GGG Could you PLZ add some forum sheriff.

The beta forum are turning into a troll heaven, and because off that you get alot less feedback & start getting a bad reputation.
Since this are happening in closed beta, how will it look when it goes open beta or worse when it goes live.

From another off my posts:

"
DrTenma wrote:
What's up with these alpha testers, every time i see one i know i'm going to read some fanboyism crap.
My theory is they are actually ggg staff on troll mode.
/tinfoilhat

I have alot off complaints from the clan DA members inhere & also from the clan DARK- matters members ( our sister clan ).
Most arent posting because off ( alpha) people like him.
I think its months ago we clan DA admins asked for some real sheriff in PoE forum to kick / bann or warn the trolls.
I foresee alot off not so nice feedback for this game because off people like him.

sry for the rant.
Last edited by Jetcutter on Jan 9, 2012, 5:04:10 PM
should have been a pm, this is just fanning the flames imo.
~SotW HC Guild~

Actually 1 off my fellow staff members had this conversation with Chris in November.
And nothing happened, besides its getting worse.

I posted this on behalf off the 10 +++ clan members with beta keys, not posting inhere because off it.

If i get trolled because off it, then it proves my point.

D-molisher clan DA staff.
Last edited by Jetcutter on Jan 9, 2012, 4:56:25 PM
I do not believe that DrTenna is an alpha member, in fact I think the alpha member he was mentioning in that post is me...

I assure you it is not my intention to troll people (although i do admit that sometimes I am a bit more sarcastic then I need to be). Either way, issues with alpha members or anyone else shouldn't cause you to stop posting suggestions or problems you may have... just like the real world, people will disagree with you.

Now, if the problem is someone just replying back with nonsense or hurtful/racist/sexist (or whatever) comments... thats a whole other issue.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
Haters gonna hate.
I watch these forums fairly closely and I try to stay on top of bad behavior. Yes there have been disagreements. These happen when people have different views. I'm not going to shut down a thread every time someone disagrees with someone else because every thread would get locked. Sure there might be some insults thrown around now and then. Again, this stuff happens so I suggest you grow a thicker skin because I'm not going to lock an entire thread because of one or two bad posts. I'm not here to hold your hand and wipe your tears and tell you that all your ideas and opinions are right.

That being said, if you see some behavior getting out of hand then please PM me, one of the other Moderators, or one of the GGG staff and we'll look into it and take whatever action we feel is appropriate.
Forum Sheriff
Some people need to learn to take criticism, or be open to the fact that in most of the world people have the right of free speech. As long as that freedom of speech is not insulting or illegal,they should toughen up and take it.
RIP Bolto
Last edited by Covert on Jan 9, 2012, 7:22:01 PM
i love this place due to the fact that the mods are very light handed.

i love this dev team. its why im still playing night after night because i believe they are on the right track and i love seeing all the patches cause the game to slowly evolve.

due to this i will defend GGG when i think they are unfairly being flamed. to those doing the flaming that would make me a fanboi i guess, but to me im just sticking up for a team that is doing great work. just like they need to hear when things are wrong...they need to hear from me if i think things are right.

if posters cant handle being disagreed with then message boards are not for them.

~SotW HC Guild~

Last edited by scorpitron on Jan 9, 2012, 7:31:37 PM
"
Covert wrote:
Some people need to learn to take criticism, or be open to the fact that in most of the world people have the right of free speech. As long as that freedom of speech is not insulting or illegal,they should toughen up and take it.
Most of the world? Well, I can't fault your optimism at least. Even here in Australia, a relatively free society, there's no right to free speech.

Edit: oops, for a moment I thought this was that "What's coming, Chris?" thread. Rest of the post removed.
Last edited by GusTheCrocodile on Jan 9, 2012, 7:51:10 PM
"
Covert wrote:

Ok, I will start here.
This is a free to play game in it's end, correct?
I have been (and am) a Forum moderator on several gamesites such as Two Worlds 1 and 2 ingame and forum moderation.

I also feel that Alpha testers need to be a bit more tolerant of newbies, and consider themselves "Enbassaries" of the game's final presentation to the general public.

Yes,Tpapp157, I see ya working. but you need some Deputies, especially in Game, or It's gonna Dry up except to Spamming children., and draw no game core.

My 2 cents.
An old man

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info