How does partying work in PoE?

I must be missing smth -

Is there any more practical way for partying up while in the game.

I go into town, there are a bunch of people, and finding one who meets my requirements is a daunting task.

Typing in global chat almost always yields no success for me, I presume because people either have it hidden (because of the trolling nature of it) or text scrolls down so fast that my offer gets outspoken. Or perhaps people simply don't have time to look at the global chat.

Whatever the case may be, I suggest some more intuitive and easier way for party finding - two main criteria - current quest and level.
2 things are working against people wanting to party:

1 the xp arent as fast as soloing.
2 drops are shared, so its like in old D2 the greedy ones get all drops.

I hope they change this, but not shure.

If you are looking to party, try find an active clan in PoE.
Most clans run together anyway & sharing loot isnt a problem among friends, compaired to with strangers.

I only party clan DA or DARK-matters, no strangers because off ( shared ) loot mechanics.
Last edited by Jetcutter on Jan 9, 2012, 4:30:34 PM
"
Jetcutter wrote:
2 things are working against people wanting to party:

1 the xp arent as fast as soloing.
2 drops are shared, so its like in old D2 the greedy ones get all drops.

I hope they change this, but not shure.

If you are looking to party, try find an active clan in PoE.
Most clans run together anyway & sharing loot isnt a problem among friends, compaired to with strangers.

I only party clan DA or DARK-matters, no strangers because off ( shared ) loot mechanics.

The cutthroat debate rages for some time now.

All these issues mentioned are valid concerns, and I do hope they solve it (casting my vote for allocated loot), but besides that, I do hope they solve this technical issue of the matter (like, creating instance channels, like in diablo, or some advanced in-game search options with the above mentioned criteria, and invite button for the chosen player).

Clan... Would be nice, although I don't know if I'll have the time or will to petition for one, as I presume, there will be rigorous entry requirements for any of them.

Thanks for advice though.
Another problem may be that are no real public parties yet, you can't just sit in town and let people know with an indicator over your head that you are a party leader, looking to join a party, etc.

You have to use chat which like you said a lot of people ignore or just don't pay attention too.

It also seems like right now a majority of the players are either very low level, or near level 60. If you are anywhere in between it may be more difficult finding a party. Hopefully this wont be as much problem once there are more people playing.
the easiest way i can see for the near future would be to just a a party screen like D2 showing people who are currently in town so if you see someone in town with a similar level you can just invite to party, sure it will only work if someone is in town is the same level as you but its a start.
I like to Party.
"
Genocyder wrote:
the easiest way i can see for the near future would be to just a a party screen like D2 showing people who are currently in town so if you see someone in town with a similar level you can just invite to party, sure it will only work if someone is in town is the same level as you but its a start.

I agree with this the partying system in D2 was effective, or a party/player searching function where you can see people online, their level/location or such.
I never really gotten into a party yet.. and im soon lvl30.. kinda sad.
All the social/trading features aren't in yet, currently there is only basic functionality. You'll notice there are a couple of UI panels that basically don't do anything at the moment. Global chat is also bound to be temporary.

So there is "something" on the way, who knows what it will look like, but you can be sure that partying will be much easier in the future.
/invite username

press s to see invite requests
I like to Party.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info