Did they honestly make linking sockets easier?

My guild has a Pledge of Hands in standard which has happily devoured many thousands of fuses from three players over a long period of time. Each time we finish temp leagues and get sent to Standard, we sink fuses in it. We don't have an exact count as multiple people have tried to six-link it but the general consensus is 'a lot of fucking fuses'. We're certainly talking about thousands per player.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Apr 26, 2016, 8:37:20 AM
"
Bars wrote:
My guild has a Pledge of Hands in standard which has happily devoured many thousands of fuses from three players over a long period of time. Each time we finish temp leagues and get sent to Standard, we sink fuses in it. We don't have an exact count as multiple people have tried to six-link it but the general consensus is 'a lot of fucking fuses'. We're certainly talking about thousands per player.

So... fucking... stupid. (not you or your guild, the system).

And some may say "oh, but is just like 1%, or even less, of the people". Well, consider if the game has on average 15k concurrent players, even if just 1/3 is considering getting a 6L, the amount of players being royally screwed by the RNG to the point they will end up saying "fuck this fucking slot machine game" is stupendous.

Again, this is a basic game function we are talking about, is not like we are talking about obtaining a GG BiS amulet for your build.

And I can't complain much, just in the last league I've 6L two uniques with less than 50 fuses each; on the otehr side I sink 400 fuses to get a 5L, and over 600 jewellers to get a 6S. That makes you realize the kind of variance we are talking about, when the 6L average is around 800-1000 fuses (IDK exactly) with 20% quality, it can go to absurd levels...

Last edited by knac84 on Apr 26, 2016, 9:02:06 AM
Well, we don't really care because we don't play standard, it has become our mascot at that point :)
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
I like the concept of a guild pet. We should also be able to make a guild hideout, nice and roomy, with barracks, armory, mess hall and a strip club.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Bars wrote:
Well, we don't really care because we don't play standard, it has become our mascot at that point :)

SOME CARE OKAY like the people who go like I'M INFEOR CUZ I DUN HAVE LEGAVY gear and MIRRORS :_:;;;;;;;;
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
knac84 wrote:

which alternative orb sinks do you suggest?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"

SOME CARE OKAY like the people who go like I'M INFEOR CUZ I DUN HAVE LEGAVY gear and MIRRORS :_:;;;;;;;;

so you wouldn't mind your standard account being wiped?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
"
knac84 wrote:

which alternative orb sinks do you suggest?

As I said above, the system should have entropy (like evasion), and GGG should publicly say it.

The issue is nit 'sinking orbs', the issue is that if you fall on the 5% top of the normal distribution you are royally fucked up (ie. Bars example above). Averages don't matter, you have to think about worst case scenarios and what that does mean for player experience, and then address those tail scenarios.
Last edited by knac84 on Apr 26, 2016, 9:08:17 AM
It is still heavily RNG based. I 6 linked two items in under 400 fuse total this league, then I burned 750 fuse without success trying to 6 link a third.

I love RNG! wether I have good RNG or not, it is what makes the game fun for me. :D
"

Related to Mr. Torgue in any way?

Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info