983 wrote:
Well if you played Cruel, Merciless is pretty redundant as well. If you've played a Gorge, another Gorge is pretty redundant as well.

at lvl 80+ whn you run gorge all you do after level up is taking % that bump up tour defence or DPS, most of the time gameplay don't change.

When you play story mode often after lvl up you take node that change game style. You get new gem to use that can change entirely how build work:
- LMP
- blasphemy
- increased area of effect
- multistrike
- slower projectile
- cast on crit

When you complete lab your build change in big way:
- you get consecrated ground on kill
- your totems get cant be killed by fire dmg
- monster blow up on kill if they bleed
- your skills get can chain
- you cn use movement skill skills without mana
- skills that affected minions now can effect you

The bad thing about maps and story is repeating map layout. They are different but only in some way. One of best map is Ship graveyard that is much more random. But Again, people who don't like diversity and want corridor without anything interesting that can run past while killing mobs without even thinking about anything complain that Ship Graveyard is too random.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
kamil1210 wrote:
Why people don't like them and want to just rush to maps and do the same maps over and over for hours and hours?

Same reason why people want to level in endless ledge.

Same reason why people want to run Gorge and Plateau all day.

It's more efficient.

Cause, you know, fun is defined by numbers (XP/hour, currency/hour).

EDIT: Also the reason why people hate reflect, bearers, temp chains, and a variety of other things.

At first, I hated the Trials. The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that they actually add to the game. Lvling up takes very little time, when compared to mapping and getting end-game gear, so making it a little longer won't hurt, at all.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
kamil1210 wrote:
The bad thing about maps and story is repeating map layout. They are different but only in some way. One of best map is Ship graveyard that is much more random. But Again, people who don't like diversity and want corridor without anything interesting that can run past while killing mobs without even thinking about anything complain that Ship Graveyard is too random.

The quest for efficiency is stupid sometimes.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
Mythabril wrote:
Xenophobia. It's different. Different is bad. Different needs to go away.

+1 hahahaha
R.I.P 4.B.
"
Perq wrote:
making it a little longer won't hurt, at all.

Can also make it longer by artificially increasing loading times. Would have exactly the same effect from an entertainment point of view (which I thought is why we play games).
Last edited by dyneol on Apr 29, 2016, 11:29:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info