Slayer - Impact

"
Makari2180 wrote:
1. What is the exact radius this gives to melee attacks... from the statement above I'm assuming it gives the same radius as a lvl 1 melee splash gem, which I'm having a hard time finding exacts on that as well but I've used the gem before and atleast have some idea of what that is
The base radius of splashing melee attacks is 14 units.

"
Makari2180 wrote:
2. given that this makes melee attacks have an area does the increased area of effect gem now work when linked with single target skill gems? - this is a little more confusing, because nothing specifies giving attacks the aoe keyword, could we get clarification that with this passive increased aoe gems will work for all single target attacks?
No. This isn't a support, it can't change what supports a skill will work with.

"
Makari2180 wrote:
3. just to be sure, does this skill affect in any way the damage of skills that already have the aoe keyword? for example it will not make ground slam deal 50% less damage or anything like that correct?
For the splash, yes, if those skills perform a single-target melee attack. It will only affect that part of the skill, by adding splash damage with the specified multiplier. So it would affect things like Molten Strike or Wild Strike on the melee hit, but will not affect Ground Slam, since that doesn't perform a single-target melee strike.
The increased area modifier on the passive will of course affect any skill that is affected by area modifiers.

"
Makari2180 wrote:
4. from the statement from mark: "In general, if you have the node, you probably don't want the gem.", I have to disagree with this if it works as it appears. the gem has 2 MAJOR benefits that this passive does not have... the most significant is the lesser damage multiplier on splash targets... this passive is a flat 50% less to all other targets, the gem goes all the way down to around 30% less to splash targets, that's a large damage increase for using the gem.
That's only true if you compare using only the gem to using only the passive, which is not what I was talking about in the quoted text. I said that "if you have the node, you probably don't want the gem", which is saying that having only the passive will mostly be better than having both the passive and the gem, because, as mentioned in the other bit you quoted, "The damage modifier is a separate damage modifier to splash damage, if both are in play, both damage modifiers apply."
If you have the passive, you already have the splash property, and a 50% less splash damage modifier. Adding the gem to that doesn't add the splash property (because you already have it), but does add another less damage modifier to the splash damage. While you're correct that you can gain some area from this, the substantial penalty of getting a second less modifier on the splash damage will in most cases make this combination not worth it. I stand by my statement.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info