Red Maps Done Quick challenge

By now most of us are familiar with the Gorge clearspeed challenge. Gorge was a great benchmark when Skyforth created the challenge in 1.1.5. That's because people would run the gorge blue, and people would also run the highest tier 78s blue with packsize as well.

These days those of use who like mapping to 100 don't just do blue maps. I mean with some builds you could chain gorges and get exp comparable to t14-15s, but it's mind-numbing after a while. So I would like to create different kind of clear speed challenge:

Rules
  • T12: Village Ruin, T13: Waterways T14 maps: Shrine, Palace, Conservatory T15: Core, Colosseum. These maps were selected because they test your character's single target damage, its ability to move around obstacles quickly, and its aoe damage.
  • Boss dead and 30 or fewer remaining. For Core only the minibosses must be killed, so you just have to open the portal to the black heart.
  • Roll the maps how you would normally roll them (at least alch them)
  • Please don't use headhunter/inspired learning, otherwise this may become a "farm the most quick+hasted rares challenge"
  • Pickng up loot is optional, but it is encouraged.

The spirit of the challenge is to simply time your maps the way you normally play them in fully focused mode. The purpose is to stratify builds into tiers in terms of how they do in end game maps. Unlike the gorge challenge, it is not my intent to find the absolute fastest/build player for a particular map, because there's too much variance in layouts/mobs to give meaning to differences of 5seconds.

Please submit your runs in the following format:
Vod (link title should be run length) | Map type | IIQ | Pack | Notable mods | your build (approx gear cost in standard)

Top 10 runs in each map:

Village Ruin

2:57 | 109%Q | 28%P | Enfeeble+27% more life | Pathfinder Cyclone CoC (750ex)

Waterways

2:19 | 70%Q | 10% P | elemental equilibrium | Pathfinder Wander (800ex)

3:09 | 120%Q | 29%P | Enfeeble+27% more life | Pathfinder Cyclone CoC (750ex)

Conservatory

2:33 | 123% unid corrupted | no pack size | monster speed | ascendancy wander 191/425 mf (200ex)

3:07 | 110%Q | 29%P | Reduced dmg from crits | Pathfinder Cyclone CoC (750ex)

3:08 | 191 | 44 | Temp chains + Enfeeble | Pathfinder Wander (800ex)

Palace

3:42 | 92%Q | 14%P+30%Magics | Enfeeble | Pathfinder Cyclone CoC (750ex)

Shrine

2:38 | 91 | 14 | 2boss | Pathfinder wander (800ex)

3:11 | 107%Q | 28%P | Pathfinder Cyclone CoC (750ex)

Core

4:53 | 127%Q | 14%P+21%Magics | Vul, 91% extra dmg as cold, 44% more life, double boss | Pathfinder Cyclone CoC (750ex)

Colosseum

3:00 | 116 | 29 | temp chains | Inquistor Vspark/spark (200ex)

Runs with Headhunter

Palace
2:44 | 112Q | 15 | 60%regen - immune to elements- phys reflect | Lowlife Spark | lost count on exalted
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Last edited by MatrixFactor on May 2, 2016, 12:51:20 PM
Last bumped on Jul 22, 2016, 1:46:41 PM

________
"
That's because people would run the gorge blue

LOL, people would run white gorges back in the day, now they run blue/rare.

All you need to get good time on gorge:
- good RNG to roll small amount of monster with small hp (no bears with Otherworldly plox) in small map
- enough dps to one hit mobs
- no defense
- everything rest in movement speed.

It is sad that a lot of players still think gorge is good benchmark.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Apr 6, 2016, 1:59:46 AM
"
kamil1210 wrote:

________
"
That's because people would run the gorge blue

LOL, people would run white gorges back in the day, now they run blue/rare.

All you need to get good time on gorge:
- good RNG to roll small amount of monster with small hp (no bears with Otherworldly plox) in small map
- enough dps to one hit mobs
- no defense
- everything rest in movement speed.

It is sad that a lot of players still think gorge is good benchmark.

Gorge runs can be summed up below:

"
Look at me do slightly faster gorge runs that the next idiot with 2000 exalts of gear and 4000 ES + blood rage!
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Apr 6, 2016, 2:17:09 AM
To be fair, you're right with everything you said. But despite all of that I think Gorge should stay as the main benchmark simply because of its layout. Consistency is important when it comes to benchmarking things and Gorge has by the far best and most consistent layout of all top maps.

Maybe soon with the new league or new expansion we might get a T12-13 Gorge-like or at least Ledge-like map that would be a good fit.
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
"
MatrixFactor wrote:

[li]Use whatever gear you normally map with (headhunter is fine)[/li]
[li]Pick up the loot you would normally pick up when mapping. A rough guideline is that everything worth at least 1 chaos should be picked up.[/li]

Can you remove that last requirement ? How do you know something is worth at least 1 chaos ? Currency and 6 sockets item is easy. But what about rares ? Id them all very fast ?

Also the headhunter builds should be in a separate category.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
"
rockmassif wrote:
To be fair, you're right with everything you said. But despite all of that I think Gorge should stay as the main benchmark simply because of its layout. Consistency is important when it comes to benchmarking things and Gorge has by the far best and most consistent layout of all top maps.

Maybe soon with the new league or new expansion we might get a T12-13 Gorge-like or at least Ledge-like map that would be a good fit.

We already have a good fit. Core map has a very consistent layout and is perfect for people like thread starter who has 1000ex worth of gear XD
headhunter makes it a grind like u will need a haste aura , 2nd when u have a filter that hides everything people wont notice u not picking up semi valuable stuff i think u should rethink the rules maybe a core only run? will make people impossible to gear for speed and makes shit builds struggle aswell idk why u would pick items up in a "speed" run u can do that after too
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
Last edited by Fyndel on Apr 6, 2016, 4:13:25 AM
atziri and uber atziri would be good benchmark
use core as a benchmark request gear showing initially. put headhunter in a seperate category as again this would depend on the luck of the draw on the mods you recieve. If you wish to benchmark then benchmark on multiple factors like surviveability, damage and speed. score each factor based on 1-10 this way you get rid of people only going for speed and you get a proper viability benchmark.

What really is interesting in a benchmark is what a build can do wholesomely not how fast people can run as it means zero if it can only do high speed equipped with gear that only favours offense & movement.

Evaluating a build based on speed only is like evaluating a car on top speed without brakes working. How useful is that???
"
pl3rious wrote:
atziri and uber atziri would be good benchmark

I figuratively barfed.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info