Maximum amount of mana in 2.2?

Just wondering if anyone has any clue what the maximum amount of mana you can obtain in path right now is? Reason im asking is I was thinking about some type of MoM Guardian thing build. Like if you put all your gear / tree into obtaining max mana.

Realize now that mom doesn't work with ES. Tested it a little but I don't have a pledge in standard was able to get about 5k mana was hoping I could get a bit more then that but traveling around the tree to mana nodes is pretty expensive point wise. I don't think I would use a pledge with the build I was thinking about anyway think I'll have to scrap the idea 5k isn't nearly enough.
Last edited by CalamityAOE on Apr 28, 2016, 5:44:27 PM
Last bumped on Apr 30, 2016, 7:54:30 AM
Base maximum mana is summing up the following:
base starting mana: 40
per level at level 100: 600
flat from tree in northern section: 45
from ~400 intelligence: 200

from gear
ring, ring, amulet, boots gloves: 69-73 -> 70 *5 =350
helm mind spiral: 150
chest cloak of defiance: 110

summing up base mana = 1495

now having hierophant and investing to mana with reason
from tree (and ascendancy): 206%
from pledge of hands: 100%

final mana: 1495*(3,06+1)=6069

if going nuts and using one healthy mind jewel in witch area you can transform 36% life into 72% mana with additional jewels mod 20% mana obtaining total 92%.
with this jewel you would end up 7445 mana.

It's possible to get more, by using more of those jewels, grabbing "dreamer" cluster and by getting more intelligence, but that's beyond reason.

EDIT: skill tree i based numbers on:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUAAAOaBAcEswVCBx4I9A3RDkgRLRGWGGoc3B_HIG4i9CepKU8rJit4LJwtizLROVI6WDwFPV9BlkPIRUdFnUlRTLNPBFAwUlNTUlXGVkhXK1eUWAdYbVugXfJfKmNDZDNknWjyakNrt2wLbRlxYnRVdSp8DnxLfIN_xoKbg9uFfY8aj0aP-pMnlS6WdJeVl_SaO5rgm6Gf36IApwinNKdVrrO86r2CwFTAZsCc0PXVptgk2t3bXuOE6-Tr7uv17TzvfPAf8NXyHfb8-d3-s57Epr5UR4w2B2PLveaBAAA=
Last edited by Andrius319 on Apr 28, 2016, 6:52:55 PM
Yeah I did some tweeking and got a pledge and some of those jewels and got my max mana up to around 7.7k but it's still pretty short of what I would want but it's a bit closer then the 5k amount. However the MoM not working with ES is kinda what's killing the build idea for me. That And I'd have no damage but as a support character I could be granting a giant amount of ES. I'd have to use shav's too as it would be a low life build and that cuts into the mana a little cause of losing cloak of defiance.
If further investing into mana, then:

from 3 additional healthy mind: 20%*3 60% (from western templar area, near mom keystone, near pain attunement)
from transformed life 49% -> 98%
from dreamer cluster: 43%

additional increase would be 201% which would push 7445 mana into 10 451 mana
Yeah, that 15% ES node is kinda underwhelming and not really worth building around, just a bonus IMO.
"
Andrius319 wrote:
Yeah, that 15% ES node is kinda underwhelming and not really worth building around, just a bonus IMO.

It's really not that bad honestly at 15% with nearly 8k mana it's around 1.2k ES and as guardian you would be giving that 1.2k ES to your whole party. I might think more about heriophant though cause the extra mana might push this to where it needs to be to work. Really my hope was to be able to get something like 11k max mana right now I don't think that's possible but I'll keep working on it.
Last edited by CalamityAOE on Apr 28, 2016, 7:10:57 PM
"
CalamityAOE wrote:
Yeah I did some tweeking and got a pledge and some of those jewels and got my max mana up to around 7.7k but it's still pretty short of what I would want but it's a bit closer then the 5k amount. However the MoM not working with ES is kinda what's killing the build idea for me. That And I'd have no damage but as a support character I could be granting a giant amount of ES. I'd have to use shav's too as it would be a low life build and that cuts into the mana a little cause of losing cloak of defiance.

have you considered whispering ice over pledge of hand?

loosing the 100% mana increace may seem a lot but tons of int give base mana wich is better plus solve your lack of damage problem, finaly int olso gives some %ES increace.

just a theory but hierophant + MOM + lots of chaos ress using whispering ice can potentialy create a low life high ES build, DOT chaos damage will still murder it.
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

while whispering ice build encourages stacking intelligence, the staff itself doesn't really give that much of mana. Sure its good to stack intelligence on gear, but in the end i believe that pledge will offer more mana.

Successful whispering ice builds has 2k intelligence from which maybe 300 int is provided from staff's 18% increase intelligence. 300 intelligence translates to 150 mana, after mana multipliers its ~900 mana and 30% es. On other hand pledge without stacking intelligence provides ~1500 mana. With some more harmless int stacking it would go above 1500, but not much above.

In the end both are viable on that question, one gives more mana, other less, but gives additional es.
"
caboom wrote:

have you considered whispering ice over pledge of hand?

loosing the 100% mana increace may seem a lot but tons of int give base mana wich is better plus solve your lack of damage problem, finaly int olso gives some %ES increace.

just a theory but hierophant + MOM + lots of chaos ress using whispering ice can potentialy create a low life high ES build, DOT chaos damage will still murder it.

I honestly don't want to use either right now I'm at about 6k mana without pledge if I put pledge on I go up to about 8k but I lose a good bit of ES for myself. If I was going full support whispering would be a pretty good option though.

Main issue I have with staffs is keeping up with party member is hard in the whirling blades meta without it.

edit...

I thought about it and realized I can use EA on mana easily with this setup so I'm testing that a bit.
I'm Getting about 6k ES without shavs fairly easily meaning with EA the build got a bit more budget.
The damage on EA seems pretty low though but with a reworked tree I can probably fix that.
Last edited by CalamityAOE on Apr 30, 2016, 9:48:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info