What can i do from here???

Hi, i am just a casual gamer and distributed my points just how it felt right at the moment.
But now i have hit something like a dead end in merciless act3, i thought i am pretty tanky but many rares just one or two shot me now.

The dps with Heavy Strike is somewhat okay with 2500dps i think...
My gear isn't that good but i still have 80% resists 4000armor, 5000 with Molten Shell 1700HP

i don't really understand what i do wrong to get so much damage. is my gear just too bad and much more hp is needed?
Or is close combat on higher difficulty just impossible?

Mostly went with Heavy Strike, Molten Shell, Enduring Cry and some Damage Auras

are there any confirmed working builds or playstyles i can go with, without doing a new character T_T

Here my build till now.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAecCcQSzBS0FWxQgFE0ZLhoyGjgn1SftKLUpLilPLdIyCTboOlI62DwFPfxAoEbXTdhPfVBHUFBRYFYEVw1YY1nzXQBfP2CIYVJmnnKpfLh82YBWgW-Cm4M4hmCLjIwGjHaMz5BVkc6ePJ7Nn8uf36SspzCnhKmVrKq53bvtwBrEWMbY0iHUj9lh37_hc-w47SDvDu9O73zyL_Pd9kg=

Thanks for your time if you have any suggestions.
Last edited by Ascathon on Feb 18, 2013, 10:06:52 AM
your passives look pretty solid for the most part.

1.) Keep 2 granite flasks on you. Charge recovery + movespeed are my fav!
2.) I would try blood rage.
3.) get ALL of the endurance charges
4.) Try trading for 2 Koams rings to get 2 more endurance charges.
5.) Focus on keeping endurance charges up all the time.
6.) I would get rid of Blood magic if it was me.

Post your gear too. I will be making a build like this soon.
IGN: YeahCrit

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Elmo Fire Templar HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/93967
Last edited by YeahPete on Feb 18, 2013, 6:41:57 AM
Take anything I say with a grain of salt because I haven't even gotten to Act 3 Normal yet....

But wouldn't Immortal Call help you out a little? I know it's not much, but it will keep you from dying.

You're 7 nodes away from a 20% Mana (or Health in your case) reservation reduction (so you'd have more hp)

Also, why did you skip the Critical Multiplier reduction in the Mara Tree? It could be that it's critical strikes that are hurting you so badly (and that would reduce the damage multiplier).

You're pretty close to the hp on kill nodes. Depending on how well you can kill mob clusters with Molten Shell, this could help you some too (not even remotely sure on that part)

Again, I know next to nothing about the higher levels but there are 4 things that might help.

Thats pretty much my current gear, i often change it out to keep my resist up when i find something with more slots. But like i said, i think its mostly trash ^^

I don't really think that its just the critical strikes that kill me, unless endgame mobs always critical strike? i have no knowledgge about that.

i have Immortal Call but it would only give me the chance to run away. if it gets dangerous i leap strike away. that works better in my opinion.

For Blood Magic, i have tried to check it out, but that just wont work, i have not enough mana and mana regen for that. without it i become a sitting duck very fast....
Last edited by Ascathon on Feb 18, 2013, 7:14:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info