D3 has something better than PoE.

"
MajorThor wrote:
I'm still pissed that Bli$$ard stopped patching D3/RoS on the PS3 platform. I finally got the nerve to buy the Expac only to get screwed because I didn't have a PS4. I'll never know what a Greater Rift feels like, nor will I experience the new fancy Cube.

Just get it for PC :P you know you want too.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
"
MajorThor wrote:
I'm still pissed that Bli$$ard stopped patching D3/RoS on the PS3 platform. I finally got the nerve to buy the Expac only to get screwed because I didn't have a PS4. I'll never know what a Greater Rift feels like, nor will I experience the new fancy Cube.

Just get it for PC :P you know you want too.

Naw bro, never. I feel burnt by Bli$$ard too much to ever put any stock into their games anymore. Between World of Pokecraft and Borestone, there's just nothing going on with them.
Hail Thor-show thy might, Let thunder roar and lightning strike! Hurl thy hammer into the fray, And let thine enemies know fear this day!
"
鬼殺し wrote:
The idea of "knowing more than most" about anything you can google in five minutes, tops, is pretty funny.
Yet true. Unfortunately.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
The Focus on set-items is what kills d3 for me, you have almost no freedom and can´t make your own char. One day, if the devs would admit, ""guys we made a mistake with our itemization"" and remove all those skill X doese X000% more damage and Focus on intresting item´s, a lot more people would play it, i quess.

But i have to say, i like that d3 is forgiveable/friendly, you dont have to relvl chars for stupid reason´s, like ""this char would be better as Es instead of life"".
PoE would have a lot more Player if it´s more ""friendly"" in certain areas.

About the general art, absurd violence is equaly anoying/stupid to comic style.
I wonder if ggg thought about, how many corpses it would take to fill those bloodsee in lunaris lvl2, espazialy considering that poe is in a middleage Setting, there shouldnt be anybody alive in 100 miles.
Anyways, it just have to fit together to trigger something.
D3's endless rift is a million times better than GGGs end game. I can barley play past 90 anymore realizing the sucker currency sink and running levels beneath me 95% of the time as we all do)

D3's enchantress is way better than lab enchants.

D3's net code is better (but i dont fault GGG here understanding what makes their weaker)

Other than that yeah game is weak. geared in a week and terrible itemization and build diversity.

Best D3 was original D3 but babies whined they couldnt get past act 1 and was all down hill from there.

GGG should hire Jay Wilson. You should not be able to beat meriless until like 1000 hrs. And forget maps. lvl 6s should be like alluring abyss..lvl 7 near impossible. 15 lol.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 25, 2016, 5:09:24 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
The idea of "knowing more than most" about anything you can google in five minutes, tops, is pretty funny.

I maintain a single decision saw the pre-emptive failure to deliver on D3's part, and that was the choice to make skill runes built into a character rather than tiered, lootable drops. That was when we knew Blizzard no longer had the courage to fuel a brilliant idea into an inferno. That was when we knew they were doing the one thing they'd refused to do with Diablo 1 or 2: play it safe.

As if the things they have done over the years with WOW hasnt showed their inability to fuel brilliant ideas anymore... They run out of good ideas the moment Activision got involved... That or all the good ideas were thrown out the window for more profitable ones.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
"
Demonoz wrote:
As if the things they have done over the years with WOW hasnt showed their inability to fuel brilliant ideas anymore... They run out of good ideas the moment Activision got involved... That or all the good ideas were thrown out the window for more profitable ones.

Actually, they've had loads of good ideas and good designs with WoW post-TBC (the last expansion pre-Activision), which is why the game peaked in success after that.

The trouble is their utter obsession with pushing raiding as the endgame for everyone lead to a lot of poor decisions along with the good ideas. Oh well.
Cinematics
my english sux.
D3 got a lot of things better than POE. D3 offers smoother leveling progression, with an alternative leveling path for those who've run the campaign over and over, no gating of character development behind a non-ARPG platform gaming mini-game, much better netcode, a more aesthetic way of delivering the feel of a gritty universe (less of a blunt and prosaic emphasis on fountains of gore than in POE), and far better player control over the level of challenge the game poses, which makes end game potentially much more enjoyable (You pick your character's level of challenge with D3 rifts, instead of RNG largely dictating your end game experience, as it does in POE maps). There are a lot of little touches that D3 does better as well, such as how the templar hireling walks in front of your character (he's a melee hireling and that makes sense, but you don't see that in POE at all).

But, D3 got one critical thing wrong and it's a killer of a mistake. In D3, to avoid swimming upstream after level 70 you need to work with dev decisions about itemization. Sets rule end game and they tend to be quite specific about which skills you need to use to get the most you can out of them. If you don't particularly care for the skills being pumped up by D3 sets, then there's a good chance you won't enjoy your character.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Last edited by EnjoyTheJourney on Apr 25, 2016, 1:06:43 PM
"
D3 got a lot of things better than POE. D3 offers smoother leveling progression, with an alternative leveling path for those who've run the campaign over and over, no gating of character development behind a non-ARPG platform gaming mini-game, much better netcode, a more aesthetic way of delivering the feel of a gritty universe (less of a blunt and prosaic emphasis on fountains of gore than in POE), and far better player control over the level of challenge the game poses, which makes end game potentially much more enjoyable (You pick your character's level of challenge with D3 rifts, instead of RNG largely dictating your end game experience, as it does in POE maps). There are a lot of little touches that D3 does better as well, such as how the templar hireling walks in front of your character (he's a melee hireling and that makes sense, but you don't see that in POE at all).

But, D3 got one critical thing wrong and it's a killer of a mistake. In D3, to avoid swimming upstream after level 70 you need to work with dev decisions about itemization. Sets rule end game and they tend to be quite specific about which skills you need to use to get the most you can out of them. If you don't particularly care for the skills being pumped up by D3 sets, then there's a good chance you won't enjoy your character.

Well said, some great points in there.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info