trouble with lighting arrow templar

Cruel dif Piety murders me, fire and ice form 2-4 hit me. Usually playing hide and seek with ice form to dodge arrmow, and run from fire.
Ran out of portal scrolls now ;)
resists are 75, 2k life.
armor is crap as items are bad

My item:

my build http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAP0EswVbDH0QfxRNFLAWbxdQGF0aOB0UJKoyiTbpPAVDY0bXTC1N2FXGV-JY9VnzYG1mnme9cU135YFvgh6DOIuMjHaPRpBVms-boZ2AncSePJ_fogCnCKeErJi0-bcxuJPAGsaez2XQ0Nrd2wvhc-Nq7DjtIO5v73zwH_fX-tI=

any ideas? ; )
100% need new gear haha
if you have anal with a buffalo...your gonna have a bad time
So even for cruel dif i gotta start trading stuff?

Am also thinking it might be a damage thing.

I also got a same lvl marauder, who got like twice as much dps -.-
well honestly your damage wont come till you get a better bow also your missing chain. if you are actually gonna do lightning arrow temp you need LmP/CHain/Weapon elemental damge(optional)

SO essentially for max damage you need AT LEAST a 4L bow
if you have anal with a buffalo...your gonna have a bad time
chain's being a bitch, doesn't want to drop ;(
and how the fuk u play this as a ranger with 60 dex??
You may want to cap all of you resistance.

You take EB as your passive skill, so I assume you are running some auras? I see Purity and Haste.

There are 2 steps to deal with Piety, you need a very cheap attack A to constantly spam at her to keep her energy shield from regenerating. And you need another attack B which can take her HP.

I see that you have lightning arrow + add weapon elemental damage + add lightning damage + LMP, it looks decent enough to me. This can serve as the attack B, time the gap between her forms.

Your boots have 4L and let's make full use of it,
(1) Chromatic it to have a red slot, then put a spell totem + (any cheap spell, like Arc) + (any other 2 support to boost damage while your mana can still spam it). Arc will target anything so it may or may not always hit her (try to put the totem as near to her as possible), it is a relatively safe way as attack A.

(2) or spell totem + summon skeletons to keep her busy, but skeletons have to be supported by at least minion life.

Cast the totem near Piety when you are hiding from the freezing arrows/lightning ball, it is possible to do it behind the pillar.

It may take a while, but it is doable (always open a portal so that you can port out when you are low on flasks)

The idea is to maintain a mid range from her (if you get caught by freezing arrow at close range, it is quite deadly) while still manage to stop her energy shield regeneration (totem in this case) and destroy her life slowly (lightning arrow). And kill all those mobs spawn before dealing with her.

Traps are good but their range is short. If you do not have a spell totem, let's see what we can do.
Last edited by katsukilove on Feb 18, 2013, 7:26:45 PM
seems i forgot to post my armor

using discipline, clarity and purity from auras.

resists are maxed.

tried skeles, they bit weak, die in seconds , ) low lvl gem
and no spell totem.

Supose i stock up on portal scrolls and give it another shot ; )

"
pufulin wrote:

what 60 dex? got 208 dex, 197 int, 127 str atm
You're going in the completely wrong direction with passives in this build at the moment. From the beginning you can assume that your gear pre-Merciless is going to be terrible. It's no fault of your own. The intent of getting Eldritch Battery is to increase your mana pool so you can carry more auras and subsequently do more elemental damage with Lightning Arrow. You can pretty much forget that when you can't live to do the damage - like you are struggling with now. It looks to me like you are getting 111 energy shield from gear. To me that is not a terribly large amount of mana to gain even after it is multiplied by your 197 Int.

My approach has been to focus primarily on survivability. At this point you have 64 passive points to allocate. Try taking away points from the Northern part of the tree until you get to the Divine Toughness life node. I would also remove the two Body and Soul groups. You're losing a lot of armor/energy shield multipliers there but look at it this way: You don't have much armor and ES to begin with so how would those points be better used? My opinion is a health pool. Work your way towards the Marauder starting area - pick up Resolute Technique along the way - and drop down in between Diamond Skin and Heart of the Gladiator. Take both. You're gaining a lot more STR so the Life, Fitness, Divine Toughness, etc. nodes have just become much more valuable.

Additionally, just like a previous poster stated, use a low mana cost high damage skill to attack Piety. However, Lightning Arrow does not seem like the best choice for this. I'd say use Burning Arrow. The base mana cost is lower, it does not have damage reduction as a consequence of the support gems, and it just plain hits hard. This is a perfect single-target attack. Lightning arrow is great for blowing up groups, however, it becomes less effective when there are fewer grouped enemies.

You should be able to max resists by taking the applicable nodes along the path I've made for you. I'm not sure how exactly you're sitting without Body and Soul, Purity, etc., but you can play around with which nodes are chosen as you need.

Another thing I've realized about this LA build is that it works VERY well with Soul Siphon. Why do you need Clarity if every mob you're killing is giving you 25 mana? Your Lightning Arrow costs around 60-65 mana and you're gaining 25 per mob killed. It works great with her trash.

I didn't intend for this to run as long as it did. I wish you luck!

[dbLinkedItem id="1641187" inline="0"]
Last edited by mburne on Feb 19, 2013, 1:02:09 PM
"
Nardae wrote:
seems i forgot to post my armor

using discipline, clarity and purity from auras.

resists are maxed.

tried skeles, they bit weak, die in seconds , ) low lvl gem
and no spell totem.

Supose i stock up on portal scrolls and give it another shot ; )

"
pufulin wrote:

what 60 dex? got 208 dex, 197 int, 127 str atm

if you still struggling to kill her, may be try to use some chaos damage to prevent her shield to regenerate.

And it seems the latest patch balanced her lightning ball damage especially in normal/cruel, so it may be less tedious now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info