Need help: Deadeye or Ascendant for Tornado Shot?

Ok, so I've come up with 2 options so my crit Tornado shot build, using Drillneck and 100% Pierce chance.

Offense: TS, physical to lightning (to proc shock with crit), crits, frenzy charges, etc
Defense: Evasion, Life, Dodge

So here are the 2 skill trees I made up:

Ascendant:
"

Deadeye:
"

Most of the skill points are the same. Main differences are: More points near Scion starting point for Ascendant or more point near Duelist for Deadeye. Also, the ascendancy points.

Deadeye:

30% MORE damage to far enemy
15% attack speed
30% projectile speed
60% projectile damage
10% accuracy
10% increase crit chance
100% additionnaly chances to pierce at the start of the projectile, losing this chance as the projectile travels
Projectile crit chance increased by arrow pierce chance (at least 60%, up to 100%+, 50% tree and 10% Drillneck)

Ascendant:

60 Dex
20 Int
2 passive skill points (already calculated in the skill trees above)
50% chance of projectile pierce (total of 100% with skill tree)
20% projectile speed
30% INCREASE damage to far enemy
Skills fire an additionnal projectile (total of 6 with GMP)
+1% BASE crit chance
40% crit multiplier against full life enemy
10% chance to gain power charge on hit against full life enemy
Critical strikes apply Maim (Main reduced enemy's movement speed by 30%)

I'd like to know which would be better. Thanks!
IGN: Urlan
Last bumped on May 1, 2016, 4:08:42 PM
Bump!
Both are actually pretty good options. I actually went Berserker + Deadeye on my Scion, but Assassin + Deadeye will obviously produce more DPS.

One thing to note is that you likely don't need the extra base Crit with Assassin if you're going Phys (since it's high base crit, and you have to factor in the new Diamond Flasks), which is the same logic I used to choose Berserker instead of Assassin on the Scion.

I also never factor Drillneck into my calculations. Overrated quiver.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Apr 24, 2016, 7:33:51 PM
"
Both are actually pretty good options. I actually went Berserker + Deadeye on my Scion, but Assassin + Deadeye will obviously produce more DPS.

One thing to note is that you likely don't need the extra base Crit with Assassin if you're going Phys (since it's high base crit, and you have to factor in the new Diamond Flasks), which is the same logic I used to choose Berserker instead of Assassin on the Scion.

I also never factor Drillneck into my calculations. Overrated quiver.

Thanks!

Looking for a few more opinions, :D
Bumperino
Bump
I would go Deadeye, but exchange Powerful Precision and Fast and Deadly for Sharp and Venomous and Endless Munitions.

Powerful Precision extra pierce chance is wasted on your build, and Fast and Deadly give only generic buffs, while Sharp and Venomous will improve your DPS significantly and Endless Munitions clears any accuracy problems and the extra arrow allows you to drop GMP or LMP if you get a bow or quiver with extra arrows.

I would also change physical to lightning for something else, if you don't invest in lightning damage (curses and penetration) you won't be able to shock any relevant enemy, and it even is a net DPS loss against mobs with high resistances.
"
Adser wrote:
I would go Deadeye, but exchange Powerful Precision and Fast and Deadly for Sharp and Venomous and Endless Munitions.

Powerful Precision extra pierce chance is wasted on your build, and Fast and Deadly give only generic buffs, while Sharp and Venomous will improve your DPS significantly and Endless Munitions clears any accuracy problems and the extra arrow allows you to drop GMP or LMP if you get a bow or quiver with extra arrows.

I would also change physical to lightning for something else, if you don't invest in lightning damage (curses and penetration) you won't be able to shock any relevant enemy, and it even is a net DPS loss against mobs with high resistances.

But is 10% chance to poison and 10% chance to bleed enemy good if its the only bleed/poison I have in my build? I mean if I clean all the trash mobs quick with TS with high DPS, I wont really need poison/bleed, will I?
Well, you will kill trash fast even if you don't use a single ascendancy point. Bleed and Poison will help you against bosses or rares, giving a decent amount of damage when they proc (they will double dip hard) and with your attack speed the low proc rate is not relevant for bleed at least (bleed lasts 5 seconds, you do way more than 10 hits in 5 seconds, especially if you consider sub-projectiles)
@OP:
I would go Deadeye, but I wouldn't pick that combination. I would likely go for Ricochet + Far Shot instead though.
Either that or go for Endless Munitions + Power Precision.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info