Did they honestly make linking sockets easier?

"
"
Bars wrote:
Well, we don't really care because we don't play standard, it has become our mascot at that point :)

SOME CARE OKAY like the people who go like I'M INFEOR CUZ I DUN HAVE LEGAVY gear and MIRRORS :_:;;;;;;;;

STOP THE FEW RICH FROM EXPLOITING AND FEEDING OFF THE POOR!

*Soviet battle march as background music*

"
raics wrote:
I like the concept of a guild pet. We should also be able to make a guild hideout, nice and roomy, with barracks, armory, mess hall and a strip club.

Just a strip club would be fine.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:

It would. Though tipping an... entertainer with orbs might prove tricky, some of them look quite heavy, not something you could tastefully stick behind a bra strap or a garter belt.

Yeah, for years on end we had a heated battle between conveniently tipping a stripper and tossing a 100g silver coin on a bar counter like a boss, it's evident who won in the end.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

It would. Though tipping an... entertainer with orbs might prove tricky, some of them look quite heavy, not something you could tastefully stick behind a bra strap or a garter belt.

Yeah, for years on end we had a heated battle between conveniently tipping a stripper and tossing a 100g silver coin on a bar counter like a boss, it's evident who won in the end.

There's a solution, it involves stringing a few chaos orbs together.

I suppose strippers in Wraeclast will have to be brave and adventurous souls.

The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
6 Linking should have a progressive type system implemented.

For example every fusing has a 0.05% (1 in 2000) for 6 linking.
Every failed fusing will increase the chance for the next fusing to 6L by a fraction.
The chance to 6L the SAME item is progressively increased, with a cap of 4000 fusings for a guaranteed link.

There are a lot of games using progressive systems for drops already...

But oh well, this is PoE, everyone and their mom loves a pure RNG system. One guy with better skill will 6L in 5 fuse while the other no skill noob will fail to get a 6L after 9820 fusings.

PoE is all about RNG, nothing less nothing more. (which is quite funny for a game that calls itself hardcore).
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
WolfOfHonor wrote:
This is starting to become a joke for me. I've spent around 1,200 fusing this league alone and out of that I've gotten zero 6 links and only two 5 links. In the 800 some hours I've played of this game and of the near 5 figure fusings I've spent I have yet to 6 link an item.

in over 4 years of poe i actually 6 linked one item by myself (a ilevel 68 karui axe 2 years ago).

and that people around me actually 6 link items much easier now isn't really motivating. i wish it would have stayed that unique personal achievement so i have an excuse for it other than my bad luck.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I agree with this fact : Pure RNG system for link is bullshit... God know how i love this game, but this part of the game is totally unfunny. I love hardcore games, but i hate the fact that only LUCK will help you for linking your items.

I have a shitty luck on all games, and POE is not an exception, i'm at over 4k5+ fusing used for a fucking 6L on my coil, and i know i will need a lot more... This fact actually ruin my game fun... And when i see my friend obtain two 6L with less than 100fusing per 6L....

I wish POE have a system who will increase your tiny chance to sucess after each of your faillure, a thing like Pewzor was talking about...
"
vio wrote:
in over 4 years of poe i actually 6 linked one item by myself (a ilevel 68 karui axe 2 years ago).

That's the only one I got, it dropped prelinked a few months ago and I'm not even using it right now. Actually, I never even actively tried to 6L anything, 5L was usually good enough for me so the only way to get one would be by accident while trying to get a 5L.

The best tip I got for unlucky players is this: stay as far away from Tabula as possible, it spoils you.

Last edited by raics on Apr 26, 2016, 11:07:06 AM
"
knac84 wrote:

The issue is nit 'sinking orbs', the issue is that if you fall on the 5% top of the normal distribution you are royally fucked up (ie. Bars example above).

to prevent inflation, like the monetary souvereign government which is spending first and collecting the money they spent back by taxing people, ggg has to collect back the orbs it let's the game spread among the player base.

the issue is a working "orb sink". having some deterministic outcome when linking sockets, the drop rate of fusings would have to be drastically reduced and ingame trader recipes adjusted.

"
knac84 wrote:

Averages don't matter, you have to think about worst case scenarios and what that does mean for player experience, and then address those tail scenarios.

the worst case scenario is some players not having enough currency to buy a 6 link on poe.trade of spending those 1500 fuses.

which isn't the fault of the rng process of linking items.
"
raics wrote:

That's the only one I got, it dropped prelinked a few months ago and I'm not even using it right now. Actually, I never even actively tried to 6L anything, 5L was usually good enough for me so the only way to get one would be by accident while trying to get a 5L.

i had several 6 linked drop for me over time.

at least for me there is a huge difference having a 6 link dropped or have it fused yourself when it comes to count as a personal achievement.
"
vio wrote:
at least for me there is a huge difference having a 6 link dropped or have it fused yourself when it comes to count as a personal achievement.

Most certainly. The point was I never even attempted it but I surely spent a few thousand fuses over the years on 5 linking. I do that a lot and I never had the good fortune to 6L anything, not like that disgustingly lucky Sid or a buddy of mine that used a fuse on a 5L and got a 6L, I mean what were the odds for that?

Statistically speaking, if you get 20 5Ls on average before you manage a 6L that means one in 20 5L attempts will yield a 6L. A shame we have no data on how often a 6L comes before a 5L, if we had a good sample we could answer the age-old question 'is there some entropy mechanic behind the scenes or not'. Because if there is, you'd get an accidental 6L less often than the stats suggest.

Last edited by raics on Apr 26, 2016, 11:30:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info