How to get rich by developing the best game of all time

Copy POE but actually implement player suggestions
- Auction House (GW2 style)
- Lag free
- Optional Offline and maybe Local Network play (see lag free)
- Remove horrible labyrinth traps
- Get rid of maps and instead make a portal that drops you into random, level appropriate zone
- Item drops you can actually use - whats the point of dropping so much useless crap nobody picks up
- Better RNG system
TRUE FACT

Your success in POE is entirely dependent on the time you have to invest in the game.
Your success in POE is entirely dependent on the time you have to invest in the game.
Last bumped on May 1, 2016, 5:43:49 PM
Just because someone thinks they want something, doesnt mean they will be happy if they get it.

For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
*bump
TRUE FACT

Fund me and find a team of artists and ill make it happen. Oh wait, this is the internet. There isnt a chance youll put your money where your mouth is.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
"
krunchor wrote:
Copy POE but actually implement player suggestions
- Auction House (GW2 style)
- Lag free
- Optional Offline and maybe Local Network play (see lag free)
- Remove horrible labyrinth traps
- Get rid of maps and instead make a portal that drops you into random, level appropriate zone
- Item drops you can actually use - whats the point of dropping so much useless crap nobody picks up
- Better RNG system

1. AH not going to happen, it's such a bad idea that even blizard removed their from D3.
2. HAHAHAHAHAHA, yeah you try making the internet perfect and lag free.
3. Offline means box fee, and since the whole client is in that box it will be pirated and hacked to buggery
4. basically remove anything hard...not a good thing, no challenge means a crap game
5. item drops you can use...you can use all the items dropped atm, but by the sounds of it you only want GG items to drop and drop plentifully...that means you get some fun then drop the game because you've seen it all
6. RNG is inherently shit...there is no "better"

So in conclusion you wouldn't be making any money with those ideas
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on May 1, 2016, 2:57:52 PM
"
SkyCore wrote:
Just because someone thinks they want something, doesnt mean they will be happy if they get it.
True.

Why players say they'd want AH: Because they don't enjoy trading, have done it anyway, and would like to do it with the same rewards in a fraction of the time.
What they don't realize: What would happen if you gave Dried Lake the same rewards while allowing it to be ran even faster? Would this mean less time spent in Dried Lake, or more?

Why players say they want a lag-free game: well, lag sucks. Pretty simple.
What they don't realize: complaints should be forwarded to the players' ISP, not game developers.

Why players say they want increased droprates: because they think more pulls at the RNG lever will lead to more upgrades in the future
What they don't realize: it also leads to more upgrades in the past, so the grind is still a grind

Etc
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 1, 2016, 3:08:17 PM
"
SkyCore wrote:

Nuff said.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
SkyCore wrote:

Jumping on the +1 bandwagon!
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
this should be in community showcase, a modern day pillory
Oblivious
"
krunchor wrote:
*bump

It's eleven months too early to bump an april fools' thread.
You won't get no glory on that side of the hole.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info