D3 has something better than PoE.

Season 6 have the same fucking meta of season 5... That game is garbage, i dunno why i bothered with s5. It was my first season tho.
IGN: Ziggro
D3 has better netcode and doesn't lag out when a large number of particles are on screen. They also support OSX. With that said, both are terrific games in the aRPG genre :)
Deliver pain exquisite
I just want D3's story/exploration mode so I don't have to do the ACT quests 3x...
"
Stygian_Doll wrote:
You will be bored within a week is what it's better at.

Nice name.

Oh right, uh...
I've yet to play D3. Just haven't felt any real urge to buy it.
Picked up DS3 recently though.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
I've recently started playing PoE after I beat D3 to death (top of the leaderboard, fully geared, etc etc).

D3
+ engine (allows some crazy plays for those with high apm).
+ easy to understand how the game works
+ team play matters from the very early game
+ casual friendly. You can be a complete noob, and within a day, you can start enjoying the end-game material.

- the only endgame available is "greater rift"
- trading is not available
- no PVP
- Set item forces players to choose among a limited build
- itemization lacks variety
- 3 month season is a horrible system
- devs do not give an ounce of fuck what you are saying.

PoE

+ infinite possibility of builds
+ fun and engaging leveling process
+ well-defined and useful currency
+ poe.trade is the best trading system I've seen.
+ devs listen

o sophisticated skill tree (neutral because this also introduces a steep learning curve. coupled with "no way to reset a character" and "hard to level" means it might be too punishing to invest into wrong skills).

o. takes a long time to level up. Some would actually say this is a + since the journey itself is an endgame. Some may disagree. Thus, it's also neither + or -.

- UI in this game requires some more work. It still feels like the game is at its infant stage and I have hard time figuring out functions available to players (trade, crafting, things like that..). There's no reason for the recipes to be "secret." It's just a QoL thing. Make it easy for players to use vendor recipes. Absolutely no reason to make the game sophisticated outside the character itemization + build.

- Not casual friendly. Takes a very long time to get to the end game material of this game.

- Lack of team-play early on (not sure how it'll turn out later in the game).

- poor engine. ARPG is action+rpg, but it is one of the worst among other ARPGs when it comes to the action aspect of ARPG. The best right now is D3, but I assume it'll soon be Lost Ark (when it actually comes out..).

- game of this sophistication + "league" system is even worse than D3's season system for casuals. No casuals, no player-base. Player-base is almost everything when it comes to multiplayer RPG. Otherwise, we would all be playing Witcher 3. Not sure why PoE copies the worst thing about D3.

tl:dr,

ARPG = Action + RPG.

PoE fails at action. D3 fails at RPG.
Last edited by dooboosoda on Apr 27, 2016, 7:10:50 PM
"
You kind of have to wonder... If Diablo 3 was released being what everyone wanted/expected, would Path of Exile have been as successful as it was/is?
That is a good question. I had never heard about PoE until I started bitching to my friend how they fucked D3 up and he pointed me here. I've barely touched D3 since they fixed the desync bullshit.
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
Nude globe girls?
The best D3 was original D3. Most people quit because they didnt want to put in time to beat inferno but it was rewarding when you did. Now its a big time casual fest like WoW. Have they started giving Paragon or levels when you have not logged in awhile yet?
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 28, 2016, 3:17:23 AM
Tl:DR: Try to read it, it may be worth the time. i am horrible at writing and formating texts.

D3 has become better since RoS came out. Atleast as a point of View Blizzard attempted the game to be. It can still be alot of fun to play it for a couple of Hours, or even Days. I played D3 (atleast my account says so) for 7000hours till it's release. i switched to PoE as they fixed desync while i tried it till like 70 when beyond came out( what a horrible league to start the game as a newbie :> ) and i am at 3k hours now. but D3 is now at a state where it just does not deliver anymore. the powercreep is as present as it can be. everything u do is given. the game on it's own is polished whatsoever but you still experience huge lag spikes and even more desync in it because of certain builds you are forced by blizzard to run (firebirds/helltooth, just to name some). since the last season (given that u actually know what ur doing, leveling to 70 took me around 2 hours, completing my set ( which are now somewhat given for free) took me another 10 minutes. up to that point u can run t9-t10 comfortably and everything comes down to how much experience you grind to get the paragons going while pumping shards into kadala like she is an hungarian "slut". your character barely makes any progression nor do you can really decide where your character is going since blizzard dictates you what to do. beside some tweeks for speedfarming, nothing in this game is suitable to your desires. after like 2-3 hours you are just mindlessly grinding to eternity for whatever reason. it's just sad to see, as RoS did some really interesting changes to D3 even without the ability to trade or share your items. but then they buffed kadala to be the 'slut' she is now, and giving away stuff for free, without the need to farm them ( in a farming game ). your are pretty much playing the game against kadala and Grift-Guardian loot.
one could just wish that GGG or another developer will once be able to throw away that much money on a game while keeping the spirit of a good RPG. PoE, atleast for me just needs a never ending list of QoL improvement and technical developments to take the next step. i wonder what will happen if they release an entire expantion to fix all the shit, starting at tooltips, to crashes, to summoners, to oldschool mechanics like melee splash, the immense amount of currency you need to pump into maps to get to level 100 and so on. the game does not really need alot new cotent to get more popular, it just not need to beat everyone in it's face who dares to start playing it.
Last edited by Angrymobz on Apr 28, 2016, 6:09:08 AM
I enjoy both games, PoE being my fav by far though. I tend to stay on D3 for less each season, because of the one big disadvantage D3 has nowadays in my opinion : there is no real loot hunt anymore. If you know what you're doing you'll have your end-game gear within a few hours of regular gameplay at most. After that all you have left to do is getting those small improvements on the same items (same set pieces but with +1% crit here or better secondary stat there etc.) and endless paragon levels grinding.
IGN : @Morgoth
Last edited by Morgoth2356 on Apr 28, 2016, 6:13:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info