Thoughts on MF vs demigod characters

I find MF to be at odds with its self.
If you make a demi god that can annihilate any map...what good is it really if nothing good ever drops except for a relatively slow accumulation of currency from chaos recipe and what ever drops?
The drops in this game are horrible. Yellows NEVER roll good. I learned ages ago to do 2x chaos recipe.

But then take the MF character. Get more stuff but clear much much slower and be limited in what maps you can do.

I never made a MF character till the other day. She has a ways to go for passives and flame totem is only level 17 but the clear speed is just so bad....
I'm leaning towards it's completely not worth it.

If you had to choose between a Voltaxic Sparker and a Flame Totem Witch which 30/300 what would you play and why?
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Apr 26, 2016, 3:31:41 PM
Last bumped on Apr 26, 2016, 9:33:38 PM
In a real league that's not perandous I'd go with MF even though I consider MF to be a shitty awful mechanic but it does do it's job.

Clear speed IS everything as well so both are comparable between the two but MF diff between the two is so fucking huge like it's not even funny.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I love PoE, but I still having trouble understanding two key elements to the game:

1) Good rares do not drop.
2) In order to farm effective, you better not even identify rares.

This is, in my eyes, stupid. Very stupid. It may have been introduced as a "gamble" - a choice, take a chance of not identifying the rares, get more currency. But it's not a gamble, because rares suck.

Chris can talk all he wants about "trading should not be too easy, because it would widen the gap between self found play and trading". If rare drops keep being awful, no other change would matter.

But on topic: As I see it, MF characters are meant to farm currency to be able to try out other builds. MF characters isn't meant to reach 100. They are meant to carry other characters to 100. Farm currency to buy stuff, or farm currency to craft those high level white items your other characters find.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I usually try to a get a little bit of MF but not enough to completely gimp myself. Maybe 1 nice ventor's gamble or a divination distillate is enough for me.
Thanks for the replies.
And yes I agree 99.999% of all rares rolling bad is way too overkill on Chris's thinking.

It's what had me quit for months.
There's no excitement to loot. Its all garbage in my experience. You chaos recipe and alt frag your way to a trade with another player.
If you're lucky you get a unique worth more than 1 alch or 1 chaos but those finds are very few and far between.

This is wrong :(
"
I find MF to be at odds with its self.
If you make a demi god that can annihilate any map...what good is it really if nothing good ever drops except for a relatively slow accumulation of currency from chaos recipe and what ever drops?
The drops in this game are horrible. Yellows NEVER roll good. I learned ages ago to do 2x chaos recipe.

But then take the MF character. Get more stuff but clear much much slower and be limited in what maps you can do.

I never made a MF character till the other day. She has a ways to go for passives and flame totem is only level 17 but the clear speed is just so bad....
I'm leaning towards it's completely not worth it.

If you had to choose between a Voltaxic Sparker and a Flame Totem Witch which 30/300 what would you play and why?

I understand your point and I'm not crazy about the magic find mechanic myself. But creating a powerful build allows you to do rare maps with more difficult modifications that have higher item quantity and rarities. So you don't have to necessarily gimp yourself to get better loot.
Last edited by Berylstone on Apr 26, 2016, 4:03:37 PM
"
Berylstone wrote:
a powerful build allows you to do rare maps with more difficult modifications that have higher item quantity and rarities. So you don't have to necessarily gimp yourself to get better loot.

This is more how I'm leaning.

I can respec my Sparker to ES ( I have a 5L6S Shavs) and find ES boots and hat but other than that shes rocking. I wonder if I should just stick with her. She has no MF to speak of yet gets currency, 6S's crap for chaos recipe..
My Totem Witch limps around and gets a few more (garbage) yellows. When I play her I'm like what am I even doing?
"
Yellows NEVER roll good. I learned ages ago to do 2x chaos recipe.

Maybe you just vendor all GG rolled rares since ages?

How do you know that they never roll good when you never ID them?

I did not do many Chaos Recipies at al lthis League, sometimes did Regal Recipie if i needed them... i had tons of currency...

Oh btw: i totaly hate MF.

I´d say just get good...
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Apr 26, 2016, 4:09:58 PM
"
"
Berylstone wrote:
a powerful build allows you to do rare maps with more difficult modifications that have higher item quantity and rarities. So you don't have to necessarily gimp yourself to get better loot.

This is more how I'm leaning.

I can respec my Sparker to ES ( I have a 5L6S Shavs) and find ES boots and hat but other than that shes rocking. I wonder if I should just stick with her. She has no MF to speak of yet gets currency, 6S's crap for chaos recipe..
My Totem Witch limps around and gets a few more (garbage) yellows. When I play her I'm like what am I even doing?

That's how I would play it.

Aiming for a build that can handle higher tier rare maps with the broadest range of mods is an all-around better solution IMHO than is creating a MF build.

You still get plenty of loot from rare maps after all and will be able to better sustain a higher level map pool in the process. It's nice to be able to get both experience and loot on the same map. This isn't even to mention that the higher the item level the better the rolls can be anyway.
Last edited by Berylstone on Apr 26, 2016, 4:19:33 PM
"

I´d say just get good...

Stop trolling. There's no context here for " get good".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info