Clones from Mirror/Blink Arrow do not fully consider arrow/projectile-mods

I will number the described issue(s), maybe these have drifferent reasons:

1) Death's Harp adds an additional arrow. The clones however, only sporadically shoot this additional arrow. If either skill is supported by Trap then at least the trap will always fire 2 arrows where the clone is replaced by the later hit, ofc. The clones' behaviour remains unaffected. LMP or GMP do not change the fact either they just secure their own added projectiles.

2) Both skills do not consider Ascendancy mods - "Ricochet" from Dead Eye doesn't cause the projectiles shot by the clones to chain at all. Supporting the skills with Chain also does not count in the +1 times from "Ricochet". Supporting the skills with trap seem to make the triggered shot chain, but still no effect on the clones.

I couldn't find any other thread that addresses it so far.

I hope that this needs a fix, because I was looking for that 2nd play style.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
DolleTolle

P.S.: Can someone confirm?
Last edited by Kaukasus on May 1, 2016, 12:24:10 PM
Last bumped on May 29, 2016, 5:10:33 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
The clones you create are minions that use your bow and quiver, but they do not get other items or stats you may have. So any non-minion specific nodes on the passive tree will not affect them.

If you are creating clones while using Death's Harp they should be firing 2 arrows with every shot they do, and I wasn't able to get a situation where this wasn't the case. Can you let me know the exact gem setup you were using where they weren't firing two arrows?
I've just double checked once again after having not touched the matter anymore since I've addressed my concern.
- Well, I could not see any missing arrows anymore, either. So, my item no. 1 is therefore settled I believe...

As for no. 2 and your reply on the related mechanics I've been at least quite curious why the support gem "Chain" works perfectly with the clones and "Ricochet" that is supposed to improve every skill (these clones are part of skills) does not apply - not even when the clones have explicitly gained the capability to chain by gem.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to verify whether the Skeleton Archers from "Vaal Summon Skeletons" would chain with Ricochet (+ Chain) or any Spectres.

I would highly appreciate it if you can take another look at this specifically.

Thanks & Regards,
DolleTolle
Minions never benefit from your passives, unless it specifically says that they do.

If the initial mirror arrow attack could chain, then it would benefit from ricochet. But otherwise the minions won't. This is a pretty basic concept about how minions work. If your normal passives boosted minions, then minions would be insanely strong.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info