I figuratively barfed.

why not :D

infact atziri vid are more appealing at youtube
Last edited by pl3rious on Apr 6, 2016, 5:46:58 AM
"
pl3rious wrote:

Because it's one fight with very specific mechanics that favor certain setups. A benchmark needs to be as universal as possible, from that standpoint Atziri would be one of the worst possible benchmarks in the game, if not the worst.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
pl3rious wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
pl3rious wrote:
atziri and uber atziri would be good benchmark

I figuratively barfed.

It's about as meaningful and as much of a noob trap as double core malachai with vulnerability and boss damage unless you're the single person in all of poe history to manage to have enough currency to grind from level 95 to 100 on nothing but ubers.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
raics wrote:
"
pl3rious wrote:

Because it's one fight with very specific mechanics that favor certain setups. A benchmark needs to be as universal as possible, from that standpoint Atziri would be one of the worst possible benchmarks in the game, if not the worst.

imo i dont see any disadvantages to certain build while doing atziri or uber map

while core have 2 major issue: invisible traps and nightmare to melee build (except with the guy using block,static strike,lifegainonhit build)

T14 & T15 acceptable, but not core

cheers mate :)
"
Nephalim wrote:

It's about as meaningful and as much of a noob trap as double core malachai with vulnerability and boss damage unless you're the single person in all of poe history to manage to have enough currency to grind from level 95 to 100 on nothing but ubers.

my bad. im missing the point about the grinding :(. but getting core map for leveling from 95 to 100 is also kinda hard
Last edited by pl3rious on Apr 6, 2016, 6:11:44 AM
"
pl3rious wrote:
while core have 2 major issue: invisible traps and nightmare to melee build (except with the guy using block,static strike,lifegainonhit build)

T14 & T15 acceptable, but not core

Honestly, I don't think that a good way to benchmark a build even exists, just saying Atziri would be an especially bad one.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Nephalim wrote:
unless you're the single person in all of poe history to manage to have enough currency to grind from level 95 to 100 on nothing but ubers.

L O L that guys wasn't even close to the first person ever and he isn't the last person to do so either.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
"
headhunter makes it a grind like u will need a haste aura , 2nd when u have a filter that hides everything people wont notice u not picking up semi valuable stuff i think u should rethink the rules maybe a core only run? will make people impossible to gear for speed and makes shit builds struggle aswell idk why u would pick items up in a "speed" run u can do that after too

Removed HH, and made picking up items optional. The spirit of the challenge is to complete the maps the way you would normally play while focused/trying at 100%. For example it would not be in the spirit of the challenge to use RF + Blood rage if you don't normally use it.

--------------

I also added some T12,13,15 maps that have consistent layouts so people who don't have 14s can also participate.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
amazing thread idea, pls do y selection between sdt/SC League and hc/HC league. otherwise it's awefully to compete with sdt only players as league only player :(
Whats missing and can not be measured so easily is consistency, cost performance ratio, affix versatility and survival rates.

survival rates - A guy doing 1 minute gorge runs that dies once every 100 runs will level slower than a guy doing 1:30 minute gorge runs who dies once every 800 runs past a certain point. A sample size of 1 can not measure this.

affix versatility - Similarly, given two equally fast and survivalable builds, the one that can do the harder map affix combinations is superior. Anyone ever showcase dual reflect temp chain gorge or vulnerability dual boss palace? didn't think so.

cost ratio - The build that can get the most exp/min factoring in gear cost is superior. Given the stupid amount of currency for basically all of the racer builds its really pointless to make assumptions when only .01% of the population could ever hope to achieve. People don't care that youve spent several thousand exalts to make a video of you doing a map 10-20% faster than a build made with under 40 exalts.

The ideal build is one that can be built on a new league for relatively cheaply and can power level to 100 faster than competing builds. You should really separate rankings into:
1) full retard mirrored bis standard roftcopter
2) reasonable budget standard player
3) new league no lifer
4) new league casual player
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Apr 6, 2016, 12:18:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info