Red Maps Done Quick challenge

2:33 | 123% unid corrupted | no pack size | monster speed | ascendancy wander 194/425 mf ( 194IIQ/425IIR with the distillate active, only for this map i used vinktar so not always active )

81k hideout dps, 8,5k ES 35%eva 33%block with tempest shield

can't value the cost of the gear since it's mf, you could have the same result with 200ex non mf gear

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/InAshesTheyShallReap/characters
DestroyEveryThing for the tree
Last edited by InAshesTheyShallReap on Apr 17, 2016, 2:11:47 PM
Nice run. That gear is hilariously OP. I don't know if it's worth getting these days compared to regular DPS gear since you will have more than 6 portals of loot even without this gear in most maps. But I may be saying that just because I'm jealous.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
i had 290k dps before ascendancy when i tried conservatory, herald of ice dual curse so no curse on the boss

now with 150k dps but with projectile weakness curse on the boss (75% less effect of the curse ), 1 more projectile and vinktar, i killed the boss in less than half time with half tooltip dps.

there is always the doubt that maybe this time i did place frost wall better than the other time but i dont think so

these map runs should be done without vinktar to REALLY see the difference between builds and the time needed to clear the map

ANY build is super with legacy vinktar, it's like cheating
Last edited by InAshesTheyShallReap on Apr 17, 2016, 3:19:26 PM
Recorded 1 of each of the maps mentioned in the OP while leveling. I picked up loot, opened most chests and generally went back for lone survivors like I normally would. I marked my gear as 750ex, but most of that comes from a 250% legacy shavs and a mirrored vagan dagger. A normal shavs and a regular multimodded vagan dagger would give almost the same results, so that would reduce the price by 550-600ex.

I rolled maps like I normally do. Either for double packsize or packsize + more magics, then go. There weren't any particularly hard maps, but once I've rolled my packsize, I don't reroll it.

Village Ruin
2:57 | 109%Q | 28%P | Enfeeble+27% more life | Pathfinder Cyclone CoC (750ex)

Waterways
3:09 | 120%Q | 29%P | Enfeeble+27% more life | Pathfinder Cyclone CoC (750ex)

Shrine
3:11 | 107%Q | 28%P | Pathfinder Cyclone CoC (750ex)

Conservatory
3:07 | 110%Q | 29%P | Reduced dmg from crits | Pathfinder Cyclone CoC (750ex)

Palace
3:42 | 92%Q | 14%P+30%Magics | Enfeeble | Pathfinder Cyclone CoC (750ex)

Core
4:53 | 127%Q | 14%P+21%Magics | Vul, 91% extra dmg as cold, 44% more life, double boss | Pathfinder Cyclone CoC (750ex)
Thanks for the runs. Added them to OP.

Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 6:53:34 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
Matrix when will you add your submissions?

What do you mean? Did I miss someone? I added alexlulz, InAshes, and Exiled.

There are a few of mine in there too.

Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 6:56:20 PM
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
Not bad ideas, but hard to quantify precisely, and in the end subjective. For instance survival rates that you think are bad I may deem acceptable and prefer higher clearspeed. Likewise what you consider "full retard mirrored bis" I may consider "reasonable budget," etc. IMO just better to post the build and price, and let people decide for themselves what's the most impressive to them.

Again, the reason I'm doing this thread is just to see what builds actually clear fast in maps with a variety of layouts. And so people who say they have amazing clearspeed can back it up.

... clear speed vs survival is not subjective. You can disagree with the numbers, but that just makes you wrong, it's not a difference of opinion. Based on precise clear speed and consistent survival % you can actually get a precise amount of time you'll have to play before leveling. The only point at which this stops being relevant is when you're grinding for loot instead of exp (which is clearly not what that other person was talking about).

But I do agree about your point re: reasonable budget.
Last edited by codetaku on Apr 29, 2016, 1:45:26 PM
"

... clear speed vs survival is not subjective. You can disagree with the numbers, but that just makes you wrong, it's not a difference of opinion. Based on precise clear speed and consistent survival % you can actually get a precise amount of time you'll have to play before leveling. The only point at which this stops being relevant is when you're grinding for loot instead of exp (which is clearly not what that other person was talking about).

But I do agree about your point re: reasonable budget.

To define a survival percent you have to define the number of situations you survive vs. the total number of situations you encounter. If player A only rolls blue gorges and has 100% survival there, it's not the same as player B who runs corrupted t14s and t15s and has 98% survival there. Because it's so hard to quantify "total number of situations" objectively any notion of "survival" becomes subjective.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info