This is a message to the people doing lab runs

I like lab runs, get a bucket load of currency at the end of each run, few chaos worth of vendor recipes and right now about a 20% chance of an enchant that I can sell for an Ex or two.

Was a lot better once I disabled shadows completely, which does make the game look a bit horrible but got used to it eventually. That particular tile set (chateau map included) causes me real issues with shadows lol

I'm all for less people doing runs atm, since it means it'll take longer for the enchant bubble to burst. Its not much different to running high Q maps tbh.
Last edited by Asmosis on Apr 26, 2016, 5:10:56 AM
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
symban wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:
Kiting? Traps? That's not what ARPGs are about. I'd rather have boss runs and endless ledge.

No, it's not. It's the absolute truth. ARPGs like Diablo are about overgearing and overleveling the content to trivialize it. I love to oneshot stuff. Traps make you waste time and don't reward you at all. Kiting is a waste of time too. I don't want to play Frogger, Mario, Tomb Raider or Ninja Gaiden. I love to feel godly and smash stuff! Like a man!

Wait, you're sarcastic right?
You should not feel manly by fighting and destroying those weaker than you, that's just bullying :P

That 1h headhunter race was the most boring hour of PoE i ever experienced, everything just died..

Are ARPGs really meant to be a boring genre? D:
Good that GGG tries to change that, i say.
Statistics will show majority ran lab once to get points and then never again no dumb secksy talk will change it its just common sense pretty sure for hc and sure for sc casuals dont waste their precious gametime playing labrat for 1 in 300
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
when i especially like something it's players calling to boycott some game feature.

---

my problem with the lab is: the general content is too easy (boss fights are ok), especially if you overleveled it.

monsters damage should scale with the player's level.

additionally there is no pressure, i would like to have a trap somewhere in the middle which triggers a timer which eventually makes the current area deadly, forcing you to seek an exit.

argus could be designed as a trap, closing his room when you enter and there should be no indication that it's argu's room.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Apr 26, 2016, 6:43:27 AM
"
vio wrote:
when i especially like something it's players calling to boycott some game feature.

---

my problem with the lab is: the general content is too easy (boss fights are ok), especially if you overleveled it.

monsters damage should scale with the player's level.

additionally there is no pressure, i would like to have a trap somewhere in the middle which triggers a timer which eventually makes the current area deadly, forcing you to seek an exit.

argus could be designed as a trap, closing his room when you enter and there should be no indication that it's argu's room.

wait... There is content on lab?

I thought it was only shitty traps and dummies
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
wait... There is content on lab?
I thought it was only shitty traps and dummies

actually i think we haven't seen the last incarnation of the lab.

Spoiler
reason:
"
Chris wrote:
We won't be running a race season during this current challenge league. This is a combination of new race stuff not being ready, and the team being critically busy working on new content that we haven't yet announced.

a level 75 version of the lab would be great.
Last edited by vio on Apr 26, 2016, 9:00:12 AM
lab and maps are great, go play a different game that you actually enjoy.
"
Antaiseito wrote:
You should not feel manly by fighting and destroying those weaker than you, that's just bullying :P

That 1h headhunter race was the most boring hour of PoE i ever experienced, everything just died..

No, I'm not. See the labyrinth threads. No one wants forced hardcore, boring and unfun traps or deadly boss experiences. This is not a hardcore game, I want to make builds and relax. Gorge runs and similar is how it should be done. Things like trap gauntlets, Izaro's variants or Malachai are abominations in a game that didn't require anything except grinding. Trying to deviate for that is wrong, ARPGs have always been a casual genre to waste some time. Everything that cannot be killed quickly is an error. PoE has a core gameplay: kill stuff quickly for thousands of hours and get godly gear, every thing else is a complete waste of time. Maybe scamming some moron for some quick profit too.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Apr 26, 2016, 10:45:31 AM
"
NeroNoah wrote:
ARPGs have always been a casual genre to waste some time. Everything that cannot be killed quickly is an error.

did ggg ever put it's game into the arpg niche themselves or was that some players' definition?

because at release it looked like an arpg, it played like an arpg and players liked to describe it as arpg it must ever stay an arpg by definition?

i see it rather as "a game".
Last edited by vio on Apr 26, 2016, 10:45:54 AM
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
Antaiseito wrote:

ARPGs have always been a casual genre to waste some time.

Riiiiiiight.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info