[2.2] Kaom's Molten Fortress || EE Righteous Fire Hypertank || 8K+ Life 73/60 Block Fortify

This build requires no legacy gear, even though i am using legacy blood dance, you don't need them for the build to function.

Build Thesis
Spoiler
We take as many life nodes as humanly possible, allowing us to achieve over 8k life with a non-legacy kaoms.

We are blood magic, but Essence worm ring allows us to run Purity of Fire for free.

We are Elemental Equilibrium, so this means you must have 1 piece of gear that adds cold or lightning damage to your attacks. you also must have no added fire damage to attacks.

We use cyclone as our main attack supported by Fortify + Curse on Hit + Flammability

Our main links for RF yield the highest possible dps: RF + Elemental Focus + Increased Burning Damage + Concentrated Effect

Stats
Spoiler

8,300+ life

73/60 Block/Spell Block

88% Fire resistance

Fortify

Cannot be stunned (while cycloning)

Excellent clear speed

Gear
Spoiler

and on weapon swap for curse immune maps
Spoiler

Ascendancy
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/ascendancy/classes/Ascendant
As the ascendant, we have the most versatile ascendancy path. This build can function on many combinations, but i've elected to take Gladiator + Trickster.

Gladiator gives us block, gives us spell block, and gives us the chance to cause bleed on hit.

Trickster gives us insane life regen on kill, and increased damage

Tree (Level 88)

Hardcore viable?
Spoiler
Yeah, i'd say so.
IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
Last edited by lDantonl on Apr 19, 2016, 11:29:06 AM
Last bumped on Jun 25, 2016, 9:51:10 PM
[Reserved]
Added stats
Video coming soon
looks cool, can't wait for the video !
btw have you thought about cyclone with reverse knockback (empire's grasp unique gloves) and +aoe (gem and skill nodes from scion area) for easier clear ?
"
laik89 wrote:
looks cool, can't wait for the video !
btw have you thought about cyclone with reverse knockback (empire's grasp unique gloves) and +aoe (gem and skill nodes from scion area) for easier clear ?

while an interesting idea, this build needs as much flat life and resistances as humanly possible. Dropping rare gloves with high res and life for ones without just isn't viable for the build.
Out of curiosity, when did you start using RF, as soon as you were able to equip rise of the phoenix/essence worm?
"
ℝelysis wrote:
Out of curiosity, when did you start using RF, as soon as you were able to equip rise of the phoenix/essence worm?

Well i respecced an old character so i didn't actually go through a leveling process. i can update the build with one if you'd like.
Thanks for posting. I was wondering if it would be better or viable somehow if we don't take the blood magic keystone and use blood magic gem instead. This way, essence worm is not needed and we can also use more auras like ice nova or something to proc EE. Are there any advantages to using BM keystone over the gem?

Also, Wouldn't it be better to use Rainbowstride boots to get more spell block?
"
Hulaku wrote:
Thanks for posting. I was wondering if it would be better or viable somehow if we don't take the blood magic keystone and use blood magic gem instead. This way, essence worm is not needed and we can also use more auras like ice nova or something to proc EE. Are there any advantages to using BM keystone over the gem?

Also, Wouldn't it be better to use Rainbowstride boots to get more spell block?

Good questions, i'll try to answer them as best as i can.

"
Hulaku wrote:
any advantages to using BM keystone over the gem?

RF's damage is based on your maximum health. More health = more RF burn damage. This means high life is a top priority because it increases our damage and tankiness at the same time.

The Blood magic keystone gates the three most efficient life nodes in the game. 2 10%'s and a 15%. This is the main reason we choose blood magic.

"
Hulaku wrote:
better if we don't take blood magic keystone and use blood magic gem instead

We don't really take blood magic for it's affect, but it's life nodes behind it. I wouldn't even run the gem if i wasn't using the blood magic keystone node.

"
Hulaku wrote:
Wouldn't it be better to use Rainbowstride boots to get more spell block?

The blood dance boots are far better. The life regeneration and damage provided by frenzy charges is very important. I would sooner swap them out for high life/resi armour boots before i would choose rainbows, 60% spell block is more than enough.

"
Hulaku wrote:
ice nova or something to proc EE.

Standing still to cast ice nova is very inefficient. In my current build, we attack with cyclone which has just a little added cold damage from jewellery to proc EE. This means we can be mobile and be unstunnable while cycloning.

Last edited by lDantonl on Apr 18, 2016, 10:12:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info