[2.2] Low Life Tri-Curse Poison Essence Drain Occultist - Uber Viable, 10k+ ES, 40k+ DoT dps

Hi,

I have L20/Q20 Temp. Chains in Heretic's Veil, with curse effectiveness from Whispers of Doom(10) and Hex Master(10) clusters.
Gem tooltip says: Cursed enemies are 40% slower.

If i spec in Skittering Runes (+20% curse effectiveness), tooltip doesn't change.

Is there a cap for slowing effect of Temp. Chains?
"
Darkith1546 wrote:

I rolled these colors on my shavs and I was trying to think of what gems I would use with it. My initial idea was to use:

ED - Controlled Destruction - Poison - Pierce - Void Manip - Rapid Decay

And NOT use a Consuming Dark since my ED will be using the poison gem and instead using a really nice wand with high spell damage and cast speed/proj speed. However, I'm not sure if this idea will work since I'm not sure the poison will spread via Contagion since poison is not linked to it.

Maybe a Bino's dagger will work. I'm only level 49 so I'll need to level up some more to test these ideas but I was curious about your thoughts on my gems setup. Keep in mind I do have a level 3 empower, which I would like to use, but I have been unable to roll the needed colors yet 3g2b1r.

These colors are not bad at all. My suggestion would be to run ED - Controlled Destruction - Pierce - Void Manipulation - Rapid Decay - Slower Projectiles and use a consuming dark.

Slower projectiles is 29% MORE damage at level 20. You won't find a wand that can top that. A level 20 slower projectiles is similar in damage to a level 3 empower.
If you want to spread the poison you're gonna have to use Binos, Contagion will only spread ED. Linking Contagion to Poison won't do anything. Contagion doesn't hit and can therefore not poison. But spreading poison is honestly not needed, the dot damage is absolutely sufficient for clearing trash. The only place where you need more damage in form of poison are bosses and Bino won't do anything for you there.

"
Zalehavac wrote:
If i spec in Skittering Runes (+20% curse effectiveness), tooltip doesn't change.

Is there a cap for slowing effect of Temp. Chains?

For your first question: Never trust tooltips. Curse effectiveness doesn't show in the tooltip for whatever reason.

For your second question: Yes there is a slow cap, it's at 75% slow (combined slow from all sources). Between Temporal Chains with curse effectiveness + enhance and the chill from arctic armour this build has no trouble reaching that. Keep in mind however that curses are only 60% effective on bosses so reaching 75% slow on those is a lot harder.
someone interested to make a offer xD?
I managed to scrape together enough currency for a 5L shavs, and at level 73 this build is absolutely fantastic! However, getting the money for Heretic's Veil was out of the question, so I made do without it... But then an exalt dropped, and looking at my currency, I might be able to get one, and an enhance. My question is: Why? It seems like I can spend 2 ex to save 2 points on my tree...

At 40% curse effect, and a 20q Temp Chains, A Heretic's Veil with a level 2 enhance is 61.6% slower, whereas with a 20q blasphemy it's 60% slower. The enhance does very little to the other two curses, and the levels don't make a huge difference, so the only thing is the mana multiplier. This would let me go down to 16% mana reserved, but that's only 2 points, and I'd likely have to spec at least one of them into ES in order to make up for the ES I lose by swapping to Heretic's Veil.

TL;DR Heretic's Veil looks like a very expensive alternative that is very little benefit, not sure why I should use it?

PS. I call it very expensive because it costs the same as a shavs in this league...
I should probably update the gear section. A 20q Blasphemy is about equal to a level 2 enhance as you pointed out. Ultimately you'd want to use a level 3 or 4 enhance and you need the extra mana reservation to make that work. But until you have that any rare helmet with 200+ ES should be fine.
Ah ok, thanks for the reply. Guess I have to farm more to get a level 3 enhance. Still seems like a lot of currency for the size of the benefit though... Might just spend the money on good ES gear instead :/
Ok, so maybe I am missing something, but I have copied this build as best I can from a Shadow start, and I am not able to run Grace and AA with a level 21 Blood Magic. I also only have 50 mana with all 3 curses running on Blasphemy.

Can someone take a look and tell me what I am doing wrong? I am on my Shadow, lvl 85 if you want to look on my profile.

Thanks!
You're supposed to run Discipline and AA on life. To run grace you need a prism guardian. You're also missing one mana reservation node on the tree (below hex master) and you haven't taken the mana nodes that gate two jewel slots.

Is there a reason you picked assassin? The assassin nodes do pretty much nothing for this build, if you go shadow you should take the trickster ascendancy.
"
You're supposed to run Discipline and AA on life. To run grace you need a prism guardian. You're also missing one mana reservation node on the tree (below hex master) and you haven't taken the mana nodes that gate two jewel slots.

Is there a reason you picked assassin? The assassin nodes do pretty much nothing for this build, if you go shadow you should take the trickster ascendancy.

My mistake, I meant I was running Discipline. So, I had Discipline, AA, and Blood Magic linked, but wasnt able to run AA when I had Discipline on, so not sure what I am missing. My BM is level 21.
You're missing 4% reduced mana reserved from the tree. To run this setup you need 16% reduced reservation from the tree. You only have 12%. Pick up the first node of the Influence cluster.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info