Moar Chaos Areas?

"
Kabraxis wrote:
tbh chaos is worst part of the game.

So my opinion is.... /care :)

But to be serious... just focus on finishing core game first then go for endgame.

I can't emphasize this enough.
The content that exists already is far too minimal. We need more areas, acts, quests, and purposeful content (inc. PvP) to test and provide feedback on.

Chaos is no different than any other MMO-style repetitive loot grind mechanic. I guess that a lot of people are happy with that, but I'm really hoping you guys have some better ideas in the pipeline.
59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70
the ledge could be the first one to vote for.

the second one will be removing this ugly night/lightning forest which is annoying. barerly can see mobs cuz of those big trees + its fricking night ...

the 3rd is to avoid the mechanic of to access lvl 58 chaos you need to pass 10 lvl 57 maps. maybe make it random ? not everyone have that much time.
i got my beta key from Icoblablubb - vielen danke !!!

the first (and only?) 6 linked blue sox on magic armor in beta :P
"
Kabraxis wrote:
tbh chaos is worst part of the game.
Agreed. I understand the point in giving end-gamers something to do, but how much good is it really doing when Act 3 will disturb the current leveling scheme? Is Chaos really all that useful for feedback? Is it necessary for anything?

Remove the Ledge-type map. That makes it harder. It's the "end-game" to all those "end-gamers" and it should be difficult. It's far too linear to be a real challenge. The entire map is a bottleneck. You shouldn't be able to reset/portal/reset until you find the easy map. That's an exploit that negates all the effort that's already been put into Chaos design. More linear maps have the same negative effect of making it much easier.

It should be more chaotic. More maps should have odd weather and lighting effects. More things to disturb the players' complacency.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Last edited by WhiteBoy on Jan 9, 2012, 9:50:18 AM
The humorous contrast of questioning the neccessity of chaos and then immediately providing feedback based on it.

Oh Whiteboy, don't you ever change!
Would be nice if you could add the possibility of jumping directly to chaos 58, from the WP. As in, you first have to make it there once, after that you can ctrl-click the wp and spawn either an 57, or an 58. That way it doesn't break anything, everyone that's too weak to make it in 58 can still do 57s, and you still have to "prove yourself" to be able to fast access 58.
People have found ways to go around the 10 levels (run through, spawn exploits of 58.3, etc. All the 10 57 levels do is penalize folks that actually complete content.

I vote to shorten the cycle from 10/3+7 to 3/3 or have 58 a random spawn as suggested above. You do 1-4 57s and a 58 spawns. etc.
I'd like to see some more of the confined, claustrophobic indoor/underground areas. Ones reminiscent of Prison, Chamber of Sins, Ancient Pyramid, or even the second half of Waterfall Cave level 2 would be a nice change from the huge outdoors areas.
And as it is such so also as such is it unto you
Remove the easy liniar ones, give people a challenge.
Its meant to be endgame and tuff, so no easy areas.
Just my humble oppinion.
Look at D2 for reference.

I cannot stress this enough. They made a perfect game. Flawless in every conceivable way.
You don't have to replicate the game, in fact; you've already done something great with the skill system. The map design however should be similar to D2. Expansive. LARGE. You don't have to be extremely detailed about them either. You CAN be where it matters, but for the most part; you simply have to use tricks to give us the illusion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info