if you dont build around reflect... u will die

l have a Frozen Blades CoC EKnives-BFall build. Today entered an unidentified blue map, clicked on the first mob of the first pack l encountered and it displayed 'You are Dead'

lt was so instant that it almost felt like l pressed a 'Press here to die' button :S
If GGG's way of dealing with chaos damage is to introduce reflect chaos mods, I hope they scale it taking into account the difficulty of getting chaos res on gear.
"
plodd wrote:
If GGG's way of dealing with chaos damage is to introduce reflect chaos mods, I hope they scale it taking into account the difficulty of getting chaos res on gear.

Problem with chaos damage is not that it completely ignore the most dangerous mechanics in this game, tho it's an HUGE added bonus.

Problem with chaos damage currently is that the scaling on it is retardedly broken. Anyone that has a good knowledge of this game that's not delusional will tell you chaos damage scaling is out of this world.

From a pure damage stand point chaos conversion/poison can easily outscale normal elemental damage by 300%. This is also why many chaos builds easily has over millions of dps... and quite possibly into the billions region if we are talking about aoe.

So the raw damage potential of chaos damage is out of the sane world. Chaos/poison is also 100% completely immune to reflects in this entire game. And only a very small amount of the mobs in this game that has resist chaos mods (normally bosses only or specific chaos damage using monsters), while the majority of the monsters has at least 1 elemental resistant if not all 3.

Currently there's no reason not to use chaos damage, it's safer, it deals more than triple the damage than your conventional builds, mobs are by design naturally less resilient to chaos damage, there's no additional resist to chaos damage mods you could roll on maps to slow you down because they simply do not exist unlike all other damage types and on top of all that, the most annoying most rippy mods (reflects) are nothing but free pack size for you... as well as zero impact from elemental equilibrium mod which is again another free pack size for chaos builds.

Again there's zero reason not to use chaos damage currently as long as you can get a voltaxic or consuming darks. Those are very cheap to get relatively to the power level they offers... and has unbeatable value if you are looking at cost vs dps ratio. We are not even mentioning the safety here for using chaos damage... as well as all the pack size mods you can get for free on maps.

GGG isn't stupid, I have confidence in GGG resolving this stupidity end of this league/starting of the next, as I understand GGG normally doesn't change the meta mid league.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Apr 21, 2016, 8:17:40 AM
"
symban wrote:
l have a Frozen Blades CoC EKnives-BFall build. Today entered an unidentified blue map, clicked on the first mob of the first pack l encountered and it displayed 'You are Dead'

lt was so instant that it almost felt like l pressed a 'Press here to die' button :S

Did the same thing on my stormcaller... I run into an unid rare gorge, saw the first pack of mobs and started loading up on my stormcalls then as soon as my first SC goes off I died.

Oh well.. but it was my fault as I have been farming maps on my voltaxic spark doing achievements and forgot on my other builds I have to check for reflect when I enter an unid map. I just got bored and started playing other characters that doesn't use fucking chaos damage lol.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Apr 21, 2016, 8:22:29 AM
"
Pewzor wrote:
and on top of all that, the most annoying most rippy mods (reflects) are nothing but free pack size for you...

No, they are not because reflect gives no Packsize. Only Curses, No/Low Regen, EE and - max Res gives Packsize.

Get your facts straight while ranting like a madman.
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Do not roll reflect. Problem solved.
Bullshit makes the flowers grow
Roll your maps properly and you won't die .
R.I.P 4.B.
"
tryhardgg wrote:

or play a chaos build, same result without the need to reroll maps
"
raxleberne wrote:
"
tryhardgg wrote:

or play a chaos build, same result without the need to reroll maps

Then go do that and stop crying that the other kids have better Toys than you?
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
I still dont understand why they nerfed elemental flasks. They said Ascendancy provided new ways to raise resistance cap but thats just not the case.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info