if you dont build around reflect... u will die

"
Phrazz wrote:
It seems to me that people want to be able to mindlessly rush through content without even thinking/having to pay attention to the rare mob mods

That's why you do one of those newbie friendly chaos builds... and forget about reflect mechanics even exist in the game while doing 650% more dps.

Because there are simply so many newbies that can't/lacks the ability/skill to deal with reflect, chaos builds got so popular... (that's with us intentionally ignoring the 650% dps scaling as well as the infinite stack poison shit.)

There's a reason why we call it the Chaos meta in our game.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Apr 23, 2016, 10:08:07 AM
Reflect means you can destroy yourself by something that you cannot see which is off screen, and that is a big no in my book.
The funny thing is, I never have problems with reflect mobs because I like to balance out my dps output vs def, whether it is phys mitigation or resists (because stupid HC) or I simply ignore reflect maps.

However, I have a lot of hate for lightning thorns which is another form of reflect. I know they were nerfed (in terms of how frequent LT were casted) but I ripped 2 chars so far to Promenade boss and a group of black guards with a tanky rare that has the allies cannot die mod)

I like to play fast hitting/multihit chars and def doest help with flat dmg reflect.
Bump.

This is THE most dumb mechanics EVER.
Reflect maps are fine - you are ready for it, you can prepare and do what you need to survive.

Random reflecting mobs are NOT fine. It's just insta-death for me, I am ranged and quite often I dont even notice the yellow mob until I am one-shot.

One-shot by reflected damage by some barely visible mob in a huge crowd.
Maxed resists. 5K life. 60% evasion, 40% dodge.

Seruiously, it ruins all the fun. Get rid of it.
Last edited by Shudoyama on Feb 8, 2017, 5:22:51 PM
What if you build around reflect and you still die?
"The problem with scrubcore is that it is full of of scrubs"
- King Edward the Longshanks
"
eebertay wrote:
What if you build around reflect and you still die?

then ur doing it wrong x'D reflect isn't even nearly as dangerous as it was years ago xd
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
Reflect is a terrible mechanic in its current form and another reason why instant leech has become mandatory.It's GGG's fault for being unable to create meaningful mechanics outside of relying on the player walking into a 20 bear cluster or shooting themselves to death on reflect.

The game is damaged at it's core, monsters have too little health, do too much damage and players are forced to take the 1 shot it or gtfo approach to gaming.

Bleed is also pretty horrible as it literally does nothing but force a flask tax and encourage you to flask spam and adds no real value to the game.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Feb 8, 2017, 7:12:51 PM
what kind of builds are u guys dying to reflect with? honest question Im interested.

My experience is that in the last 2 years Ive made 2 builds where I hit a reflect and thought ok, something needs done about that, and both times I changed a gem in my gear and that was that. I use vaal pact on maybe 1 in 10 builds, to me that node is so far from mandatory, I dont even really like it, its not even desirable in my world.
Honestly, I think reflect only gives trouble to those that pump everything into DPS and one shot every pack, and themselves as well, in the case of reflect mobs.

I think its good that there is a mechanic in place that favors slower less damaging builds.

I'm not sure how much I like the current game state, either players one shot everything or they get one shotted (unless they stack ES).
Last edited by GoatimusX on Feb 8, 2017, 11:30:24 PM
Whatever. Cream rises to top. if u whine obviously not cream.

U will whine at anything "hard"

POEs new meta is whine at anything hard
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 8, 2017, 11:32:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info