Moar Chaos Areas?

"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
"
aurisacra wrote:
It makes my head hurt to see ppl in the 75-77 range on the ladder.... why would one punish themselves so? lol
Yes, it's ironic that some of those people will argue that playing another character through the content is boring and a waste of time, but they'll grind Chaos for days and days for just a couple levels that don't mean anything.

I guess a ladder standing is motivation, wouldn't do it myself though
"
Letamol wrote:
Yeah, I can understand that people want to be high on the ladder since this is a competitively ranked game, but it's going to be wiped anyway. In the released version, being high on the ladder is a form of prestige. In the beta, though, it just means that you spent most of your time in the beta playing 1 character through the exact same areas over and over and over instead of trying and testing multiple things.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Last edited by WhiteBoy on Jan 9, 2012, 9:28:14 PM
"
dspair wrote:
Remove the caves map, the only thing I ask. Or at least make it smaller.
The rainy jungle map is annoying too, just because of trees constantly blocking your view.

I think you should make a chaos map entirely composed of hallways crowded with large LoS blocking pillars, just for this guy. :-)

Caves is pretty much the only chaos map I play on my spark witch anymore. It can do the others, sure, but it takes quite a bit longer than the 12 minutes it takes me to blow thru a cave map. One character's most hated map is another build's heaven.

If anything, I think there should be MORE indoor chaos maps. Too many people design their characters around ideal grinding in chaos, when the real endgame content may end up being nothing like it. Chaos should be a good overall representative of the rest of the game, just to let people know strengths and weaknesses in endgame builds. And it's not like people won't skip the maps they don't like anyway...
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
It would take quite a dramatic amount of design and effort on GGG's part to produce something notably different from Chaos.

Perhaps the mythical Act 3 will deliver on that.

Until then, /lobby for Furies + Merveils + Aliras (for dat Corpse Explosion) dispersed in Chaos.

P.S. Ledge map is good for one reason - it makes for an excellent breather map. While such maps shouldn't dominate gameplay, I do think there is place for a cycle in end-game of high difficulty and low difficulty maps. It just needs to be made so that one cannot abuse the ability to reach the low difficulty map.
Last edited by konfeta on Jan 9, 2012, 11:08:08 PM
FPS for dark forest maps are so shitty most people avoid them.

I'd say its not the maps/tilesets that need retouching. But greater consideration has to be in place with mobs choice and placing.
Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzudxtilpQP_CzgbmkYmW4w

Twitch:
https://www.twitch.tv/uberj4ger
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
"
Letamol wrote:
Yeah, I can understand that people want to be high on the ladder since this is a competitively ranked game, but it's going to be wiped anyway. In the released version, being high on the ladder is a form of prestige. In the beta, though, it just means that you spent most of your time in the beta playing 1 character through the exact same areas over and over and over instead of trying and testing multiple things.

Nothing is going to change at release: its going to be the same people at the top who can put in 8+ hours a day on 1 character grinding high xp yield areas over and over.
Last edited by Letamol on Jan 9, 2012, 11:56:06 PM
Only just got my beta key, currently downloading. But this post alone has solidified my intent to stay forever.
Chaos Is Life, Life Is Chaos, Control Is An Illusion.
Thanks Maetaphor for my Beta Key :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info