Is it possible to play this game without crit

What multipliers hurt crit? And ill look up guides on my own if someone can tell me what some good non crit spells are ????
elemental overload, elemental focus (kind of, hurts some non-crit builds too, but in general less than crit ones), controlled destruction (kind of)

basically any spell can be good. spark or arc are easy to play. the problem is not that you choose the wrong skill or decided to play non-crit. It is sub-optimal tree, gear and gem setups. It is close to impossible to make strong character as a first-timer. Game is very complex and you, as a new player, cant see all the synergies/good solutions yet
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
I know my gem setups are shit ive just been experimenting with skills lately the stats i posted were for a finished tree at level 82 but i figured starting over would be best anyways i really like fp but it just seems like it is not doable cause for awhile ill o ly have a 4 link and ive gotta burn two links on faster projectiles and lmp
If you are talking about spellcasters it is still much better to go critical strike. Take note that this game interestingly does not grant much crit from the tree, however, weapons do grant a lot. Take for example golden Kris daggers.
I dont like crit strike cause im a defensive junky and taking crit nodes will take away from my life and es im trynna make a build with excellent defense and good but not great dps
I prefer to ply non-crit. Non crit builds can be very good and cheaper than crit versions.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1481578

This is my lightning ball 4-curse. Easy maps and don't have to wast money to get expensive crit mods on gear.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Is tgere any skill u can use for everything? I didnt like atc cause i had to burn 4 extra links on vsc
play earthquake. its like having crit and resolute technique at the same time.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
personally, i almost never do crit builds; if you plan it out well, things can go just fine without it. In the last few major patches there have been more supports and scaling methods opened up for amping damage without crit, too, so it's only getting more and more viable to do so, even if crit still does tend to be a bit stronger and offer more utility (for some reason).
Last edited by Shppy on Mar 27, 2016, 8:40:56 PM
Spells are predisposed towards crit because they bypass the need to have Accuracy to make crit work, plus base crit tends to be higher on Spell gems. So there isn't really too much incentive to go non-crit spell.

However it is not impossible. Incinerate is a Spell that has 0% base crit chance and thus is balanced around not critting. Depending on how much you hate crit you could use Elemental Overload keystone passive, which removes crit multiplier but grants 40% more damage if you've crit in the past 8 seconds. So if you spec into cast speed and maybe a little bit of spell crit chance, you can get some pretty nice elemental spell damage. I've heard theorycrafting that Orb of Storms would be good for this purpose (plop 1 Orb of Storms down, cast your own lightning spells, profit)

But yeah, if you truly hate crit, the best way to approach the game would be as a Melee Attacker, using Resolute Technique passive keystone as Temjiu hinted at on the first page of this thread. Resolute Technique (RT for short) means you never Crit, but you never Miss either. This allows you to ignore any Accuracy-related stats and build for melee damage. Works best with Axes or Maces, as they are Strength-aligned and thus you waste less with those weapons. But RT Sword works okay as well.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info