Referance Guide: Recipes that have been tried and failed/Recipe Theories

I figured I'd make a little archive of recipes that have been tried. I'm we've all tried a bunch of different things so rather than wasting your time trying out a sweet recipe idea that you though of, which potentially has been done 20 times over, I'll put a list together. Also this is an archive for some good ideas that a player may not be able to accomplish themselves, or it could be easier for another player to try it.

Here's the guidelines for the thread, and your posts. I will put basic recipe failures here, and below it recipe theories. When you post a failure, I'd like for you to include links of the items used. This is for the sake of someone wishing to take a basic theory to further lengths. (IE: Someone may try to add color specifications to a failed linked socket attempt.) Of course I don't expect every failed recipe to have these, especially ones you've tried in the past. Let's just try to get as much information in this thread as possible and squeeze those last 8 recipes out!

Failed Recipes

Magic/Rare Recipes
15x magic onyx amulets
10x rare onyx amulets
5x rare with 5 random mods
5x rare with 6 random mods
Magic regal gauntlets, plate, tunic, greaves
4-6x Same Named rares
1 of each unid rarity for same base type
7x rare rings (1 of each base type)
12x magic daggers of different base types

Socket/link Recipes
4x 5 socket body armor (random link & color)
3x 6 socket body armor (random link & color)
10x 4-linked gloves/hats/helms (random color)*
No linked socketed items (1-6)
4x 3 socket no link (random color)
1 of each, 1, 2, 3, 4 linked sockets *

Gem recipes
30x random gems (5x each color skill & support gems)
1x 3-link item(RGB) one(6) random skill&support gem(RGB)

Other Recipes

Stars will be used to mark which page to reference for details of the failure.
Last edited by Llehfonwaps on Jan 15, 2012, 6:28:06 AM
Recipe Theories

Magic/Rare Recipes
Rare regal gauntlets, plate, tunic, greaves
2 rares with exactly the same mods and values
Matching x number of mods on 2 or more rares
Yx rare items of different base types

Socket/Link Recipes
A 6 socket item with 2 3-linked RGB

Gem Recipes

Other Recipes
Last edited by Llehfonwaps on Jan 15, 2012, 6:29:20 AM
For the 10x 4link gloves/hats/helms I used.
Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I have tried a lot of failed combinations looking for a fusing recipe, here's a few of them:
  • Items with sockets but no links, in runs from 1 to 6
  • Items with 3 sockets but no links, in sets up to 4
  • Items with links between all sockets in a run from 1 to 4 links (honestly, probably not worth it anyway w/5 link, this was suggested by another recipe hunter)
  • Items of the same base type with the exact same combination of sockets and links (including color) in a set up to 3.

• Other combos I have tried:
    • Magic regal gauntlets, regal plate, regal tunic, regal greaves (maybe rare?)

Those are the ones I remember, anyway.
  • Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
    Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
    "
    UristMcDwarfy wrote:
    Items with links between all sockets in a run from 1 to 4 links (honestly, probably not worth it anyway w/5 link, this was suggested by another recipe hunter)

For the one with 4 links, did you try to put 1, 2, 3, 4 linked items in the same vendor window or? Don;t understand what you did with that one :)
    Last edited by Llehfonwaps on Jan 10, 2012, 1:11:49 PM
    Somebody said that they tried 6 same name rares to no avail.
    "
    Llehfonwaps wrote:
    For the one with 4 links, did you try to put 1, 2, 3, 4 linked items in the same vendor window or? Don;t understand what you did with that one :)

Yes, an item with 2 sockets linked (one link), an item with 3 sockets linked (two links), 4 sockets linked (3 links), and one with 5 sockets linked (4 links). None of the items had unlinked sockets. I think all were either rare or magical. I put them all in the vendor window at the same time with no unexpected results.
    Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
    Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
    Last edited by UristMcDwarfy on Jan 10, 2012, 2:58:10 PM
    "
    UristMcDwarfy wrote:
    "
    Llehfonwaps wrote:

Yes, an item with 2 sockets linked (one link), an item with 3 sockets linked (two links), 4 sockets linked (3 links), and one with 5 sockets linked (4 links). None of the items had unlinked sockets. I think all were either rare or magical. I put them all in the vendor window at the same time with no unexpected results.

Try same thing but add a 1 socket item (zero links)

Also, tried selling gems with levels 1-8. Different colors, anybody wants to try same colors?
    I tryed 1white, 1unid-blue, 1alchemy-rare, 1unid-uniqe
    --> still only 5 orbs of chance
    there is no difference between a identified one and an unidentified

need to find a rare unid rusted casque to fully confirm.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
    "
    Lachdanan wrote:
    I tryed 1white, 1unid-blue, 1alchemy-rare, 1unid-uniqe
    --> still only 5 orbs of chance
    there is no difference between a identified one and an unidentified

need to find a rare unid rusted casque to fully confirm.

I tried this with the notched blade, all unid, and still only got the 5 orbs of chance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info