Is it possible to play this game without crit

My chars without crit suck yes im new too. How much crit do i need from the tree?????
Last bumped on Mar 28, 2016, 7:56:07 PM
I'm am doing none crit char right now, spell caster and it works great.
Can you give a new player some pointers? I was trying non vrit arc and freezing pulse both sep builds of course but it was pretty terrible how do you do it? I had dmg nodes and life nodes although my gear was shit
Stack multipliers.
Crit multipliers???
"
My chars without crit suck yes im new too. How much crit do i need from the tree?????

Yes it is quite viable to run with no crit. There's even a passive in the tree (near the Maurader section) that removes your chance to crit completely, but you always hit your target (to a degree). It's a very popular passive for Cyclone builds, as well as others.

But either way you need to plan your build around specific objectives (the passive mention above as an example). There are builds that are based around crit (CoC, or Cast on Crit, are quite popular at the moment), and there are builds that just take advantage of it. But if you do, then you need to focus not only on your crit, but on your accuracy as well, as your overal crit chance takes that into effect.

There are passives in the tree that impact crit, as well as various items that do. Daggers tend to be very high in crit, as many of them have a crit bonus as an implicit stat. It can also pop up on just about any magic or rare gear as an explicit stat. And Many Unique items are specifically designed around crit rating.

If you go to http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/ down towards the bottom is a search field, you can type in "critical" or "critical strike chance" and it will highlight the passives that provide it.

I highly suggest that you follow one of the appropriate builds in your classes forum if you are new to PoE and it's skill tree. the skill tree is massive, and you can easily get lost if your not used to it and where things are placed. So find a build that fits what you are leaning towards and follow it. I didn't start making my own builds until my 3rd or 4th character, and even now I still follow many build initially, as it's easy to miss critical health and defense nodes on your way to the juicy damage nodes.

Iin closing, Path of Exile is a very fun game, but is also very challenging for a newcomer. It's skill tree is very flexible, but also can punish you for making the wrong decisions. So stick to a known build, try a few new things out along the way (if you want), and if you really want a crit build then start saving your currencies and looking for good gear with crit on them.
Last edited by Temjiu on Mar 27, 2016, 1:08:01 PM
"
Crit multipliers???

Crit multi is not the only one. All that says "more"(or "less") is a multi and u just stack them, like RF or controlled destruction.
i want to make a non crit build i like the skill freeze pulse alot but i cant run it cause it needs proj speed and lmp so thats a dealbreaker to me so i tried arc with vaal sc and the damage was ass. I follow a build guide roughly cause i like making my own things but i thought my tree was solid at level 82 i has 150 percent life 100 percent es and 130 light damage and over a 100 spell damage not counting gear. I tried eb and mom but my eb couldnt sustain the skill cost of arc i had zo as well with some regen nodes and stone golem. My gear was ass i know that need upgraded but u seem like u now how to play this game can u tell me what the best spell or spells are for non crit and throw me some pointers on noncrit? Not a guide i just dony know what im doing wrong i was following ziggyds tanky arc templr guide for the most part
I didnt like arc cause u drop all that support in it and u still need to burn 4 sockets for single target dps in vaal stormcall
non-crit is stronger than ever, due to all the new multipliers penalizing crit damage (status ailments)
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info